Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,325 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

I Won’t Refund Money To EFCC – Ladoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Refund Money To EFCC – Ladoja (369 Views)

I Won’t Refund Cost Of Flyovers To Rivers – Tinubu Tells Wike / Portable: I Won't Refund Money APC Paid Me To Campaign For Them, Won't Vote Them / Why I Cannot Refund Money To EFCC - Ladoja (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Won’t Refund Money To EFCC – Ladoja by Olajide456(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
A former Governor of Oyo State, Rashidi Ladoja, on Friday said he was not worried by the ongoing suit instituted against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission , adding that he would not refund any money to the anti -graft agency because he did not steal while in government .
The EFCC took Ladoja to court over alleged misappropriation of state funds while in office between 2003 and 2007.
When the case was recently reopened , the EFCC investigator , Abubakar Madaki , who testified against the former governor at the Federal High Court in Lagos , said while in office , Ladoja instructed that N 6 . 6 bn worth of shares belonging to the state be sold at discounted rates without the approval of the state executive council .
Madaki alleged that the money went into private pockets . However , Ladoja denied the allegations.
He said , “ It was true that I did not return any money to the purse of the anti - graft agency because I did not steal state ’ s money . Why would I refund money when I did not steal any money? I am not bordered . It is true that EFCC said I didn’ t refund money . This is because I did not steal any money .
“ The man said Ladoja has not refunded any money and he didn’ t say the amount Ladoja has stolen that has to be refunded . He said EFCC has recovered money from other people but it has not recovered any money from Ladoja, so why must I be worried? I have not refunded any money as he said . As far as I am concern , there is no case there. ”
Ladoja, who last year made his way back to the Peoples Democratic Party , also gave hint that he could leave the party again , citing differences between his group in the Oyo State chapter of the party and the National Working Committee over the formation of the state executive .
He said his group had given the NWC a seven - day ultimatum to address some of the issues he had raised.
“ If I voluntarily went to the PDP and there was something I believed that were not doing the right way, there is no need for me to stay there. We don’ t want the situation that a congress that was done correctly will now be set aside . The stakeholders in Oyo State have decided that if the impunity continues after the seven days ultimatum , we may take our leave . ”
Read More
Click For More Info

Re: I Won’t Refund Money To EFCC – Ladoja by OfficialAwol(m): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Don't refund them even a dime until they've arrested grasscutter to refund his.
Re: I Won’t Refund Money To EFCC – Ladoja by Mynd44: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2018

(1)

Woman Prays For Senator Dino Melaye To Overcome His Political Problems(video) / Extend Okada Ban To December 31st - OMPAN Urge Gov Obiano / Little Children Become Job Snatchers Rapists Drug Dealers Murderers In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.