Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung (839 Views)

Dalung Wants Amuneke For Super Eagles Job! / Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Anthony Joshua Vs Carlos Takam: Amosun, Dalung & Lai Mohammed To Cheer Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by Princeadonis(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
Two years ago, In a news that won’t please football fans in Nigeria, Nigeria’s Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung has described Nigeria’s participation in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers as a ‘waste of money’.

He said there is no need to continue to participate in the World Cup if the nation cannot win the tournament.

The red berret wearing Dalung said this on Friday, November 18 in an interview with Voice of America

According to him, Nigeria should only participate in competitions like the African Nations Cup and the Commonwealth games they are guaranteed of winning.

Dalung said, “The cup that we can win is the African Cup of Nations.

“There is nothing again that will take us to another man’s balcony in the name of the World Cup. We already have the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics. For these, we can attend such meets.

“But I am opposed to the World Cup. We don’t agree to it. Conspiracy in the World Cup is too much.

We are here suffering from hunger and we don’t have money for such things.

“There is the issue of bribery and favouritism, there is also the issue of corruption before you are even given the hosting rights.

“That is why, even if we try many times, once it gets into the politics of the game, we can never win.

“That was why this year, we had to tackle him (FIFA President, Ginani Infantino) and we said, ‘you , Infantino, if you win this election, you have to give us a position.

“If not, we shall not agree.’ And you see, by the grace of God, he even picked an African as his Secretary-General, that means one day, we shall get to really lick the honey, that also means he has started taking honey and rubbing on our lips,” he added.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/www.nigerianmonitor.com/dalung-no-need-to-participate-in-2018-world-cup-qualifier/amp

CC: lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique seun

Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by joeokoriem: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
No wonder we loss big time. We don't have believe for our country. The country tire me. Even the president tire me too
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by Viralkid: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
embarassed what the fuq is this man saying, I don't think there's any use for a minister of sports either.
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by BoboKush(m): 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by Princeadonis(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
joeokoriem:
No wonder we loss big time. We don't have believe for our country. The country tire me. Even the president tire me too
Sad though, but trust me, he's right! Our footballers are too comfortable and I can't see that passion and zeal of delivering in them. Unless we go back to the streets and pick awesome footballers that would die to get an appearance to impress at the World Cup
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by footballflaver: 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
He is right
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by Princeadonis(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
The billions Nigerian government wasted on those wealthy morons is enough to create jobs and make families very happy
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by BUHARImyDOG: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Princeadonis:
Two years ago, In a news that won’t please football fans in Nigeria, Nigeria’s Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung has described Nigeria’s participation in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers as a ‘waste of money’.

He said there is no need to continue to participate in the World Cup if the nation cannot win the tournament.

The red berret wearing Dalung said this on Friday, November 18 in an interview with Voice of America

According to him, Nigeria should only participate in competitions like the African Nations Cup and the Commonwealth games they are guaranteed of winning.

Dalung said, “The cup that we can win is the African Cup of Nations.

“There is nothing again that will take us to another man’s balcony in the name of the World Cup. We already have the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics. For these, we can attend such meets.

“But I am opposed to the World Cup. We don’t agree to it. Conspiracy in the World Cup is too much.

We are here suffering from hunger and we don’t have money for such things.

“There is the issue of bribery and favouritism, there is also the issue of corruption before you are even given the hosting rights.

“That is why, even if we try many times, once it gets into the politics of the game, we can never win.

“That was why this year, we had to tackle him (FIFA President, Ginani Infantino) and we said, ‘you , Infantino, if you win this election, you have to give us a position.

“If not, we shall not agree.’ And you see, by the grace of God, he even picked an African as his Secretary-General, that means one day, we shall get to really lick the honey, that also means he has started taking honey and rubbing on our lips,” he added.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/www.nigerianmonitor.com/dalung-no-need-to-participate-in-2018-world-cup-qualifier/amp

CC: lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique seun

EZI AS A SPORTS MINISTER
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by Princeadonis(m): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
BUHARImyDOG:

EZI AS A SPORTS MINISTER
Hmmm
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by kingxsamz(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
LIKE for RONALDO _ SHARE for MESSI

let's see who the real G.O.A.T is.
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by hisgrace090: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Valid point.
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by bnsheikh(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
"the money spended ar properly spended' Dear Animal, burry ur head in shame.
Re: Super Eagles Going For World Cup Is A Waste Of Money - Sport Minister, Dalung by bennyann: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hei!

So these are the kind of leaders we have. Take a look at his philosophy, I mean what a mindset! No wonder Nigeria is finding it difficult to grow.

Can he deny he isn't part of the group that manipulate the processes to getting players representing us at the world cup instead of going for the real deal?

RRUBBISH!

Let him willingly resign first before we can ponder on his opinion. Like he's never failed in geometric progressions before. undecided

You see how valuable money is to them? But not when the spend it lavishly on themselves.

Nonsense!

The above quote shut my mouth small lipsrsealed

I can't believe corrupt people are scared of corruption carried out by others.

(1) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Not A Happy Bunny.. / Meet The Nigerian Who Plays For Real Madrid. / Neymar Under Mbappe's Shadow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.