Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup (90800 Views)

Gabriel Jesus Slow Penalty Miss: Fans React (Photos) / Man City Hands Gabriel Jesus Jersey Number 9 / Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Ederson Play Table Football In Brazil Locker Room(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
This is what I call Elevation..
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by kelskay: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
bearing angel Gabriel and Jesus name.
baba o

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
how many of the Palmeiras junior players are now STARTING for the Brazil national team withing the same period of time

ARRANT NONSENSE AGAIN!!!!
let me help you understand since you seem not to: Gabriel Jesus was already a talented footballer when that photo was taken.... while they are trying to pretend that he was a street painter 4 yrs ago. get real!

as usual, BS bloggers writing nonsense to get traffic to their blogs.... even the big newspaper (dailymail,Telegraph etc) never omitted to write that...The Manchester City star was playing for Palmeiras in Sao Paulo’s under-17 championship, scoring 37 goals in 22 games, when the photos was taken.

3 Likes

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by israelmao(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
Simple love for the round leather game and act of patriotism.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by footballflaver: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Amazing
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by franchasng: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
This can only happen in Brazil not in Nigeria where people die with their dreams everyday.

Nigeria as a country is a dream killer. Nigeria has murdered the dream of many great people.

Courtesy of our useless, wicked, past and present politicians, it shall never be well with all the past and present presidents, governors, ministers, senators, LGA Chairpersons that looted Nigeria and brought in corruption and public fund looting into Nigerian leadership.... Nature will pay u all and all your children, friends, supporters, family members who support your evil deeds against Nigerians.

You people will be rich and still hungry and unhappy forever till u repent and apologise to Nigerians and make restitution angry angry angry

A Nigerian child can never dream of becoming a president, a governor, senator, international footballer, a pilot, or something great if he or she is not born into a rich family, too bad angry angry

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by uzoronwusa: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Good for him.

Here in Africa, you dare not name your child Jesus, my itk people will see it as blasphemy. They now know 'more and better' about the religion that was forced on them by European slavers, looters and oppressors... cry
LIAR! the Bible does not support slavery.

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by xreal: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
So somebody can grow bearbear and gemu in 4 years.

I need to paint a street in ...... definitely not Nigeria.

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by AndLeo(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
He was already playing professional football then. He did not just jump from grass to grace. He was playing in his country even at the age of 16.

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Boyooosa(m): 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
kpaofame:

From a remote hamlet to a penthouse, from obscurity to limelight

I know my time will come

All the days of my appointed time I will wait until my transformation comes. ...

Which of the kids here are you?
Cos am sensing that a particular one's time (there) might stay as long as Jesus Coming...
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Fela4ese: 4:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
Samsimple:
U Lucky dem born in for brazil.. If na Nigeria dem born u, you would have been a professional painter by now.. grin grin
hahahahahaha
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Idango(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Stop lying.
In 2014 he was already in the youth team of a top club in brazil palmeria. And he played fir the brazilian u20 in 2015.

It is not as if he was no where 4 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by xreal: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
AndLeo:
He was already playing professional football then. He did not just jump from grass to grace. He was playing in his country even at the age of 16.

We all know that, let's just celebrate him.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by 2016v2017: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
No one knows tomorrow. Pictures of this football star have been trending over social media platforms and the reason is very obvious. Four years ago, Manchester City striker, Gabriel Jesus was painting the streets in preparation for the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Yesterday, Gabriel Jesus started in Brazil's first match against Switzerland at the ongoing world cup tournament. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.

The viral pictures from 2014 show a 17-year-old Gabriel Jesus, brush in hand, helping to paint the street where he lived as World Cup fever swept Brazil. Four years on, 21-year-old Jesus is no longer the painter but the painted.

It has been a meteoric rise for a player whose £27 million move to Manchester City from Palmeiras in January last year introduced an European audience to a talent on which Brazil are pinning so many hopes. He helped Manchester City demolish a series of records en route to lifting the Premier League title and now he's in Russia trying to help his country.

Now, several adjoining houses in Jardim Peri, the Sao Paulo neighbourhood where he grew up, have been painted with an image of Jesus performing his now familiar goal celebration, where he pretends to phone his mother, Dona Vera, his biggest fan and harshest critic.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/throwback-photos-of-gabriel-jesus-painting-the-streets-for-world-cup-in-brazil.html
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by 2016v2017: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Olalan:
Talk about moving from grass to Grace.
BTW never look down or treat anyone badly cause of their present situation, status or class cause you never can tell what tomorrow holds for everyone
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
uzoronwusa:

It seems you need a brain surgery.
Please check the chapters verses.
Lazy yuth

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
If you had any idea on the Islamic slave trade, you would appreciate America a bit more.

http://originalpeople.org/the-arab-muslim-slave-trade-of-africans-the-untold-story/

Hypocrisy

Compare that to the European slavers who had sword in one hand and the Bible in the other

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by udo2018: 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
In Nigeria he will probably still be playing Amateur football.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
Islam also had the koran and the sword,
We even have our very own Usman Dan Fodio who spread Islam with slavery and religion
The Islamists castrated ALL their slaves and kept the women in harems,
They are both evil and when you address one you shouldn't forget the other
THAT is hypocrisy

IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Hypocrisy

Compare that to the European slavers who had sword in one hand and the Bible in the other
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by mavinc4u(f): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

It seems you need a brain surgery.
Please check the chapters verses.
Lazy yuth

please face what you believe and worship and stop constituting nuisance here. Jesus spoke in parables, he said his words are for the wise not for nincompoop like you. He called himself a Shepherd and his followers a sheep, does it mean Christians are sheep? Please focus on what you know best and leave the rest for others. In Nigeria someone can say i am coming when he is going out, as a Nigeria you understand what the person meant but others do not understand. go and collect your clothes where you took your bath abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
his name is Jesus? Mmm....I ve always told the gullibles that Jesus never existed, Now Jesus has become a footballer, wonder shall never end shocked
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Daboomb: 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
Reference:
Unbelievable... just four years...

But the Brazilian scouting system is just first class, the way they manufacture these talents is just amazing.
Here in Nigeria, with over 150 million people they cannot manage to find a half decent striker to pair a washed out Ighalo. All we do is look for is finished products of mixed perantage whose only claim to performance is the better environment theygrew up in.

Tell me in four years what will Gabriel Jesus have learnt in Brazil to make him start as top 9 for the 'Selecao'. The boy is just raw talent, period. We on the other hand want 'foreign based professionals' even if he plays in Azerbaijan and cannot control a five metre pass and when we cannot we will recycle old cargoes till tjey can barely walk.

We have serious mental problems in Nigeria.

Jeeesu!!!................

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by vivvyo(m): 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
no wonder mother's day is unique, whenever we celebrate our mothers social media gets flooded with good memories, inspiring stories, good wishes,wonderful prayers etc

now its father's day and all I've been reading since yesterday is one bad story to another

na wa for us oo
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by themanderon: 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Olalan:
Talk about moving from grass to Grace.
BTW never look down or treat anyone badly cause of their present situation, status or class cause you never can tell what tomorrow holds for everyone

You are a million and one percent correct. If everyone treated everyone fairly no matter the status then the world will not be in such a mess today.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by brown116: 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
No one knows tomorrow. Pictures of this football star have been trending over social media platforms and the reason is very obvious. Four years ago, Manchester City striker, Gabriel Jesus was painting the streets in preparation for the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Yesterday, Gabriel Jesus started in Brazil's first match against Switzerland at the ongoing world cup tournament. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.

The viral pictures from 2014 show a 17-year-old Gabriel Jesus, brush in hand, helping to paint the street where he lived as World Cup fever swept Brazil. Four years on, 21-year-old Jesus is no longer the painter but the painted.

It has been a meteoric rise for a player whose £27 million move to Manchester City from Palmeiras in January last year introduced an European audience to a talent on which Brazil are pinning so many hopes. He helped Manchester City demolish a series of records en route to lifting the Premier League title and now he's in Russia trying to help his country.

Now, several adjoining houses in Jardim Peri, the Sao Paulo neighbourhood where he grew up, have been painted with an image of Jesus performing his now familiar goal celebration, where he pretends to phone his mother, Dona Vera, his biggest fan and harshest critic.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/throwback-photos-of-gabriel-jesus-painting-the-streets-for-world-cup-in-brazil.html
that boy painting can never grow that old in 4yrs.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by stevenakp(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Good for him.

Here in Africa, you dare not name your child Jesus, my itk people will see it as blasphemy. They now know 'more and better' about the religion that was forced on them by European slavers, looters and oppressors... cry

if you read the Bible becuase you want to criticize it you'll definitely find reasons to, but if you read it because you want to understand it then the eyes of your understanding will be elighten.
I'm referring to the picture you posted.

and please check the meaning of the name Jesus in Spanish and Brazil then come back and continue fooling yourself.

Just incase you're a lazy youth.
if someone is named Jesus in those languages other than Hebrew it means that person was named after Jesus.

Hebrew - Saviour of the word
others - Named after Jesus

She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Yesous
[Greek; Yeshua in Hebrew], for it is he who will save
his people from their sins.

After the "Aaronic Blessing" is pronounced over the people of Israel (Numbers 6:24-26), God tells Aaron and his sons: "So they shall put [sim] my Name on the children of Israel" (v. 27). This act becomes a key identity marker in the future.

The Bible did not stop anybody from answering God's name neither did God. we reverence His Name here and we decided not to.

When we mention the name Jesus we are referring to an authority that is above the heaven and the earth, all religion, prophets, demons, creature bows at the mentioning of the name.

The only name that works wonder, the only name that comes with power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by anochuko01(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
Reference:
Unbelievable... just four years...

But the Brazilian scouting system is just first class, the way they manufacture these talents is just amazing.
Here in Nigeria, with over 150 million people they cannot manage to find a half decent striker to pair a washed out Ighalo. All we do is look for is finished products of mixed perantage whose only claim to performance is the better environment theygrew up in.

Tell me in four years what will Gabriel Jesus have learnt in Brazil to make him start as top 9 for the 'Selecao'. The boy is just raw talent, period. We on the other hand want 'foreign based professionals' even if he plays in Azerbaijan and cannot control a five metre pass and when we cannot we will recycle old cargoes till tjey can barely walk.

We have serious mental problems in Nigeria.
bros you dey vex gan o
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by hotspec(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
iheanacho also has similar story. I watched his interview where he said he was chased out of viewing centres, and even discouraged by his father. today, as he said, those that chased me away are now closing for me, and my father is my number one fan.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by jaywhoco(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
Midgut:

Who told you that being a professional painter is bad? Is Gabriel Jesus 1% as influential as Leonardo da Vinci?
Bro, Da Vinci wasn't painting houses and streets.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
uzoronwusa:

pls do educate yourself on your holy book , as it certainly sees nothing wrong with slavery...and thats why it has been used for generation over generation to enslave people.

but then again, i doubt the following verses look down on slavery, do they?...
- Colossians 4:1
- 1 Timothy 6:1-2
- Ephesians 6:5-8

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Starcent(m): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
OLuWa Answer My Call

. , , , , , , Hardwork Pays

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reactions As Mo Salah Celebrates Christmas With His Family (Photo) / Ladies, Is Tyrone Mings The Sexiest Footballer At The Euros? / PES 2019 Game Cheat Codes For Ps2, Ps3 Ps4, Including Android & PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.