Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! (1993 Views)

Alex Otti's Campaign Council Chairman, Nnanna Ngwu Is Dead / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by ariesbull: 9:47am On Jun 16, 2018
Demonstrating Maturity , Nnanna Pleads For Forgiveness From The Yoruba Nation

Once again, I wish to humbly appeal to all Yoruba people to please forgive and forget my indiscretion on my Facebook comment on Friday, 9th June 2018 which, understandably sparked off widespread outrage. I never imagined in my wildest dream that an offhand remark could provoke an anger of volcanic dimension which has threatened my career and Vanguard Newspapers as an institution.

The offensive comment did not come out the way I intended it - as familial joke - but as an adult I am solely responsible for the outcome. One moment of madness has threatened my 29 years of living and working in Lagos during which I have made friends from all ethnic groups, and not among the least the Yorubas. I sincerely regret this unfortunate incident.
https://etimes.com.ng/demonstrating-maturity-nnanna-pleads-for-forgiveness-from-the-yoruba-nation/

I must say that the indiscretion was not done at the behest, or on behalf of, Vanguard Newspapers. That is why I have serially issued my heartfelt apologies to my Yoruba compatriots both as a group and personally to those whose contacts I possess. Happily, almost all of them have shown uncommon understanding because they know me very well and have followed my work as a journalist closely.

Nothing could be further from the wrong notion of "ethnic hatred" some have ascribed to me. I have enjoyed mutually beneficial relationships with people of Yoruba ethnic stock as with a cross-section of other Nigerians, both high and low. This is probably not the forum to go into details on this because of space constraints. Therefore my apology is total and without reservations.

I take the blame for my failure to realise the damage such careless and irresponsible comment could cause. It is a big eye-opener and lesson to me. I regret the trauma this unfortunate episode has caused everybody.

I am willing to play any role required of me to end this matter peacefully and promote understanding. I have learned my lessons and I am eager to prove that I have no hatred for any group whatsoever, not least the Yoruba ethnic group. Their generosity of heart has promoted the corporate existence of Nigeria and provided all Nigerians and even foreigners a condusive environment for self-actualisation.

On this note, I completely retract that offensive post because it neither represents what the illustrious Yoruba nation stands for nor my perception of them. I call on all my friends, kith and kin to please join in all efforts to restore confidence, mutual respect and love which were badly shaken since this nightmare started.

Thank you, and may God bless you all. And may God bless Nigeria.

Your compatriot,

OCHEREOME NNANNA

2 Likes

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by midolian(m): 9:51am On Jun 16, 2018
Yorubas dont need your apology. They already knw what you stand for..

Apologising probably because vanguard has threatened to sack him.

Weyrey!

4 Likes

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by lastempero: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2018
Next time mind how u open ur bucka cavity abi u think u are in nairaland where every dick n harry can curse anyhow.
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Its good, he has set a new precedence, the next prominent person with large clout who insults a tribe without apology, would be the beginning of hate speech on a level beyond the nation.
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by doubleportion: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Apologi caceres! Go and sin no more!
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2018
Sometimes the spoken and written words are like eggs...once it falls down, it can’t be repaired.

Nnenna is too old not to know the importance and implications of some things..Nairaland youths can easily be forgiven, not such an elderly person

Nnenna is a classic example of the saying that to be educated is not to be civilized

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by magoo10(m): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2018
Well said and maturely too ,I believe the reasonable Yoruba's will forgive him.

Some tribal bigots can really push one to say nasty things atimes. Ejo ema binu pupo
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by DrGoodman: 10:18am On Jun 16, 2018
Patiently waiting for the apologies of Oba of Lagos, abi the man never get maturity? grin

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by TMemos: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
He disappointed so many people with his tribal and bigoted comments and such have been consistent with his postings. It's so sad. Nnanna was even using his timeline to spread fake messages which had a religious slant. A chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper!

It's even worse that many of his tribe members saw nothing wrong in the rubbish he wrote and supported him. He also arrogantly boasted that he won't apologise. He even thoughtlessly abused the Vice President and the President using dirty words! Haba! A journalist with supposed years of experience.

The case of Nnanna is like that of a deep scar. It can't be like part of the normal skin anymore. People may have forgiven him but they won't forget.

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Westbestside: 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
You are forgiven jor
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by sinkhole: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
TMemos:
He disappointed so many people with his tribal and bigoted comments and such have been consistent with his postings. It's so sad. Nnanna was even using his timeline to spread fake messages which had a religious slant. A chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper!

It's even worse that many of his tribe members saw nothing wrong in the rubbish he wrote and supported him. He also arrogantly boasted that he won't apologise. He even thoughtlessly abused the Vice President and the President using dirty words! Haba! A journalist with supposed years of experience.

The case of Nnanna is like that of a deep scar. It can't be like part of the normal skin anymore. People may have forgiven him but they won't forget.
Hmmm, akii ti kootu de sore! (We do not come back from court to become friends)
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Blooddiamond: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Good example. The king of lagoons didn't apologized until today. angry

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
Blooddiamond:
Good example. The king of lagoons didn't apologized until today. angry

Una don change tone? Thought you guys encouraged him to damn the consequences and to hell with apology, I guess the man is far more sensible than most of you

2 Likes

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:
Sometimes the spoken and written words are like eggs...once it falls down, it can’t be repaired.

Nnenna is too old not to know the importance and implications of some things..Nairaland youths can easily be forgiven, not such an elderly person

Nnenna is a classic example of the saying that to be educated is not to be civilized

Nnanna not Nnenna...pls

stop joking with people's name
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

Nnanna not Nnenna...pls

stop joking with people's name

Oh well, thanks for the correction, it’s not a name I’m familiar with.
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

Oh well, thanks for the correction, it’s not a name I’m familiar with.

No u are familiar with only with only chinedu, emeka., ojukwu.which u and ur allied forces used in coursing ibos and peddling liees against igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

No u are familiar with only with only chinedu, emeka., ojukwu.which u and ur allied forces used in coursing ibos and peddling liees against igbo people.

Why are are you talking about ? What is coursing? What sort of stupid English is that.
I genuinely admitted something and you are insisting otherwise? Are you ok?

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

Why are are you talking about ? What is coursing? What sort of stupid English is that.
I genuinely admitted something and you are insisting otherwise? Are you ok?

Cursing rather.....

I made a fact plain to u.....

Kindly admit that u people are betrayals.....so that the Igbo nation will know truly u people are remorseful for ur actions.....not trying to suffocate Nnanna for just a mere statement.....of his opinion...

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

Cursing rather.....

I made a fact plain to u.....

Kindly admit that u people are betrayals.....so that the Igbo nation will know truly u people are remorseful for ur actions.....not trying to suffocate Nnanna for just a mere statement.....of his opinion...

Read the piece again, you will see the timeline that is actually verifiable of Ibos betrayal of the south because of political appointments and civil service control..however you are free to remain Slave to the story handed down to you by your embittered uncles.

Ibos think that an alliance with the north will guarantee them an unfair edge in the federal civil service, which an alliance with Awo cannot allow them since yorubas are well educated

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

Read the piece again, you will see the timeline that is actually verifiable of Ibos betrayal of the south because of political appointments and civil service control..however you are free to remain Slave to the story handed down to you by your embittered uncles.

I think u are the one to read again...because this is what ladoke Akintoal and Akinjide did...they removed merit from Nigeria....they created the Nigeria current problems.....#Facts#

“ The Igbos did not appreciate what Akintola did because they knew their game was over. They could no longer continue to dominate most of the federal jobs that could not go to the northerners because they did not have the education to hold such positions in the Public Service. Richard Akinjide became Federal Minister of Education because of the move and one of the first things he did was to start correcting the lopsided imbalance. The Igbos did not forgive Akinjide or Akintola till tomorrow but the two Yoruba leaders did the right thing. I was in the Federal Public Service at the time and I knew that Richard Akinjide did what he had to do to put the Yorubas back in contention at the federal level.”

This is when merit left Nigeria.....If u don't hv the education to occupy a position then go and get it not tempering with the structure for yoruba to fit in.......

This another basis of tribalism started by akintola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

I think u are the one to read again...because this is what ladoke Akintoal and Akinjide did...they removed merit from Nigeria....they created the Nigeria current problems.....#Facts#

“ The Igbos did not appreciate what Akintola did because they knew their game was over. They could no longer continue to dominate most of the federal jobs that could not go to the northerners because they did not have the education to hold such positions in the Public Service. Richard Akinjide became Federal Minister of Education because of the move and one of the first things he did was to start correcting the lopsided imbalance. The Igbos did not forgive Akinjide or Akintola till tomorrow but the two Yoruba leaders did the right thing. I was in the Federal Public Service at the time and I knew that Richard Akinjide did what he had to do to put the Yorubas back in contention at the federal level.”

This is when merit left Nigeria.....If u don't hv the education to occupy a position then go and get it not tempering with the structure for yoruba to fit in.......

This another basis of tribalism started by akintola.

You are only reinforcing what other Nigerians say about the Ibos..it’s only merit when it’s Ibo, but tribalism when it’s other, when are you going to realize that life doesn’t work that way and everything doesn’t have to be about you always ?
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

You are only reinforcing what other Nigerians say about the Ibos..it’s only merit when it’s Ibo, but tribalism when it’s other, when are you going to realize that life doesn’t work that way and everything doesn’t have to be about you always ?

seriously....

anyway I blame the yoruba writer at the end for asking for reconciliation which won't work when ur brothers nearly suffocated Nnanna for a mere statement.......

who knows what will happen to larger igbo nation.....

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

seriously....

anyway I blame the yoruba writer at the end for asking for reconciliation which won't work when ur brothers nearly suffocated Nnanna for a mere statement.......

who knows what will happen to larger igbo nation.....

At this point, I doubt anything like reconciliation as long as the Ibos are ready to keep blaming everyone else for their Biafra losses and not thier leadership that made some very bad decisions
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

At this point, I doubt anything like reconciliation as long as the Ibos are ready to keep blaming everyone else for their Biafra losses and not thier leadership that made some very bad decisions

Igbo is always blaming and cause of everything....

una be saint.

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

Igbo is always blaming and cause of everything....

una be saint.

Even the guy that wrote the piece clearly stated we all have our portion of the blame, but you hardly see any Ibo taking the blame, they are either blaming the northerners, the foreign powers or the yorubas.

Look inward and see where your leadership erred

1 Like

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

Even the guy that wrote the piece clearly stated we all have our portion of the blame, but you hardly see any Ibo taking the blame, they are either blaming the northerners, the foreign powers or the yorubas.

Look inward and see where your leadership erred

anyway the pieces is full of lies and distortion....

the piece was written by a yorubaman and edited by a yorubaman and u expect a right thinking person to believe this fabricated stories......

This don't work that way.

Is only in yorubaland u go dey here omo ibo,

in east nothing like dat, we u by ur name...whether Olaniyi or olakamkpo....

2 Likes

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

anyway the pieces is full of lies and distortion....

the piece was written by a yorubaman and edited by a yorubaman and u expect a right thinking person to believe this fabricated stories......

This don't work that way.

Is only in yorubaland u go dey here omo ibo,

in east nothing like dat, we u by ur name...whether Olaniyi or olakamkpo....

Lolz, but your own story is believable? Enjoy.

Need to watch the Argies now, you can believe what you want to believe
Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
gurnam:

Lolz, but your own story is believable? Enjoy.

Need to watch the Argies now, you can believe what you want to believe

Stories handed down by our fore-fathers and fathers are more trusted than this lagos-ibadan express write up.

2 Likes

Re: Demonstrating Maturity And Humility, Nnanna Apologises To Yoruba Race ! by gurnam: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mayrock:

Stories handed down by our fore-fathers and fathers are more trusted than this lagos-ibadan express write up.

Your fathers that were throughly beaten and completely down will tell you anything to earn your respect and cover their shame.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Another Presidential Candidate Steps Down Endorse Buhari / How Karma Dealt With Muamar Gaddafi / See Copies Of Oshiomhole’s Letters To The Chief Judge Of Rivers State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.