Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. (17767 Views)

Tinubu Projected To Win APC Presidential Primaries - The Cable / Air Force Wings 6 New Helicopter Pilots, Assures Of Sustained Air Power Delivery / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 16, 2018
Caseless:
don't mind kids like iamkeyz. They know nothing - they just crave for "likes".

The Brahmos is an antiship cruise missile jontly developed with Russia. But you re correct. The Brahmos is the fastest antiship cruise missile in the world. Who would have tought it possible a decade ago. If anyone had told you in 2010 Nigeria would operate armed drones you would have thought that person was a retard.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 16, 2018
Idiots!!!

they are not even going anywhere near S/A come 2050grin grin grin...

shithole country,it's only during election periods,you begin to hear so many projections; D grin grin....

Why nt kuku ma project that Naija ll become d world power come 2019

Ndi ara!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by lexy2014: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2018
iamkeyz:
Lol.
If by air power you mean Benin abụ na edo airways I no argue but if you are talking about air power ad in air warfare...
Amaala ga aparakwa ìgwè ụnu o.
Make naija go siddon mehn.
Make we hear word for this country.
Sometimes the mumubility and idiocy of officials of thus joke of a country baffles me but then I temper that their own stupidity is coded iberibelistacally and I shake my head.
Small naija wey never see food chop, finish boo Haram, fulani herdsmen wan over take SA for air power.... Air power gbuo unu dịa.
some people will still come and tell u na buhari make sense pass
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by EternalTruths: 6:40am On Jun 16, 2018
Caseless:
don't mind kids like iamkeyz. They know nothing - they just crave for "likes".

Stop giving yourself false hope.

Nigeria can never be a great country with Fulani Terrorists in charge of the affairs of the country as well as wiping off whole villages in order to steal land.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by lexy2014: 6:43am On Jun 16, 2018
docadams:

Not impossible. India of the early 80's couldn't even make a reliable Keke Napepe but today, it has sent a satellite to Mars in her first attempt, a world record. It also has the longest range ICBM - BrahMos.
how do all these improve our standard of living

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by EternalTruths: 6:44am On Jun 16, 2018
SSGN:

The Brahmos is an antiship cruise missile jontly developed with Russia. But you re correct. The Brahmos is the fastest antiship cruise missile in the world. Who would have tought it possible a decade ago. If anyone had told you in 2010 Nigeria would operate armed drones you would have thought that person was a retard.

Armed drones built by who.?

Are the armed drones built by Nigerians.?

India would have gone beyond this level unfortunately, she is another British created mess just like Nigeria.

Nigeria, can never work.

Your region can work but not Nigeria as a whole.

Which part of the British created mess (Nigeria) are you from.?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 16, 2018
How is Britain the architect of Nigeria's mess?
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Greenback: 6:52am On Jun 16, 2018
iamkeyz:
Lol.
If by air power you mean Benin abụ na edo airways I no argue but if you are talking about air power ad in air warfare...
Sometimes the mumubility and idiocy of officials of thus joke of a country baffles me but then I temper that their own stupidity is coded iberibelistacally and I shake my head.
Small naija wey never see food chop, finish boo Haram, fulani herdsmen wan over take SA for air power.... Air power gbuo unu dịa.

they should overtake the rest of africa as the clowns and jokes of the continent,if they aint already grin

I am pretty sure they got the worst power generation in the world. No light everywhere. Everyday darkness.
What a kwantiri grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by deomelo: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2018
The NAF is building capacity so fast and it seems funding is not a big issue so I see this projection holding, maybe a little longer, but they are on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by kcceey: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2018
Mcheeew! When u smoke N10,000 kwale weed by yaself in one sitting U can say anything.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by abeggnow: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2018
iamkeyz:
Lol.
when you know nothing about the military, why dont u keep quiet. Nigeria has been increasing its airforce capacity while SA gas been reducing hers due to fifference in treat levels.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by deomelo: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2018
What's even more amazing is the drive to build up AF special forces, K9 Unit, anti-terrorist Unit and their own ground troops.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by EternalTruths: 7:00am On Jun 16, 2018
SSGN:
How is Britain the architect of Nigeria's mess?

Who created Nigeria.?

Were the component ethnic nations consulted before the amalgamation of Nigeria.?

Answer my question.

Which part of this mess called Nigeria are you from.?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by EternalTruths: 7:02am On Jun 16, 2018
abeggnow:
when you know nothing about the military, why dont u keep quiet. Nigeria has been increasing its airforce capacity while SA gas been reducing hers due to fifference in treat levels.

A nation that can not build a bicycle wheel.?

Funny people on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by giles14(m): 7:14am On Jun 16, 2018
SSGN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T38dCdtrA4
bros please wake up and stop dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Bullhari007(m): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2018
with outdated airpower...
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by deomelo: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2018
abeggnow:

These ignorant anti-Nigerian elements don't know anything beyond their usual anti-Nigerian rubbish, hatred and bitterness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by nairalee(m): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2018
Who is doing all these projection? The person no no say na with speed Nigeria dey take run backwards?

In the year 2050 Nigeria fit discover how to make matches by that time the rest of the world don dey Mars

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 16, 2018
Dreaming? I dont think so bro. The expansion of the Nigerian Air force is is expanding fast. The NAF has been left to rot for over two decades. Expansion and modernization will be a gradual process, but we are getting there already.

Largest attack helicopter gunship
fleet in Sub Sahara Africa and 3rd largest overall after Egypt and Algeria. These are not average run of mil helicopters. Nearly half of Nigeria's helicopter gunship fleet will be the Mi-35M helicopter gunships. This is one of the most advanced attack helicopters in the world with night mission capability.

Biggest fleet of heavy lift transport planes. We talking about Five Hercules C-130 aircraft. Its complimented by a similar number of G-222 meduim transport aircraft.
planes
Largest and most advanced of ISR/ISTAR platforms in Africa currently. Two ATR-42 Maritime patrol. Four King Air 350i surveillance aircraft and of course drones. Nigeria operates a fleet of four CH-3 Rainbow attack drones. These drones are armed with the Ar-1 antitank missiles. A Chinese adaptation to the American Hellfire missile, but still capable.

The one area the Nigerian Air Force is lacking is in strike aircraft. Qualitatively and numerically Nigeria is pretty much deficient in this area. But this is more or less by design not be a lack of capacity. Should the NAF decide to upgrade its fleet of strike aircrafts there will be no sweat. If the three JF-17 Thunder slated for delivery proves to be a highly capable aircraft during testing and evaluation i see Nigeria acquiring a Squadron or more. Until then Nigeria has to make do with the assets on ground.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Bruemath(m): 7:47am On Jun 16, 2018
They have started projecting, from now till 2030 they will be still projecting. embarassed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Bundaweber: 7:49am On Jun 16, 2018
when SA produces some of their own aircrafts like (I think red hawk or so gunship)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Chelseafan99: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2018
HAHA, Nigeria and armed drones. Where Nigeria see armed drone? Op thinks we are all gullible. Rubbish !!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Ziggylady(f): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2018
iamkeyz:
Lol.

lol! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by contigiency(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2018
It's not surprising because buhari knows what it takes and the need to have strong security for the country. And he has never hidden his commitment to achieve that. He has demonstrated it by his recent purchases of modern security equipment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by SalamRushdie: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2018
Lies from the pits of hell

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by deomelo: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2018
Chelseafan99:
HAHA, Nigeria and armed drones. Where Nigeria see armed drone? Op thinks we are all gullible. Rubbish !!

Ignorance.

Many of you don't even know anything about your own country, but you still love to open mouth and spew rubbish on the internet.
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by HarryDuce(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2018
Good. let 2020 reach let up see results.
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=deomelo post=68527281]

Ignorance.
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 16, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Lies from the pits of hell

Abeg tell us.
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Okoroawusa: 8:15am On Jun 16, 2018
boolet:
Lol. Please they should talk about having a national carrier and not bother about air warfare. #BringBackNigerianAirways. tongue
That is done already

Just chill
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by Okoroawusa: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2018
SSGN:
Dreaming? I dont think so bro. The expansion of the Nigerian Air force is is expanding fast. The NAF has been left to rot for over two decades. Expansion and modernization will be a gradual process, but we are getting there already.

Largest attack helicopter gunship
fleet in Sub Sahara Africa and 3rd largest overall after Egypt and Algeria. These are not average run of mil helicopters. Nearly half of Nigeria's helicopter gunship fleet will be the Mi-35M helicopter gunships. This is one of the most advanced attack helicopters in the world with night mission capability.

Biggest fleet of heavy lift transport planes. We talking about Five Hercules C-130 aircraft. Its complimented by a similar number of G-222 meduim transport aircraft.
planes
Largest and most advanced of ISR/ISTAR platforms in Africa currently. Two ATR-42 Maritime patrol. Four King Air 350i surveillance aircraft and of course drones. Nigeria operates a fleet of four CH-3 Rainbow attack drones. These drones are armed with the Ar-1 antitank missiles. A Chinese adaptation to the American Hellfire missile, but still capable.

The one area the Nigerian Air Force is lacking is in strike aircraft. Qualitatively and numerically Nigeria is pretty much deficient in this area. But this is more or less by design not be a lack of capacity. Should the NAF decide to upgrade its fleet of strike aircrafts there will be no sweat. If the three JF-17 Thunder slated for delivery proves to be a highly capable aircraft during testing and evaluation i see Nigeria acquiring a Squadron or more. Until then Nigeria has to make do with the assets on ground.
Bro,Igbos no know the names of all these planes you r calling
Re: Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. by CSTR1003: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2018
But South Africa is no longer a dominant air power in Africa.

Egypt Algeria, Ethiopia, even Uganda and Angola will have a say.

Get 20 SU-30 from Russia that the likes of Angola already have and Nigeria will have overtaken South Africa.

It is easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Seeks Approval To Hit Market With Diesel, Aviation Fuel / National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely / 14 Ondo House Members Sign For Impeachment Of Ajayi Agboola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.