Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,392 members, 7,853,748 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? (14206 Views)

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Themandator: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2018
Your quest hold have been when last peeps last used blackberry phones. Me, never used it in my life.... The screen it came out with was just a turn off for me..,very tiny
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Bahddo(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2018
Shortly before I uninstalled it about 2 years ago
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Wallade(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2018
greenhulk:
BBM looked like the ultimate messenger when it was exclusive to just Blackberry phones. I remember then when Android users use to get jealous and Blackberry users bragged about their BBM. But the moment BBM came to Android, people realized it was sh^t. A lot of people downloaded it the first few weeks, but just as people rused to download it, its the same way people rushed to uninstall it. I have uninstalled mine for like 3 yrs now. I hate that icon that is always visible on the notification panel and its a battery hogger.

I beg to differ on your opinion that it was shit. The sane challenge that phased out the blackberry phone is the undoing of BBM as well. The blackberry refused to advance for a long time, they stayed static watching competition improve and take over the market. Whatsapp was a toy compared with BBM sometime ago but Whatsapp has been dynamic and improving. Hence, Whatsapp ti take over!
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by seyijoseph(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2018
I still use it, way important for my kind of business where you need to manage who gets to see anything about you, you can even log out unlike most chatting apps that both lovers and haters slide into your content without your knowledge or consent.

Way effective now, so sure it will come back big. They just launched the desktop/laptop version, and you can also customize your pin to whatever you like, mine is converted to a name (hesjay) and carries same name on any device I use it on with my details.

Considering it cos I foresee a time when our politicians will come up with some laws partially banning use of some social media cos of their personal greed to win election. It's already happening in some countries.
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by amodu(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2018
Lirqur:
I still prefer it regardless. This Whatsapp where anybody can just hit you up is sickening. I just wish i could hit up my selected real peeps to chat them up. Instead of the whole world having access to me.

Then stop giving out your digit
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Monaco2(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2018
Lirqur:
I still prefer it regardless. This Whatsapp where anybody can just hit you up is sickening. I just wish i could hit up my selected real peeps to chat them up. Instead of the whole world having access to me.

Then try getting another number for just d people u wanna chat with. I have my normal contact were everyone can reach me... N a second contact for just a few folks, thats d one I use on my watsapp
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by raph101(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
doesn't work again, now dusty!
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by tpnatuzzi: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mine works perfectly.. Females only mbok

Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Ikem11(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Crieff:

Big Brother Malaysia
Hahahaha haha guy u funny
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by sprints1: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
sold one my phone because of this useless BlackBerry messenger after using it realized it was trash...nonsense phone and app
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by bejeria101(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Crieff:

Big Brother Malaysia
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Maryyoung(f): 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
the last time I touched my black berry 2yes ago I guess
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Maryyoung(f): 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
the last time I touched my black berry 2yrs ago I guess
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by Palmerbarry: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
Diso60090:

That's mean you don't have girl friend oya hind your face
Hahaha you're almost right. grin but BBM is actually one of the best chatting app then. I love all the emojis, it was better than WhatsApp. I only had problem getting BBM users pin, except through group chat.
Re: When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? by DSDLIVEREPORT: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
An hr ago . Still.the safest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Create And Convert Videos To Whatsapp Gifs On Your Smartphone / INFINIX NOTE 4 PRO: Finger Print Lock,the Best Security / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.