Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' (38038 Views)

Actor Yemi Solade And Wife Celebrates Wedding Anniversary,shares Romantic Photos / Yemi Solade & His son in matching outfits / Lawal Dolapo Accuses Yemi Solade Of Demanding Sex From Her For Role. He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

Almost impossible to be honest in this country. Nigeria makes the imperative of survival too pressing, too choking, makes life so demanding. If you want some air, you gats to steal, deceive and cheat others. A regular Nigerian is a cheat. I'm not judging no one. Nigeria made us so.

Nigeria made you so, This is not true, you alone can make yourself,
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2018
“I struggle to get good jobs; I have done my best. I should have left Nigeria 20 years ago, but I stayed to contribute my quota to its development.
na so. you stayed cos u were chopping enough money from the entertainment industry. You chop without saving for the rainy day & when that rainy comes u start crying "I'm tired". Go na!

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Phut(f): 9:51am On Jun 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

In context we are saying the same thing.
No we are not. We are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
You were making excuses that Nigeria makes people dishonest. My point is that Nigeria is the way it is because people are dishonest. Kpom kwem.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by ozoebuka1(m): 9:54am On Jun 16, 2018
dermmy:

Go and sleep jor are you saying the suffering started under Buhari it started many years back even after independence.
Go and read when his own problems became worse and quote me again let's discuss undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Mujtahida: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Phut:

No we are not. We are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
You were making excuses that Nigeria makes people dishonest. My point is that Nigeria is the way it is because people are dishonest. Kpom kwem.
What I mean is that intrinsically Nigerians are not dishonest but we have created a society, a system that corrupts us.

Key word:we created.

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by onatisi(m): 9:55am On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This was such a depressing read for me cry

Guys, is Nigeria's economy really this bad now?

baba, if me a fanatical supporter of people doing things in nigeria and staying in nigeria can now be be shouting that talented youths and individuals who knows they have something tangible to do in their lives should leave naija , then you should know that things have really gone from bad to worst .

11 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by pedrilo: 9:56am On Jun 16, 2018
Shortyy:
OMG his children are cute!!
the issue is lack of funds

1 Like

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by skillet(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2018
colonist:
as much as I will concur with him as regards leaving this country ... cos even me, I don't understand Nigeria again

he doesn't seem to sound like a person that is willing to do what ever it takes to seize his moment....

baba if it takes you to ask.... better do it....
u even have people u can ask... some people don't have.

Na jungle we de so.... do what u can to put food on the table man.

you are dangerous person. #juststatingfact

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by dermmy(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2018
ozoebuka1:
Go and read when his own problems became worse and quote me again let's discuss undecided

Lol. Ok o
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Mujtahida: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2018
ozoebuka1:
In as much as there's hardship in this Buhari Government, it's not about Buhari. It's about us as a people. Is it Buhari that makes government officials steal and do all sort of shady things? If you remove Buhari from the picture would you have an eldorado.

Think deeply. Buhari is not a primary cause. We have not gotten our first principles, our fundamentals right!

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by femi4: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2018
eleojo23:
The more I try to have hope in Nigeria, the more I see reasons to give up on her.

Honestly, this is a frustrating place to live. Nothing is normal here.
hope died with Abiola in Hope '93

1 Like

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by onwuakpachris(m): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2018
js take 400mg of t.m and chill man..
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=Josh44s post=68529442] This is exactly what every Nigerian is going through. We do not want Otedola or Dangote wealth, just the basic amenities to enable life and the environment conducive for us to live in. An ordinary nursery school teacher overseas live a standard life, a barber, mechanic, laborer, Sales reps live comfortable lives, own exotic rides, lives in good apartments overeseas. Policemen overseas are living so comfortable that you will want to join the police force not to mention the Army or Navy. This is the sad reality in Nigeria and almost 97% of countries in Africa. I am tired abeg, I am really tired and I give up just like this man. God help us. embarassed embarassed

True words!

Before I left Nigeria, I was earning 15,000 naira monthly as a house cleaner. After a year, my employer increased my salary to 20,000 monthly. I worked all round the clock without rest. Even the 20,000 naira was too big or difficult for my boss to pay. My boss who lives at Chevron Lekki couldn't pay 20,000 naira. She began to owe me and give me different excuses. I finally left her house without 4 months salary.
I returned back to my state jobless, hungry and frustrated. Thank God I followed my heart by leaving the country. Since I left Nigeria, no regrets. Now I'm on a 102,000 naira monthly salary as a cleaner and my employer and family members gives me monetary bonus whenever they feel impressed. Now I live well and I can send money home. Though I never sent money home sha because I'm saving. In close to 5 years I've saved millions. Something I couldn't do when I was in Nigeria.
Nigeria is indeed a mess. The country should be sold out simple!
The actor should just relocate with his family asap! When he don chop 'belle full' he can return back home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Splashme: 10:04am On Jun 16, 2018
ogtavia:
Honestly..i feel his pain. Its difficult to be honest in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Phut(f): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

What I mean is that intrinsically Nigerians are not dishonest but we have created a society, a system that corrupts us.

Key word:we created.

Okay. So since we created it, each and everyone of us is responsible for undoing the mess. Everyone of us must resolve to be honest in the small things and by so doing, change the prevailing culture. After all, little drops of watch make an ocean.

Also a person who can’t be faithful in the little things, cannot be faithful in big things. E.g. the Politicians did not just become thieves when they were sworn into office. Politicians are chosen from the polity. The more honest the polity is (generally) the greater the chances that we will actually get an honest politician.

4 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68530564][/quote]which country are u staying presently. and what kind of work are u doing ?
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by okolet(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2018
Simplep:
Nigeria my country,abeg dnt go o,we are in dis togeda

U sef cheesy

Check ya inbox wink
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 16, 2018
onatisi:

baba, if me a fanatical supporter of people doing things in nigeria and staying in nigeria can now be be shouting that talented youths and individuals who knows they have something tangible to do in their lives should leave naija , then you should know that things have really gone from bad to worst .

Chineke!

And I'm looking forward to coming back home in a few years.
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Diso60090(m): 10:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Dreyl:
I guess you don't know this is a zoo, thank God I have two passports.

Efcc where una dey Yahoo plus sight in nairaland age 23 location Nigeria
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by stilldoingokay(f): 10:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Josh44s:
This is exactly what every Nigerian is going through. We do not want Otedola or Dangote wealth, just the basic amenities to enable life and the environment conducive for us to live in. An ordinary nursery school teacher overseas live a standard life, a barber, mechanic, laborer, Sales reps live comfortable lives, own exotic rides, lives in good apartments overeseas. Policemen overseas are living so comfortable that you will want to join the police force not to mention the Army or Navy. This is the sad reality in Nigeria and almost 97% of countries in Africa. I am tired abeg, I am really tired and I give up just like this man. God help us. embarassed embarassed

is painful, Nigeria is very hard. is more painful when you work with a Lebanese.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2018
Asowari:
which country are u staying presently. and what kind of work are u doing ?

You should tell from her Nairaland Moniker that she is presently in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:14am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=Mujtahida post=68530413]
In as much as there's hardship in this Buhari Government, it's not about Buhari. It's about us as a people. Is it Buhari that makes government officials steal and do all sort of shady things? If you remove Buhari from the picture would you have an eldorado.

Think deeply. Buhari is not a primary cause. We have not gotten our first principles, our fundamentals right!

It's not a buhari case. Nigeria don spoil since the time of Abiola etc if not all our old musicians wouldn't have sang songs of sufferings or there wouldn't have been hope 93. I saw the SDP 93 advert then I concluded within me that the suffering, no be today e start. E don tey wella. But it keeps getting worst no change yet. They promise change but no changes at all. People are angry with buhari because the people who voted him in had all hope on him. He raised their hope high. Buhari gbe won so ri scale yels won Jo Lori scale. He disappointed a lot of people with his change stunt. Even the Israelite got angry with moses at a point when they saw no change. They told moses that it would have been better he had left them in Egypt to die. If buhari had known that it was an impossible mission, he shouldn't have stepped in at all. A lot of people said the previous administration embezzled lots of money but the money stolen was circulated. Things were not tight and difficult according to them. Now people are chanting 'take back your change and bring back the corruption' just imagine? It has gotten to that...
Wo owo ro mi jare

5 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by MENTORCH(m): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2018
I really feel for him, it’s not easy especially when he has kids to take care of. But before he leaves Nigeria he should ask himself someone questions like what he will be doing abroad when he gets there and will he be legal to be able to get a job. Someone who is abroad and doesn’t have legal documents aside runs the person will be living in hell abroad, all that glitters isn’t gold.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2018
It's pride that made this man stay in Nigeria after hooking up with a foreign wife.
Who knows, he presented himself as a top notch celebrity to the parents and did the typical Nigerian eye service to impress her family.

Cos I don't understand what he is doing in Nigeria in the first place.
Acting?
How much do they pay actors especially male actors?
He must have politician friends to belong or into background yahoo deal like the rest of them.

Nigeria don't have entertainers. Even the copy copy, we no fit do well. Cursed nation.

Imagine super Eagles praying in Russia and if they eventually carry the trophy one pastor will come to tell us he foresaw it and lead them in prayers.
Eew!

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:22am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=Asowari post=68530629]which country are u staying presently. and what kind of work are u doing ?

Saudi Riyadh.
I'm a house cleaner, keeper, maid, whatever you wish to call it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by jaxxy(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2018
Acting career has a life span and this is determined sm factors, like appearances, diction, charisma, connections, brand and how versatile u are cos as the industry is growing and getting bigger new people and challenges are coming.

The issue is dis man didn't keep up with the times and stay relevant in the game. He says he a thoroughbred bt he not in the category of Rmd or zack orji who command attention when they talk so wat makes him spectacular and with many young and fresh talents coming he's spot is gone, He didn't learn directing, didn't invest in anything lucrative and now ure lamenting because u refused to grow urself.

5 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Yinkagbo(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

Almost impossible to be honest in this country. Nigeria makes the imperative of survival too pressing, too choking, makes life so demanding. If you want some air, you gats to steal, deceive and cheat others. A regular Nigerian is a cheat. I'm not judging no one. Nigeria made us so.

Infact,on the judgement day God should at least try to ask the country one is from, so he can know the kind of judgement he can give that person......some things should not be sin in this country..... Nigeria hard no be small.... Lol.
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Mujtahida: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2018
Phut:

Okay. So since we created it, each and everyone of us is responsible for undoing the mess. Everyone of us must resolve to be honest in the small things and by so doing, change the prevailing culture. After all, little drops of watch make an ocean.

Also a person who can’t be faithful in the little things, cannot be faithful in big things. E.g. the Politicians did not just become thieves when they were sworn into office. Politicians are chosen from the polity. The more honest the polity is (generally) the greater the chances that we will actually get an honest politician.
Politicians will always be corrupt. In fact they are responsible for the mess we are in today. Let us concentrate on creating a honest system(though I doubt if it can be done without the politicians).

1 Like

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Mujtahida: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=RiyadhGoddess post=68530835][/quote]
I detest Buhari. He is old and empty.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by uncjay(m): 10:33am On Jun 16, 2018
seriously whatever decision at this stage, as long as it pays, please follow it. this country is cruel to all. those in power are monsters in sheep clothing. It a struggle everyday.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by pacespot(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2018
Saviour22:
no be Yoruba people wey make buhari win, why is he complaining now undecided my friend enjoy your change

did he start acting when buhari came to power? make sense at least sometimes
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Mujtahida: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2018
Yinkagbo:

Infact,on the judgement day God should at least try to ask the country one is from, so he can know the kind of judgement he can give that person......some things should not be sin in this country..... Nigeria hard no be small.... Lol.
What do we need? Food, house, clothing, good roads, water, electricity and clean environment. Is it nuclear science for us to provide these things? Simple basic things which we need to enjoy life we no fit provide for ourselves inspite of the rich natural and Human resources we have. It's a tragedy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies Are Rubbing Kcee's Backside On Stage (photos) / Tonto Dikeh's son's award shows his surname has officially been changed to Dikeh / Medical Student Draws Trey Songz (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.