Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

One Of The Interviews Granted By The Late Ras Kimono This Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / One Of The Interviews Granted By The Late Ras Kimono This Year (262 Views)

Daddy Showkey Beats Man For Disrespecting Him And Late Ras Kimono’s cousin” / Regina Daniels Mourns Ras Kimono: 'I Never Knew That Death Is Real Until Today' / Ras Kimono Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Interviews Granted By The Late Ras Kimono This Year by doggone: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
@doggone_news

This is the one of the interviews granted by the late Ras Kimono this year. With due accreditation to thesketchonline, Doggone News Associated republishes it.

Why it took me 5 years to return – Ras Kimono

To Rub –a –dub master, Ras kimono, it can never be over musically, until it is indeed. He may not have pushed out any album since the past five years for many reasons. Some of these, he told IFECHI OKOH during a concerted close-up, which touched on other interesting areas concerning him as an act and person too. Happy reading.

YOUR LONG SILENCE SUGGEST THAT IT MAY HAVE BEEN OVER MUSICALLY. IS IT REALLY SO?
Long silence? I have never been silent, not to talk of a long time. I remember that in 2012, I came out with a commercially viable album, titled “Matter of time”, with tracks like screw face, veteran, wicked politicians and others. Today, I thank God that I have just completed and released a two new singles, titled “senseless killings and Blessed Africa”. Both of them are singles on the Pjay Records, owned by Peter Ighodalo who is also the C.E.O of Pjay supermarket, Iju road Lagos. My fans may have been wondering why it took me 5yrs to return. I am a very serious minded and organized Reggae man and as a leader in the businessI can’t afford to be dishing out anything for the sake of music.This explains why I am coming back at this time and with something that means a lot to my fans.

HAVE YOU REALLY BROUGHT IN ANYTHING NEW TO THE TABLE IN YOUR CURRENT PUSH OUT?
Of course yes, the two singles released talked differently about the senseless killing going on in Africa, especially in Nigeria. that is the one I tittled senseless killings were I lamented the death of so many innocent souls, wondering why this should be so on regular basis. In the Blessed Africa single, I wondered seriously why we have all the natural resources to take care of ourselves, yet, we are hungry because of irresponsible leadership.

MAY WE KNOW THE FACTORS WHICH CAME INTO PLAT TO ENSURE THESE NEWNESS?
There may not have been anything so new about my focus on what is happening in my country And saying it as it is. However, my arrangement and rendition style have improved seriously compared to my last released 5yrs ago. If you listened to my current released, you will notice kimono is as fresh as the money dew.

WHY YOUR CHOICE OF PJAY RECORDS AS A CELEBRATED ACT?
Me and the owner of the records label, have known our self over the years. He as been my fan and friend too. He has been with me since I released “under pressure”. It may interest you to know he has implicit confidence in my creative ability and performing zeal. For these reasons, he did not waste time for him about doing business with me which is a confirmation in my potential and commercial viability. I thank God for these believe and I pray we will do business for long successfully. In jesus name. Amen.

APART FROM RELEASES DO YOU SURVIVE ON PERFORMANCES?
Yes, because from timeI have been living on my performances which have been complementing my releases seriously.

Source: thesketchonline.com

1 Like

Re: One Of The Interviews Granted By The Late Ras Kimono This Year by Bluezy13(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
This man don die na...
Make una allow am rest in peace (if any)
Re: One Of The Interviews Granted By The Late Ras Kimono This Year by Bluezy13(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
This man don die na...
Make una allow am rest in peace (if any)

(1) (Reply)

[video] Davido Recommends “electric Shocker” For Iphone Because Of Chioma / Plastic Surgery, Butt Raising, Liposuction Can’t Help You – Actress Shirley Igwe / There Is No Number 1 Artiste In Nigeria - Yemi Alade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.