Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Human Resources: The True Wealth Of Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human Resources: The True Wealth Of Nation (338 Views)

2 Lagos Ports Control 65% Of Nation’s Import Cargo — NPA / Atiku: Let Us Join Hands And Move On With The Task Of Nation Building / A Wealth Of Sorrow: Why Nigeria’s Abundant Oil Reserves Are Really A Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Human Resources: The True Wealth Of Nation by oloyikenny: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
HUMAN RESOURCE THE TRUE WEALTH OF NATION.

Each time I took a walk around my neighbourhood, the sight of potent mind gallivanting and meandering like a hunter without head light make me irk. Each time, I see prepared, educated and skilled youth with vigour, tenacity and wittiness: ready to work but have nothing to do; sudden consternation pass through my mind like a flash and my spirit became drowsy. Each time I see army of youth matching throw and fro in search of job that is apparently not available, my mind jack up with questions.
What make Nigeria treated her greatest resources with absolute disdain? In my solitary watch of this abysmal state of our nation, i see a languishing economic capital that greed and ignoramus instinct has made worthless like a tissue paper.
Each time I enquire into the economy of my nation, I wonder why, we are so shortsighted that we cannot understand that the wealth of nation is never buried beneath the crust of the earth but buried deep down the minds of men.
Over the years, since 1956; Nigeria has been exploring her black gold, she has enjoyed moment of boom and moment of prosperity but in all of these moment, poverty still hold her at the jugular.
The same syndrome that cage Nigeria in economic servitude still cage the rest of Africa in economic woebegone: nonchalant attention to the most viable resources.... Africa possesses 99 percent of the world's chrome resources, 85 percent of its platinum, 70 percent of its tantalite, 68 percent of its cobalt, and 54 percent of its gold, among others. It has significant oil and gas reserves. Nigeria and Libya are two of the leading oil producing countries in the world. But Africa still remain the most backward. Why can't Africa's wealth make Africa wealthy? Material resources cannot make Africa wealthy but mental resources will do, that is why I am disturb whenever I see this resources languishing on the street of Nigeria.
Nigeria is wasting her main resources and scampering after materials resources because those who pilot the wheel of state are beclouded by avaricious instinct that they make lazy economy the foundation of nation building.
I kept delving into the depth of my precious mind to discover and to learn why the oil in Nigeria cannot prosper Nigeria. Just one thought flash through my mind, those who know the how of economic management are relegated to the point of invincible existence. They are on the street chained down by unhelpful culture of mediocrity and dominance of cankerworm bourgeoisie(class Struggle)
The developed countries of the North understand the importance of human resource, little wonder Bill gate called our attention to this.
America, a 15 trillion dollars economy strength understand how important this resource (human resources) is that, they build their economy on man and the development of human capital. Americans can empty their treasury to protect one life... This is deeply seated in their subconscious mind that nothing is as important as human life. No wonder Africa is poor, Africa with a population of 1.2 billion people; can hardly boast of a one trillion dollar economy: that is, despite her gold and crude oil. This continent gives no value to human life, no wonder: in serra Leone thousands were massacre for diamond. The same scenario still plays out in Nigeria; the life of man doesn't even worth a penny... Some even sell or sacrifice human for money.
However, verifiable fact; documented by researchers shows that; countries that are doing awesomely well economically and socially are those who know how to put their human resource to productive use. Countries like America, China, Japan and South Korea: understand how important their human resource are; that they do all they could to protect it. A traveler said, hardly can one see anyone within the age bracket of youth gallivanting and meandering the street of south Korea in an official our. But in Nigeria, able bodies are found on the street moving like rebellious cattle. Many of whom are desperately looking for job but couldn't found any...
"If Nigeria must be better, the nation must give priority to her human resource"...
Emperor Hirohito retorted, the eventual detonation of Atomic bomb was done without prior notification of intent, Japanese could have evacuate Japan if the initial intention was made known, " The economy of Japan is not in Japan but in the Japanese ". This statement was made to further affirm the importance of human resource. We can then equate this to the Nigeria phenomenon, the poverty of Nigeria is in Nigerians ( poor mind)

Finally, a shift in focus from the exploration of crude oil to human capital development is a shift in focus to economic prosperity and societal advancement. The economy will bounce back if our educational system can be an embodiment of knowledge and not free of knowledge. our youth will be employed if our engineers can construct our roads and make our bridges: the true essence of knowledge lies in the condiment of knowledge not in the glorification of paper.
The development of the human capital is the only sure way to economic prosperity.

I rest my pen. I am Oloyi Kehinde Thompson (aka Thomkeno) and I just want to edify minds.

1 Like

Re: Human Resources: The True Wealth Of Nation by theenchanter: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nice one....

(1) (Reply)

Why We Are Not One / Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Meet Buhari Over Plateau Killings / Owerri: How The Residents Are Living In Danger Of Fallen Electric Pole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.