Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt (8183 Views)

A Coastal Highway Of Misplaced Priority & Abuse Of Due Process - Premium Times / FEC Okays Contract Awards Worth ₦47bn For Aviation, Works Ministries, NCS / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Akwa Ibom State Government has cleared the air on its award of contracts, saying that the processes are in tandem with the international best practices.

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Charles Udoh, made the disclosure against the backdrop of allegations that the state government contract award was shrouded in secrecy and not through competitive bidding.

Udoh said: ‘’our award of contract follows due diligence, due process and international best practices. That is why we have a Special Adviser on Due Process and that tells you how serious this government takes the issue of transparency. We also have a Special Adviser on Direct Foreign Investment and we publish our annual report detailing how much we spend on a given project and that is a pointer to the fact that this government is transparent and accountable.

‘’There is no one way in awarding contracts. The most important thing in awarding contract is that you follow international best practices.’’

On why the state government does not publicize the contract sum, the Commissioner said: ‘’There are no standard costs because construction of roads varies from size to size. The road you construct in Mbo cannot be the same amount with the one you construct in Uyo because of their peculiar terrain.

‘’The annual report is a clear indicator how we spend Akwa Ibom money. There is no hidden agenda. And how many states in Nigeria publicize theirs? So, Akwa Ibom is very transparent and this is why we publish our annual report with audited financial statements for every year.’’

Udoh maintained that the roads constructed by the government were built to international standard and specification even as he allegedly accused the federal government of not building a single road in the state despite the fact that the state produces the highest oil quantum to the nation coffers.

The Commissioner affirmed that the state government takes into consideration the economic value when building roads.

‘’The governor is transforming the state in a sustainable manner beyond political line. And without blowing our own trumpet, Governor Udom Emmanuel is celebrated outside the state and Nigeria. The federal government found him fit to be given an Integrity award and Akwa Ibom was only the state invested to speak at an investment in 2018 in London’’, he said.

He, however appealed to the federal government to step up work on the portion of Itu-Calabar ravaged by gully erosion, otherwise the menace would cut off Akwa Ibom state.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/contracts-awards-pass-due-process-says-ibom-govt/
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2018
That is transparency speaking... If every state can be so transparent corruption will be brought to zero level

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2018
Nice cool

Brb let me put a call to my brother Governor Udom Emmanuel for his transparency in Governance.

God Bless PDP Imo State

God Bless Senator Samuel Anyanwu

God Bless Imo State cool

5 Likes

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
That is transparency speaking... If every state can be so transparent corruption will be brought to zero level

Tony shut up, remove your aporoko eyes from akwa ibom and focus more on your ijaw nation/ making bayelsa a better state village

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Penaldo: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Akwa Ibom is the leading light in the country. I wish Buhari can adopt Udom as his role model instead of Yahaya Bello

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Penaldo: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Nice cool

Brb let me put a call to my brother Governor Udom Emmanuel for his transparency in Governance.

God Bless PDP Imo State

God Bless Senator Samuel Anyanwu

God Bless Imo State cool

Are you the Senator or his PA
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Akwa Ibom state is in a different world, dont get it twisted

2 Likes

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:25am On Jun 17, 2018
Penaldo:
Are you the Senator or his PA

None bro
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:

Tony shut up, remove your aporoko eyes from akwa ibom and focus more on your ijaw nation/ making bayelsa a better state village
Enemy of Akwa Ibom state. Face your useless APC state and your useless governor. I trust TonyeB to ignore you

5 Likes

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Penaldo: 11:27am On Jun 17, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

None bro
why are you impersonating him

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2018
ibibiofirstlady:

Well, I won't argue here though Rivers isn't doing bad either but Udom is class I must admit. He's the only Governor that has really outperformed expectations

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by HappyNigerian: 11:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Akwa Ibom is synonymous with good news since Udom became Governor. This transparency is a good one and will set good precedent. Nigeria must be great again

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by HappyNigerian: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, I won't argue here though Rivers isn't doing bad either but Udom is class I must admit. He's the only Governor that has really outperformed expectations
Wike is Mr Project but Udom is Mr Industrialisation

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Penaldo:

why are you impersonating him

Okay
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2018
HappyNigerian:

I am not contesting that

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
All this is ibeberism......
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by jeeqaa7(m): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Gerrarahia
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
Believe the useless corrupt Nigerian politicians that have turned this country into a shithole at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by sweetTai(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
I’m a Yoruba man but truth be told, it seems like the ibos are doing well better than the Southwestern states lately. The likes of Ajimobi, falase are useless. Their only developmental ideas are sharing bags of rice and oil. If the majority of young ibo boys will just forget dubious acts, I think their region will be very successful and attract investors.

3 Likes

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Ermacc: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
sweetTai:
I’m a Yoruba man but truth be told, it seems like the ibos are doing well better than the Southwestern states lately. The likes of Ajimobi, falase are useless. Their only developmental ideas are sharing bags of rice and oil. If the majority of young ibo boys will just forget dubious acts, I think their region will be very successful and attract investors.
Typical south westerner. If you are not Yoruba, not Hausa, then most definitely you are Ibo. Please I'll encourage you south westerners to travel more and stop addressing everyone from the south-south & south east as igbos. Btw, your summary sentence depicts absolute stupidity of the first class.
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by UfuomaUN(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
sweetTai:

What are u saying?
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by rozayx5(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
lol no govt awards contracts based on merit in nigeria

all na sorting and nepotism

my bro can become a governor tomorrow and i become a billionaire in no time

1 Like

Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by badmrkt(m): 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
ibibiofirstlady:

pretty lady!! Abadie?
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by nabegibeg: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Akwa Ibom State Government has cleared the air on its award of contracts, saying that the processes are in tandem with the international best practices.

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Charles Udoh, made the disclosure against the backdrop of allegations that the state government contract award was shrouded in secrecy and not through competitive bidding.

Udoh said: ‘’our award of contract follows due diligence, due process and international best practices. That is why we have a Special Adviser on Due Process and that tells you how serious this government takes the issue of transparency. We also have a Special Adviser on Direct Foreign Investment and we publish our annual report detailing how much we spend on a given project and that is a pointer to the fact that this government is transparent and accountable.

‘’There is no one way in awarding contracts. The most important thing in awarding contract is that you follow international best practices.’’

On why the state government does not publicize the contract sum, the Commissioner said: ‘’There are no standard costs because construction of roads varies from size to size. The road you construct in Mbo cannot be the same amount with the one you construct in Uyo because of their peculiar terrain.

‘’The annual report is a clear indicator how we spend Akwa Ibom money. There is no hidden agenda. And how many states in Nigeria publicize theirs? So, Akwa Ibom is very transparent and this is why we publish our annual report with audited financial statements for every year.’’

Udoh maintained that the roads constructed by the government were built to international standard and specification even as he allegedly accused the federal government of not building a single road in the state despite the fact that the state produces the highest oil quantum to the nation coffers.

The Commissioner affirmed that the state government takes into consideration the economic value when building roads.

‘’The governor is transforming the state in a sustainable manner beyond political line. And without blowing our own trumpet, Governor Udom Emmanuel is celebrated outside the state and Nigeria. The federal government found him fit to be given an Integrity award and Akwa Ibom was only the state invested to speak at an investment in 2018 in London’’, he said.

He, however appealed to the federal government to step up work on the portion of Itu-Calabar ravaged by gully erosion, otherwise the menace would cut off Akwa Ibom state.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/contracts-awards-pass-due-process-says-ibom-govt/

we don hear
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
rozayx5:
lol no govt awards contracts based on merit in nigeria

all na sorting and nepotism

my bro can become a governor tomorrow and i become a billionaire in no time
That is why Akwa Ibom is different
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Opinionated: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Indeed
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by sweetTai(m): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ermacc:
Typical south westerner. If you are not Yoruba, not Hausa, then most definitely you are Ibo. Please I'll encourage you south westerners to travel more and stop addressing everyone from the south-south & south east as igbos. Btw, your summary sentence depicts absolute stupidity of the first class.

Well, thank you for the education. I honestly did not know that South-South are more than Igbos.
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by obaataaokpaewu: 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
Easier said than done. Kudos to them tho. Dakkadda!!!! (whatever it means) cheesy
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by Yomit71(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
ibibiofirstlady:
dey deceive yourself
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by stampedconcrete: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Easier said than done. Kudos to them tho. Dakkadda!!!! (whatever it means) cheesy

it means stand up
Re: Our Contract Awards Pass Through Due Process- Akwa-Ibom Govt by obi58: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
HappyNigerian:

Which industrialization?

Is it that shell of a syringe factory? Or the so called metering company that till tomorrow no one has even felt their impact in Eket talk less of the whole of Akwa Ibom?

Where are Jobs being created?

Where are the roads being built? Even streetlights in Uyo are no longer working because the contract for powering them has been stopped!

How many jobs has he created for the Akwa Ibom people?

Truth be told Akwa Ibom is still living in the past glory of the Akpabio era. Look at the massive strides Wike is making in Rivers state then you will understand the extent to which Akwa Ibom is now underperforming.

Udom has the potential to step up his game massively. He should do that before he can be celebrated.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Doctored His Radio Interview On N10m Donation – Minister / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Under Pressure Over Juicy Committee / I Never Believed Buhari Is Fake Till I Saw This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.