Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office (11557 Views)

Only Nigerians Who Want Tinubu As President Will Vote For Obi Or LP - Dr. Oche / Godwin Obaseki: 8 Key Projects That Define His Term In Office / Oche Joseph Otorkpa Ordained By Pastor E.A Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by kahal29: 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
The Methodist Archbishop of Abuja, Most Rev. Oche Job, says he admires President Muhammadu Buhari because he is a man that fears no one.

The archbishop’s remark was sequel to the recent signing of four bills into laws by Buhari.

The President had on June 8, assented to the Constitution Fourth Alteration Bill, which grants financial autonomy to the State Houses of Assembly and the states’ Judiciary nationwide.

The law is to ensure that the budgetary allocations of the states’ Houses of Assembly and the judiciary will no longer go through the budgeting process of the executive arm at the state level, but will be transferred directly to the their accounts.

Buhari also signed into law the Bill No. 16 which stipulates that where a Vice-President succeeds a President or a Deputy Governor succeeds a Governor, he or she can no more contest for that office more than once.

Other bills signed into laws were the Constitution Amendment No. 21, which relates to determination of pre-election matters and the Bill No. 9 which gives the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) sufficient time to conduct bye-elections.

The clergyman, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Sunday, said if Buhari “is a man who fears what people will say, by now, he would have become very nervous.

For sure, I commend him. You see, Buhari fears no one and that’s why I like him. He makes up his mind and says and does what he thinks is the best for the nation.

People may not praise him now but by the time he lives the seat, and somebody comes in and they begin to do comparison, they will say if it were in the time of Buhari, oh my God, this thing would have been this.”

He said the financial autonomy for the states’ legislators and judicial officers would ensure accountability at the state level.

“First, the autonomy in terms of finances, I think it is for accountability. So that one is perfect.

It is the best way because if somebody is controlling what you have or you live in fear when the money comes to you, you cannot give proper account of what has been bestowed to you,” he said.

The archbishop said with the signing of the Bill No. 16 into law, the president had justified Nigerians’ action on the 2015 presidential election.

“Let’s take former President Goodluck Jonathan as example. He took part of Yar’Adua’s tenure and by the time it came to him properly, he was elected properly.

When he sought for re-election, people were already tired of him because the period he took from Yar’Adua plus the period he spent on his own which he was elected, people had already known everything about Goodluck Jonathan and they were tired of him.

“Money could not change the minds of the people. And so when I heard about the signing of the bill, I said it is only now that they want to resolve what Nigerians have been covering.

This nation cannot be taken for a ride. By the time you completed the two years which the other man could not complete and you have done your four years which you won, they have known that if you were to fix Nigeria, you would have fixed Nigeria within that six years.

And if things were falling apart, they have correct judgment in their heads to see that you must get out of that place,’’ he said.

He urged that every leader in a position of power should hit the ground running as soon as he or she was elected into office.

“Begin to count your days. I would say that any time you have the opportunity to hold an office, put in your best. Don’t be counting years before you will really show the nation who you are.

“Show something different and that will make them to re-elect you. Deliver dividend of democracy and then you can return to your village,” he said.

The clergyman also said that a good leader must have self-confidence.

“If you must rule and have the blessings of the majority, you need to have what is called self-confidence,” he said.

He noted that though there are cabals in Aso Rock at present, they were not as pronounced as in the period of former President Jonathan.

“There are cabals in Aso Villa till now but they are no longer well-pronounced like before. At the time of Goodluck Jonathan, every time and then, you hear of cabals.

But I think because Buhari makes up his mind and he knows where he is going, he doesn’t listen to people. That’s why the issue of cabal is no longer pronounced like in the past,” he said.
(NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/people-will-praise-buhari-after-his-term-in-office-archbishop-256808.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by NORSIYK(m): 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
And to think that this so called bishop is from benue state makes one to think whether benue people are cured, his state indigenes are being massacred everyday by boo.hari foot soldiers and he is in his comfort zone in Abuja praising the mass murderer, by the time boo.hari is through with his people in benue he will be singing another song.

Meanwhile FTC Dedicated to benue victims of boo.hari foot soldiers

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by weyreypey: 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Really?
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Fact base Analysis: Buhari will likely win 2019 election but with small margin

Possible worst case for Buhari in 2019:

Buhari/Osibanjo APC contesting against PDP Northerner like Atiku/kwankwanso /Dakwambo /Markafi/Lamido with South east VP like Peter Obi

A. South East: In 2015, APC got only 7% from South east. If PDP present a south east vice presidential candidates in 2019, I expect APC performance to drop to 5% while PDP will gets 94% of south east votes. In this prediction, I assume turnout in South East will increase by 20%. 2.7Million people voted in south east in 2015. With this configuration I expect 3.3Million voters in south east in 2019. I assume total failure of APC rigging machinery in south east despite the fact that APC have 5 ministers and other top political appointees who will want to rig to protect their job in south east. I ignored the impact of Buhari sympathetic governors like Okorocha, Umahi and Obiano. I assume the clamour for Igbo presidency in 2023 has no impact. I also ignore the impact of sit at home policy of IPOB which is promoting voter apathy. This is actually the worst case for Buhari in 2019 election with respect to south east. I expect the actual results to be better for Buhari. But for the sake of this prediction let assume the worst for Buhari.

B. South South: In 2015, APC got only 8% from South South. With PDP presenting a northern presidential candidate unlike in 2015 when the PDP candidate GEJ was the son of the soil from south south, I expect APC performance to improve from 8% achieved in 2015 to a minimum of 20% in 2019. I expect APC to get more votes from South South due to rigging machinery of Amechi in rivers, Oshiomole in Edo, Omo Agege and Ayiri in Delta, Timpreye Sylva in Bayelsa, Current NDDC chairman in Akwa Ibom and other "Agbero/thug like" South South APC politicians because they have security to rig. In cross rivers, the Governor Prof Ayade is pro Buhari. Senate re-run in rivers state where APC won two out of the three senate seats in rivers state is a prove of the powerful rigging machinery of Amechi . I expect the turn out to drop in South South by a minimum of 15%. Drop in turnout because the 2015 figures were inflated in Rivers state, Akwa Ibom states and Delta states. With INEC and police now in the hands of APC, the governors of those states can’t inflate the results for PDP easily. Should there be inflated figures, it will be in favour of Buhari. Also drop in turn out is because South South has less direct interest in the election. 5.2Million voted in south south in 2015. With this configuration I expect 4.1Million voters in south south in 2019. Base on the explanations above, 20% estimate for Buhari is the worst case. But for the sake of this prediction, let assume the worst for Buhari. It is important we know that in South South vote hardly counts. Rigging control South South election. If I factor in impact of rigging in South South presidential election historically, I will say Buhari will get 40% of South south votes. But in my forecast, I ignored the impact of massive rigging. So I gave Buhari just 20% of south south vote.

C. South West: In 2015, APC got 56% from South west. With PDP presenting a south east vice presidential candidates, I expect APC performance to increase to 60% because the VP in APC Osibanjo is from South west. Also, southern presidency in 2023 will be loud in south west because it will be almost clear and sure if buhari win 2nd term in this configuration, south west will most likely take over in 2023. The impact of honouring Abiola and making June12 democracy day will be strong if PDP chose a south east Vice president. I would have given APC more vote, but I assume South west won’t be as tribal or bitter like South east to give a block vote to a single party. I was also cautious in giving APC more votes because of some south westerners who will vote against Buhari because of current hardship in the country and Buhari poor leadership on herdsmen killings. I expect Obj to support the PDP candidate even if it is Atiku despite Obj clamour for third force. I also expect party like SDP, Sowore and other third forces to get some votes in South West. Hence I increase votes of other parties from 2% in 2015 to 5% in 2019 in south west.

D. North Central: In 2015, APC got 59% from North central. I expect APC to drop to 47% (12% drop) in 2019 thus losing north central. The main reason for the drop is Fulani herdsmen issue. But the loss won’t be very drastic because the PDP candidate is also likely to come from Hausa- Fulani ethnic group like Buhari. And also Buhari also have strong Muslims fans in North Central especially in Niger and Nasarawa. In kogi, Buhari is likely to do well because the governor Yaya Bello is a Buhari fanatic. Yaya Bello will rig Kogi because he has no election in Feb 2019. Kogi election will be in November 2019 after the winner of 2019 election is already sworn in as President. Yaya Bello will want to ensure Buhari remain in power to guarantee his 2nd term in office. So Buhari may drastically lose Benue, moderately lose Plataue, draw in Nasarawa but win Niger, Kwara and Kogi. I expect turnout in North central to be the same as 2015

E. North East: In 2015, APC got 78% from North east despite losing Taraba state to Jonathan. Though Taraba is considered middle belt, it is part of North East geopolitical zone. Many people thinks Taraba is part of North Central. I expect APC to drop to 59% (17% drop) in 2019 because the PDP candidates will also be a Northerner like Buhari. I expect the turnout in North east to increase by 10% especially in Borno and Yobe states because of reduction in Boko haram activities.

F. North West: In 2015, APC got 84% from North West. I expect APC to drop to 70% (14% drop) in 2019 because the PDP candidates will also be a Northerner like Buhari. I expect the turnout in North west to increase by 10% because of much more inflated result from katsina, kaduna and kano in favour of Buhari because the governors in those states are strongly pro Buhari and they will have INEC and police to their side.

Overall Nationwide Results: Buhari will win with a very small margin of 0.5% or less than 200,000 votes despite losing South east, South South and North central. However with the slim margin of win, it is also possible for Buhari to lose under this configuration.

You can find the detail of forecasted 2019 results for this worst case scenario for Buhari in the first two table below. Those written in red are regions Buhari is expected to lose. Table 3 and Table 4 are 2015 election results for comparison.

Other Configurations: Should PDP chose a South West VP like Fayose, turnout in South East will drop drastically. Clamour for Igbo 2023 presidency will be louder. Though South west may become 50 50 between APC and PDP, Buhari performance will increase in South East and South South. The rigging machinery for APC will become very effective in South East and South South because the voters apathy will be very high. The result in the North will remain the same. Overall Buhari will win the election with a much higher margin if PDP chose a South west VP. The best for PDP is for PDP to chose a South East VP. If PDP chose a South South VP, APC will do better compared to a scenario with South East VP because it may still lead to voter apathy in south east without any corresponding increase in voters participation in South South.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Cyynthialove(f): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Who made this one a bishop ?
The so called bishop did not even say anything about the killing of innocent poor Christians in northern Nigeria, rather he's busy @sslicking the president with his stupiid analysis as if those lies he's vomiting there are more important than the killing of his christian brothers in northern Nigeria by Buhari.
Oh I forgot, none of his family member was affected, hence the @ss licking of the President to get his own national cake.

No be everybody wey dey wear cap na Bishop.
Even in Matthew 7:15, made it clear about fake prophets. ...it say "Beware of false prophets, which comes to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"

Fake prophets everywhere, like Osibanjo like this bishop ..
Bishop ko
monsignor ni.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by sarrki(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
A patriotic bishop

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by weyreypey: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
sarrki:
A patriotic bishop
Go to igboora

7 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by ikaboy: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
Simple truth

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by agabusta: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Who made this one a bishop ?
The so called bishop did not even say anything about the killing of innocent poor Christians in northern Nigeria, rather he's busy @sslicking the president with his stupiid analysis as if those lies he's vomiting there are more important than the killing his christians brothers in northern Nigeria by Buhari.
Oh I forgot, none of his family member was affected, hence the @ss licking of the President to get his own national cake.

No be everybody wey dey wear cap na Bishop.
Even in Matthew 7:15, made it clear about fake prophets. ...it say "Beware of false prophets, which comes to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"

Fake prophets everywhere, like Osibanjo like this bishop ..
Bishop ko
monsignor ni.

Most of the stories of killings in the North are twisted for political reasons.

It is no longer news that a lot of light arms have been illegally transmitted to the North from the crisis in Libya.

Lots of killings are equally happening in Zamfara state and other predominant Hausa/Fulani states in the North.

Whenever such killings happen, the media will tag it killing by bandits.

But when similar killings happen in Taraba, Benue or Southern Kaduna, they will tag it killing by Fulani herdsmen or killing of Christians.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Cyynthialove(f): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
agabusta:

Most of the stories of killings in the North are twisted for political reasons.

It is no longer news that a lot of light arms have been illegally transmitted to the North from the crisis in Libya.

Lots of killings are equally happening in Zamfara state and other predominant Hausa/Fulani states in the North.

Whenever such killings happen, the media will tag it killing by bandits.

But when similar killings happen in Taraba, Benue or Southern Kaduna, they will tag it killing by Fulani herdsmen or killing of Christians.
So what are you saying, that Buhari is not hiding under herdsmen to reduce the population of Nigerian Christian as he promised during his sharia campaign period ?

18 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by kahal29: 6:37am On Jun 18, 2018
weyreypey:
Really?

Yes
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 18, 2018
If the next president brings down the price of fuel... no soul would ever remember Buhari..

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by DrGoodman: 7:32am On Jun 18, 2018
Depending on how many people are alive by the time he leaves office.

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by SarkinYarki: 8:04am On Jun 18, 2018
The strange thing is that this shallow bishop is from Benue state where his people and fellow priest are being mowed down ...nobody will ever miss Buhari once he leaves I promise

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Paperwhite(m): 8:31am On Jun 18, 2018
Meaning you're happy with the state in which Nigeria is today Bishop?

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Omeokachie: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2018
Of cause the BMC whose 30k monthly allowance will cease would look back and praise him.

However millions that have lost their jobs, hundreds of thousands whose loved ones have been killed, businesses that have been destroyed, Dapchi community has been turned upside down while Boko haram received heroic welcome, will all dance in the streets just the way we did when Abacha (Buhari's hero) died.

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Bolustical: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2018
Dear Reverend,

Contrary to your opinion, the enemies of Nigeria will nor praise him, not at all.

In fact, those who want to leave Nigeria and still want to become President will never see anything good in him.

Those whose license to oil blocs you refused to renew will never still be bitter.

Even if you complete the Second Niger Bridge (with GEJ hoodwinked them), make their roads motorable through Sukuk bonds, they will still wail.

However, those who know you have good intentions still outnumber them and will surely return you to Aso Rock next year

Baba, so far Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Oyo-Ogbomosho Road, Lagos-Ibadan Railway ad other projects will be completed, they can continue to cry.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Bolustical: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2018
ok
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by wonuks(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2018
cheesy
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 10:39am On Jun 18, 2018
This nigga must be high on kwale weed angry

1 Like

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2018
I smell lies
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by BAILMONEY: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2018
angry
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by tunjijones(m): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2018
Mumu pastor.. Praise buhari for what exactly

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by Miles300: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2018
Yes they will praise him for leaving office after ruining the nation it will be a thing of joy to see him leave ! Pathetic , I wonder wat this people drink before they say all this things
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by emeijeh(m): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2018
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by mikhe2(m): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2018
Senseless bishop is all i see.
Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by BAILMONEY: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2018
Bolustical:
yess
SUFFERSTICATED MUSLIM

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Oche Job: Buhari Will Be Praised After his Term in Office by zombieHUNTER: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2018
May Fulani herdsmen fall on this guy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speakership: I’ll Never Step Down For Gbajabiamila, Says House Member / Lagos Yam Traders Drum Support For Tinubu, Sanwo-olu (photos) / Betta Edu: Nobody Too Big To Be Investigated Under Tinubu – EFCC Chairman Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.