Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara (22325 Views)

Scores Of Bandits Arrested In An Hotel In Masaka, Nasarawa (Video) / CCTV Footage Of Bandits Trying To Break Into A House In Funtua LGA Of Katsina / Legit Chidi: Man Calls For Bombing Of Abuja Mosque After New Zealand Shootings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by Bigmugu: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
@NAIRATREND

The Nigerian Air Force commenced aerial bombardments on Monday, in a joint military offensive to end the banditry in Zamfara communities.

The Commander of the 207 Quick Response Group of the air force, Group Capt. Caleb Olayera, made the disclosure while speaking with newsmen in Gusau.

He was speaking after taking delivery of two airplanes deployed for the operation.

Olayera described the operation as part of a joint military operation, involving the air force, army, police and civil defence to flush out the bandits.

Zamfara in Nigeria’s northwest has seen intense banditry in recent times that has left hundreds dead and displaced thousands in various communities.

The Federal Government has since been battling the jihadist Boko Haram group in Nigeria’s northeast in a low intensity war that has claimed thousands of lives and displaced millions since 2009.

Olayera said that two helipads had already been constructed by the air force for the Zamfara security operation.

“We told you that the helipads will be used as the base for our fighter jets to neutralise any group of criminals and their hideouts,” he said.

He assured that peace would soon return to troubled communities in Zamfara with the commencement of the military operation.

GIST VIA -
https://nairatrend.com.ng/air-force-begins-bombing-of-bandits-in-zamfara/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by Paperwhite(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
Good! Killings across Nigeria have been a national calamity.Sack service chiefs now! angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by CodeTemplar: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
I hope they bomb the real bandits and not the defensive folks there. This is the same Zamfara where the govt empowered the hisbah to arrest people on suspicion just few weeks ago.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by helphelp: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Define bandits?

15 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by QuotaSystem: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Well done to our Fighter Pilots...bomb out those scum bandits off the face of the Earth.

Let us hear what the ipob wailers have to say this time...Awon "Air Force is supporting fulani herdsmen yen yen yen yen"

They will not disappoint but regardless our Air Force will not hesitate to destroy those criminals they support out of hatred for Nigeria.

Godspeed and good-luck to our troops. Thank God for an able Commander-in-Chief.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by kristonium(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Innocent human casualties inevitable!

5 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by Ezedon(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Story

3 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by AceRoyal: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
I'm not trying to be ethnic/tribalistic here but let's call a spade a spade.
The government tags unharmed Ipob members (even though I don't support their agitation), who have never killed anyone "TERRORISTS" but brand those elements in the north from a certain tribe that have been on a killing and destructive spree "BANDITS".

The government has even branded the war against Boko Haram as "low intensity war, that have claimed thousands of lives".

They have become a menace that the airforce is been deployed to use air power, yet the government does not want to call them what they really are.

Human live doesn't seem to matter anymore in this country and there seem to be no end in sight.

Until there is ethnic equality in all ramifications, there will be no meaningful sustainable development in this country.

Our leaders are not serious about developing our nation, they don't even think about how posterity will judge them.

This news is annoying and absurd.

For the politically myopic people blinded by religious and ethnic sentiments that have been quoting me or wish to quote me, I have these questions to ask;
A. IF THE ELEMENTS THAT THE AIRFORCE GOT TO BOMB WERE JUST BANDITS, ISN'T IT THE JOB OF THE POLICE TO GO AFTER BANDITS AND OTHER CRIMINAL ELEMENTS THAT DON'T POSE A THREAT TO OUR NATIONAL INTEGRITY?

B. IF YOU ADMIT THAT THEY INDEED POSE A THREAT TO OUR NATIONAL INTEGRITY THROUGH SPORADIC KILLINGS, ISN'T IT MOST APPROPRIATE TO LABEL THEM WHAT THEY TRULY ARE.... TERRORISTS?

If you label me a wailer because I speak the truth and don't share the same political sentiments with you, then you should know that I'm not only wailing but weeping bitterly for my beloved country!

I love my country but I'm ashamed of our leaders!

89 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by somez(m): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
Kill the fulanis. Their cows inclusive

3 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by lonlytroy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
Is that a declaration of War in Nigeria?
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by mgbadike81: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
rubbish post,
(1) he's just taking delivery of the helicopters and yet claiming that they have commenced bombing on the same spot, that's a self evident lie.
(2) he claimed that they have constructed two helipads for their fighter jets, another lie because jets use runways not helipads.

in as much as Buhari wants the Fulani vs Fulani violence in Zamfara to end, I consider this news a mere propaganda to balance yesterday's news of bombing Benue villages by the Air Force.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by soldadoe(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
Welldone! U pple shuld just finish the whole zamfara! Na there i kukuma serve...make una sha no kill innocent pple oo! North and WALAHA SHAA! Make we just seperate abeg! This country needs restructuring.....walai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by freemanbubble: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
isoright
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by blackaxe78: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2018
somez:
Kill the fulanis. Their cows inclusive

Please STFU!

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by muhammed50(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
That's why you must vote for this man

1 Like

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by rentAcock(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Nigeria has turned to Iraq. It's only a matter of time before these militants will gain access to rockets capable of hitting anywhere within a 300 mile radius. I remember watching hezbollah rain rockets down on Israel on CNN and I just used to shake my head and wondered if that region will ever know peace. Nigeria is slowly turning into the middle East, and we are yet to realize it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by blackaxe78: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Well done to our Fighter Pilots...burn those scum off the face of the Earth.

let us hear what the wailers have to say this time...Awon "Air Force is supporting fulani herdmen yen yen yen"

Godspeed and good-luck to our troops. Thank God for an able Commander-in-Chief.

God bless your mother!

Don't mind those pigs

4 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by abbaapple: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
angry

Is this news huh? Huh? Spits! SMH lipsrsealed
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by Sabadon(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
innocent civilians might b affected cos I doubt dey know d whole demographics where the so called bandits reside

on a lighter note clean bandit comes to mindcheesy
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by blackaxe78: 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
muhammed50:
That's why you must vote for this man

2023 guaranteed already!
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by blackaxe78: 10:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
abbaapple:
angry

Is this news huh? Huh? Spits! SMH lipsrsealed

When last u celebrated a good news?
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by abbaapple: 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
blackaxe78:

When last u celebrated a good news?

angry

Before you were born lipsrsealed
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by QuotaSystem: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
AceRoyal:
I'm not trying to be ethnic/tribalistic here but let's call a spade a spade.
The government tags unharmed Ipob members (even though I don't support their agitation), who have never killed anyone "TERRORISTS" but brand those elements in the north from a certain tribe that have been on a killing and destructive spree "BANDITS".

The government has even branded the war against Boko Haram as "low intensity war, that have claimed thousands of lives".

They have become a menace that the airforce is been deployed to use air power, yet the government does not want to call them what they really are.

Human live doesn't seem to matter anymore in this country and there seem to be no end in sight.

Until there is ethnic equality in all ramifications, there will be no meaningful sustainable development in this country.

I love my country but I'm ashamed of our leaders!

Air Force is finally bombing bandit herdsmen, rustlers and kidnappers yet you still found a reason to WAIL

What concerns nonsense nomenclature with the wiping out of criminal bandits in a most deadly and effective manner?

You wailers are inconsolable, sometimes it seems you deserve your agony.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by blackaxe78: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
abbaapple:

angry

Before you were born lipsrsealed

Lie
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by GavelSlam: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Air Force is finally bombing bandit herdsmen, rustlers and kidnappers yet you still found a reason to WAIL

What concerns nonsense nomenclature with the wiping out of criminal bandits in a most deadly and effective manner?

You wailers are inconsolable, sometimes it seems you deserve your agony.

Not sometimes.

All the time.

2 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by QuotaSystem: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
mgbadike81:
rubbish post,
(1) he's just taking delivery of the helicopters and yet claiming that they have commenced bombing on the same spot, that's a self evident lie.
(2) he claimed that they have constructed two helipads for their fighter jets, another lie because jets use runways not helipads.

in as much as Buhari wants the Fulani vs Fulani violence in Zamfara to end, I consider this news a mere propaganda to balance yesterday's news of bombing Benue villages by the Air Force.

For your information, the Nigerian Airforce's helicopter gunships and Mi-35P bombers are some of the deadliest weapons in its arsenal (fitting the kind of low-flying operation over a small area), and they do not need a runway, only a helipad which has already been constructed and aircraft delivered.

Not all operations require high flying, high-speed jets.

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by Xbee007(m): 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
mgbadike81:
rubbish post,

Bloggers must chop. None of the two deployed helicopters can carry any sort of bombs whatsoever yet the blogger managed to pull that lie.

BTW, who would mention helipad and fighter jet in one breathe?

4 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by zombieHUNTER: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
Are you sure who they are bombing ?
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by mgbadike81: 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
QuotaSystem:

For your information, the Nigerian Airforce's helicopter gunships and Mi-35P bombers are some of the deadliest weapons in its arsenal (fitting the kind of low-flying operation over a small area), and they do not need a runway, only a helipad which has already been constructed and aircraft delivered.

Not all operations require high flying, high-speed jets.
you're sounding as confused as the army officer that claimed that they have constructed two helipads for their fighter jets, you don't even need helipads for such brief operations. helicopter gunships are not used for bombardments. The whole press release sounds phony and probably filled with lies.

13 Likes

Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by OyinO: 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
rentAcock:
Nigeria has turned to Iraq. It's only a matter of time before these militants will gain access to rockets capable of hitting anywhere within a 300 mile radius. I remember watching hezbollah rain rockets down on Israel on CNN and I just used to shake my head and wondered if that region will ever know peace. Nigeria is slowly turning into the middle East, and we are yet to realize it.

It is already Middle East. The ONLY difference is absence of Rockets.
Re: Air Force Begins Bombing Of Bandits In Zamfara by lastempero: 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
When will they bomb Fulani terrorists?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of UK Returnee In Abuja / Pastor’s Wife Tortures Stepson To Death Over Food - Picture / Gunmen Kidnap Female Students In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.