Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims (763 Views)

Coach Victor: Why you shouldn’t rely on your job or one source of income / Consider Hiring Reliable Services For Pest Control Spiders / Hire Environment-friendly Pest Control Spiders Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by IykeBazz(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
If you find an enormous spider in your house, it can be difficult to damp down the panic response which tells you, ‘Kill it! Kill it!’

But it’s actually a bad idea, at least according to one expert

Spiders will hide away if they think you can see them – so you won’t be ‘getting rid’ of the spiders in your house, as there are probably more.

Spider expert Matt Bertone of North Carolina State University says that the creatures can also perform a vital function by getting rid of insects.

Bertone said in an essay for The Conversation, ‘It’s OK to have spiders in your home. In fact, it’s normal. And frankly, even if you don’t see them, they’ll still be there.

Bertone says, ‘Although they are generalist predators, apt to eat anything they can catch, spiders regularly capture nuisance pests and even disease-carrying insects – for example, mosquitoes. So killing a spider doesn’t just cost the arachnid its life, it may take an important predator out of your home.’

Bertone suggests that if you’re bothered, you should take the spider outside, where it will happily scuttle off to find a new home.
Source: http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2018/06/you-shouldnt-kill-spiders-when-you-find.html

Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by DSS1335: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
angry

Lai lai.
Some species could be poisonous hence, leaving the little ones at risk of been bitten
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Luizkid(m): 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
'Spider Expert'?? this pple get work sha.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
I don't know about this one....
Spiders are so incredibly poisonous.
My instinct says, "Kill it!" "Get that thing!"
I'd rather have the mosquito bite me...(in this case) than have a spider bite me.
Re: You Shouldn’t Kill Spiders When You Find Them In Your Home, Expert Claims by dadeniran29(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2018
so spiders are normal... but due to my tribe it's not advisable to keep them at home

(1) (Reply)

Crystalpur Manual Water Filter To Prevent Typhoid And Diseases / Sars Brutality In Iwo / Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019 For Niger Delta Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.