Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

World Cup: Hope For Nigeria As Croatia Drops Their Striker. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Hope For Nigeria As Croatia Drops Their Striker. (386 Views)

Belgium Out Of World Cup As Croatia Advances With 0-0 Draw / Football >> Dinamo Resume Training As Croatia Eases Lockdown / Perisic, Mandzukic Shoot Down Three Lions As Croatia Reach First Ever World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Cup: Hope For Nigeria As Croatia Drops Their Striker. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Croatia striker Nikola Kalinic has been sent home from the World Cup because of an injury, coach Zlatko Dalic said on Monday. Dalic said in a statement that he had asked Kalinic to come on as an 85th-minute substitute in the 2-0 win over Nigeria on Saturday, but the AC Milan forward declined after warming up, citing a back injury. Croatian media reported that Kalinic had been axed for his refusal to play, suggesting he was not happy to be left of out of the starting XI. Dalic also revealed that Kalinic also declined to enter a warm-up friendly against Brazil in England earlier this month, and Dalic said he also declined to train on Sunday. "The same thing happened during the Brazil friendly in England, as well as before the practice session on Sunday," Dalic said. "I have calmly accepted that, and since I need my players fit and ready to play, I have made this decision." Kalinic cannot be replaced on the squad, so Croatia will continue in the tournament with 22 players. Croatia face Argentina on Thursday and finish their Group D campaign against Iceland next week.
Re: World Cup: Hope For Nigeria As Croatia Drops Their Striker. by naijafella(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
A hotter striker is on the bench.

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Ever Host The World Cup ?? / Breaking News: Buffon Joins Psg / Debt Repayment: AC Milan Taken Over By Elliot Advisers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.