Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Madam Franka ( A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Madam Franka ( A Short Story) (630 Views)

The Things Madam Kofo Did (18+) / My Madam And I (part Two) / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Madam Franka ( A Short Story) by evaZee: 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
Franka is a wonderful orator and a great writer . Much of her skills is seen on her social media pages where she updates loads of motivational write ups to her readers.

She manages a small cloth shop down the road. Today is one of those days when no customer stepped into to the shop to ask for anything, and as usual, Franka kept herself busy throughout the day writing on her notepad from where she lifts out her motivational write ups on her page called "the archive"

It was mid day and she has already posted three different articles. For a while now she has been writing on "Depression" Her readers found this topic very intriguing considering the fact that she handles it so well.

It was few minutes past mid day when a wealthy and sophisticated looking lady entered the shop.
Good afternoon ma' and welcome to Frankas place. Franka greeted with a smile.
The lady rolled her eyes around the shop, ignoring the greeting. Franka being in this business for months now was already use to this kind of customers
"Arrogant and uncouth"
But she has to manage and deal with it, what was that they call it again?
... emm.... emmmmm....
"Occupational Hazard "
Yeah"

Do you have a Flowing Curvaceous long gown in turquoise blue with a touch of caramel gold? The lady asked
Ridiculous " Franka thought, but she pointed and directed her to the section where she displayed long dresses.
Nothing is appealing to me here. The lady hissed.
Well how much is that brown bag over there? She continued
Its fourteen thousand Naira ma' Franka replied.
Holding the bag in her hand now, this isn't even an original leather and I don't use fake but I can get it for my assistant.

At this point Franka was sure that she is nothing but just another "Wannabe" and she knows how to get rid of them.
Can it go for ten thousand? the lady interrupted her thought .
Yes, you can pay. Franka replied immediately knowing fully well that this is the last of her.
Oh... emmm... emmm ...Ohk. the lady stammered . You have point of sales terminal?
Yes I do Franka replied
Oh never mind I will do a transfer.
That's better Franka followed.
She fingered her phone in the most uncomfortable way. .... in fact I will pay cash. Franka offered her a knowing smile.
She moved towards the door, I will get the money from my car she said. Franka came behind her and slide her glass door properly as she left or better put as she ran away.

The beep coming from her phone jolted her back to reality. She went for it, several notifications,most from her readers. Her last episode on Depression was hitting so many nerves. She has done justice to the topic so far, X-raying every aspect of it; from causes to factors, prevention, stages and all. People were grateful, singing praises to her on her page and others made relevant contributions.

She replied her messages and commented on related stuff. Her next episode will be based on life experiences of people who have gone through Depression. How they either won or how Depression did.

By dusk she closed up and left for home. When she entered her room it was just as she left it. The feeling hit her once again, it was becoming more menacing this time around. She felt it so hard.

Who can she talk to?
No one
Everyone looks up to her
She is madam Franka
Mam Franka with all the right words,
With all the answers, with all the encouragement. They all assume she has it all together.

She sat on her bed and thought of how her life became such a joke. Guilt and regret hit her so badly as she reflects . She clutched so dearly on her favourite pillor like her life depended on it. She felt so much pity for herself... her lonely self" as she wet her pillow till sleep snatched her consciousness from her.

She woke up not feeling any better than last night. She went for her phone, there were few missed calls from a particular number and then a message. She opened the message. It was from another Depressed fellow but this one was critical because she was already suicidal . Completely given up on life and willing to take it out of herself.

But after coming across madam Frankas post on Facebook yesterday, she decided to call her before finally ending it. Franka quickly put a call across to the number, she picked on the first ring. They spoke for close to an hour.
No one is sure of how Franka does this, but she is sure a pro at it. She always comes through. By the time she was ending the call, the lady at the other end of the call was a different human with more hope to life than before and will not be attempting suicide anytime soon.

By mid day, Franka decided she will go live and talk to her readers, doing a life video will allow her answer more questions and explain the topic better. She made the announcement in her morning update and readers were full of excitement.

During the live video, she talked about "acute Depression " the people at this level of depression has already accepted it and carry on with their every day life with it while it eats them up in side. The society may not even notice something is off about them because they expertly hide it away from people.
Some try to find an escape by indulging in other activities but most often these "escape" is nothing but a mirage .
This phase of Depression is the worst because a person you felt was living her best life today might end up taking her life tomorrow and leaving many with unanswered questions.

Franka concluded the session with tips/clues to know a depressed friend. The lecture was worthy of their data so the viewers were thankful

The next morning policemen were seen bringing out a body from a room in a building located in a certain neighbourhood. It was reported that the lady has slit her wrist at night and bled to Death.

Madam Franka saved so many life's and may even save more through her motivational works online, but she couldn't save herself......

DEPRESSION IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSON.

#frommyarchive

(1) (Reply)

Pls,i Need To Download These Books / Looking For Innovative Rewriters (fulltime) / Google Celebrates Buchi Emecheta's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.