Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea (840 Views)

He Once Stated That He Was ‘disappointed’ He Had Never Killed Anyone In The Ring / Ronaldo: Barca Invested A Lot Of Money In Last 5 Years, But Haven't Won UCL / I Haven't Cashed Pacquiao Or Mcgregor Checks $600 Million - Floyd Mayweather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea by FoolishBoy419: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Manchester United star David De Gea has hit out at the lack of support he’s received in Spain and says ‘he hasn’t killed anyone’ after a costly mistake gifted a goal to Cristiano Ronaldo in a 3-3 draw against Portugal.

Fernando Hierro’s side opened their 2018
World Cup with an exhiliarating draw against Portugal in Sochi and were leading 3-2 with three minutes left but Ronaldo stepped up to slot an exquisite free-kick into the corner of the net.

It was the Real Madrid forward’s third on the night but his second was gifted to him after De Gea spilled an easy effort into his net.
It was an uncharacteristic error from the Manchester United star but De Gea, who says he thrives on the criticism, says there’s a lack of support from him in his native Spain.

‘I like that there are criticisms,’ De Gea said after the game.

‘Diego Costa has also been criticised and he scored two goals. I haven’t killed anyone, either. I’m happy with the national team.

‘I don’t see much that they support me from Spain.My own criticism is bad enough. I would have liked that they defend me more in a difficult moment in my life, with an issue from outside the game. I am happy with the support from the manager and the lads.

‘This can happen. It’s a mistake. We put on our gloves and go out into the field and we know how difficult it is. I count on the support of the coach and my colleagues to continue. I will stay calm. It was a difficult ball, I’ll keep training and try to do things right. I haven’t killed anyone.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/16/david-de-gea-hits-lack-support-spain-costly-mistake-cristiano-ronaldo-7635833/
Re: I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea by THEBOANERGES(m): 10:41am On Jun 16, 2018
Twas a silly Mistake sha.... But an error must lead to a goal; keeper o; defenders or even d officials...
Re: I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea by FoolishBoy419: 10:53am On Jun 16, 2018
THEBOANERGES:
Twas a silly Mistake sha.... But an error must lead to a goal; keeper o; defenders or even d officials...

Thats it. Spain didnt lost the game at least and the next are easy opponents
Re: I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea by bedspread: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2018
Yeah!! BUT U KARIUS THE TEAM!!
Re: I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea by FoolishBoy419: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
bedspread:
Yeah!! BUT U KARIUS THE TEAM!!

Not a big deal
Re: I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea by LORDofODDS(m): 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
He should apologize for the mistake instead of complaining.

(1) (Reply)

Laliga: Barcelona Coach Reveals How Ronaldo’s Departure Is Affecting Messi / Nigeria Vs Uganda: Livescore From Super Eagles Friendly / Messi Built New Most Expensive Mansion At Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.