Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music (27709 Views)

Kcee Announces The Exit Of Skiibii From Five Star Music With Lovely Pictures / E-money And His Security Detail In His Five Star Mansion (Photos) / Kcee Promotes Five Star Tomato (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by made4naijamusic: 5:39am On Jun 17, 2018
When Skiibii Mayana announced that he was leaving Five Star Music last year, music lovers wondered how he would survive alone.

Speaking with Sunday Scoop, the singer said he had become a better musician and person since parting ways with his former bosses, Kcee and his brother, E-Money.

“I am hundred per cent a better person since I left Five Star Music. When I was at Five Star, I didn’t think I could shoot a video on my own. But it is a different story now. Apart from music, I can do a lot of things on my own. Now, I can take care of my family and pay salaries. When I was with Five Star, I didn’t always have money; I was a boy. If I went to a show, we would share the money and my percentage couldn’t take care of my responsibilities.”

Admitting that he was yet to do a lot this year, he said he had plans to release four more songs before the year ends. He said,

“I have not done a lot this year. I have just released one song, Skibobo, but I plan to drop four songs before the year runs out. I have been busy with other things, which have affected my music. But from this month, I will start putting out new materials.”

According to him, anytime he remembers his days in Surulere, Lagos, he is always thankful to God. Skiibii recalled,

“I started from nothing. At the time I was staying in Surulere, we had 32 rooms and one toilet. But I have my own house now. I am a proud of myself and my family is happy for me. Even before I became Skiibii, I was working hard. Kcee saw me and told his manager to look for me. I met with them and we started doing things together.”

source : https://www.made4naija.com/2018/06/i-was-always-broke-when-i-was-with-five-star-music-skiibii/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Kingpee2(m): 5:44am On Jun 17, 2018
You signed a deal with 5star music and you complained of being broke ,where did you see the money you are using now ,you even mentioned paying salaries,oga Skiibii wire wire,we sabi you before now,how many hit songs did you even drop with 5star ?0 ,please don’t even tell us what we already know ...

76 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 17, 2018
made4naijamusic:
When Skiibii Mayana announced that he was leaving Five Star Music last year, music lovers wondered how he would survive alone.

“I am hundred per cent a better person since I left Five Star Music. When I was at Five Star, I didn’t think I could shoot a video on my own. But it is a different story now. Apart from music, I can do a lot of things on my own. Now, I can take care of my family and pay salaries. When I was with Five Star, I didn’t always have money; I was a boy. If I went to a show, we would share the money and my percentage couldn’t take care of my responsibilities.”

“I have not done a lot this year. I have just released one song, Skibobo, but I plan to drop four songs before the year runs out. I have been busy with other things, which have affected my music. But from this month, I will start putting out new materials.”

Thanks for sharing

However being broke isn't necessarily a function of the income earned.

Of course we don't know the full story, but this young man certainly KNOWS more of the industry than the rookie he was years ago.

That personal knowledge of how things work, how to put deals together... is PRICELESS

Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Kelamma(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2018
Na your type I go support make EFCC visit, then you go talk true how you take get money....because this one wey you yarn,e no just gel.

13 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by EbukaHades10(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2018
So broke,he could have died? Oh,wait!!!,he did "die".

1 Like

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Yian1(m): 7:25am On Jun 17, 2018
But they supported you in declaring you dead.
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by cheddahboy(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2018
Naso na
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by nelsonebby(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2018
Kelamma:
Na your type I go support make EFCC visit, then you go talk true how you take get money....because this one wey you yarn,e no just gel.
gel or not wetin be your own. nigerians eh

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Kelamma(m): 8:42am On Jun 17, 2018
nelsonebby:
gel or not wetin be your own. nigerians eh

grin grin grin grin
Bros check am na grin. The thing dey one kind.

1 Like

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Kobicove(m): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2018
Why wont you be always broke?

You were not adding any value to the record label...you refused to 'blow' even after faking your own deathundecided

17 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by nelsonebby(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2018
Kelamma:
Bros check am na grin. The thing dey one kind.
These guys dey make appearance for clubs and they get paid for it. It’s not just music alone

I know about this very well

2 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Munzy14(m): 11:15am On Jun 17, 2018
yahoo boys in disguise
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by freshkik(m): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2018
Ofcoz we knew
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by LazyNairalander(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
Is he made now? abegi check my SIGNATURE
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by firo08(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Some people are naturally ingrate

1 Like

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
grin
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
Guys, I've been laughing since morning. Van Damme don cause trouble for everywhere ooooo grin

But I think Chuck Norris really killed it. We need to have Naija versions ASAP. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdtO5sPc1vI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NE0BKE51g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndHQzZPH0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FIvfx5J10

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
Criminals parading as artiste!
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by nabegibeg: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
made4naijamusic:

Speaking with Sunday Scoop, the singer said he had become a better musician and person since parting ways with his former bosses, Kcee and his brother, E-Money.

Admitting that he was yet to do a lot this year, he said he had plans to release four more songs before the year ends. He said,

According to him, anytime he remembers his days in Surulere, Lagos, he is always thankful to God. Skiibii recalled,

“I started from nothing. At the time I was staying in Surulere, we had 32 rooms and one toilet. But I have my own house now. I am a proud of myself and my family is happy for me. Even before I became Skiibii, I was working hard. Kcee saw me and told his manager to look for me. I met with them and we started doing things together.”

source : https://www.made4naija.com/2018/06/i-was-always-broke-when-i-was-with-five-star-music-skiibii/

grin grin grin
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Konfampp: 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
So broke,he could have died? Oh,wait!!!,he did "die".
Lazarus skiibii

3 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Antoeni(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Who is Skiilbi,yahoo Boy
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Deckline(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
firo08:
Some people are naturally ingrate
Naturally Ungrateful.

2 Likes

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by omoadeleye(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
grin grin
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by firo08(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
Deckline:
Naturally Ungrateful.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Tamarapetty(f): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
But your songs are lame, try something else like playing DEAD

1 Like

Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by bigerboy200: 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Now nko ?
Re: Skiibii: I Was Always Broke When I Was With Five Star Music by Hotfreeze: 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
Skibii is neither creative nor productive but is a liability to the record label.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus Vacations In Atlanta, Georgia (PHOTOS) / WE ARE FIRE: TY Bello Celebrates 44th Birthday With New Album / Falz Releases "27" Album To Celebrate His 27th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.