Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Wish List - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Wish List (296 Views)

Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself / What Money-Making Skill Do You Have Or Wish To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wish List by Codeman01(m): 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
It is quite funny yet very interesting how you can sit and stare into space for hours doing nothing but wishing something. Maybe you wish to be Queen Elizabeth's daughter like me... Or you wish someone just walks up to you and gives you thirty billion dollars you didn't work for... Or you just want to end up with a perfect handsome prince... Or you just wish that you live that perfect, spotless, rich life... It is called fairy tale Ma/Sir...

Wake up!!
Snap out of it!!!

If wishing you are successful makes you successful, then everybody on earth would be very very successful.

Everyone deserves to live a good life but life doesn't give you what you deserve, Life gives you who you are!

And before you tell me it is because of your circumstances , Listen! Your circumstances has only the measure of power you give it to limit you!!! Your circumstances has no power over you! You are as limited and as short sighted as you choose to be!!!

Spending your time day dreaming and making a wish list as long as mount everest changes nothing!
Spending your time regreting things you can not even influence in the first place only add to your trouble (you become sorrowful).
Spending your time making all the "if I had.. ", "If this.. ", " If that.. ", "If only...." Statements doesn't make those If, If become your reality.
Spending your time thinking about your limitations only confirms those limitations and makes you truly limited!

One of the greatest mistake you will ever make is to tell yourself or even think that you are not where you are meant to be because of the unpleasant circumstances around you.... Unpleasant background? Lack of financial aid? Ugly face? Body odor? Dark skin? Visa denial? Bad intonation? Bad voice? Height? Body Shape or size, death of father or mother or both

INSTEAD OF getting depressed over the things you don't have, WHY NOT account for the once you have. YOU HAVE SOMETHING!
INSTEAD OF brooding over the things you have no influence over, WHY NOT invest your time, energy and resources into those things you are capable of influencing?
INSTEAD OF counting the number of opportunities you've lost, WHY NOT prepare yourself for the opportunities ahead??
INSTEAD OF spending your day on a wish list , WHY NOT spend your day working hard??
INSTEAD OF focusing on "why it will not work" , WHY NOT focus on "how to make it work"?

We do not allow our circumstances define us. We make that seemingly horrible circumstance work in our favour!!!

Success doesn't jump on you overnight. Success is who you become overtime!!

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN STOP YOU!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Writing Juice Flowing / Apply Now For Start-up Chile Seed Acceleration Program 2018 / Careerfair 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.