Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. (958 Views)

Hp Elitebook 8460p 4gb Ram Intel Corei5 2.5ghz 250gb Hard Disk [Sold] / Us Ordered Dell Latitude E5420..intel I3,4gb Ram,250gb,wifi, Great Battery...45k / Why OLPC Project Failed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by sunnym(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2010
Please computer gurus help me, my 250GB laptop hard disk has stop working. It happened when my computer hanged and i manually switched it off via the power button, when switched on again what i saw was 'recovery error' i should start window normal but when selected it will try to boot but will show me blue screen but i could read whats on it due to short time display. Pls is it crash? What should i do? Its window window vista home premium. Acer. Thanks
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by sunnym(m): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
Pls someone should tell me what to do, i'll compansate the person.
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by geedup(m): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2010
yes your system has crashed
i can set it back up without formatting
i.e i will bring it back up without loosing your files
here's my number 08069720435(Port Harcourt)
waiting,
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by omerese(m): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
if you dont have any files you seriously need, just get a new hard drive.
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by geedup(m): 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2010
@Sunnym, Ignore Omerese
I can get it done for you all u need is just call me up
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by EvilBrain1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
There are two likely problems:

1. A virus has corrupted your start up files. Solution: You'll need your operating system disc (it came with your laptop) or a pirated copy of windows to repair your OS or reinstall windows. This is purely a software problem and should be relatively cheap to fix. You can even do it yourself. If you choose to reinstall, you'll lose all your data but its the better solution especially if you don't have valuable info trapped in the hard drive.

2. Your hard drive is damaged. Solution: Buy a new hard drive, reinstall windows.

How to install windows (vista/7)

0. Plug in your laptop. Don't try this on battery unless you want more problems.
1. Insert the windows dvd
2. Restart your computer
3. Hold down the button to select boot device. (its usually either F2 or F10, and is always written on the screen right after the computer comes on.) Do this as soon as it comes on or it won't work. This will take you to a screen listing various boot devices (e.g. HDD, CD/DVD, Network, USB)
4. Select CD/DVD as the boot device
5. Follow the instructions. At this stage even a monkey can figure out the rest. It's very simple.

You're welcome.
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by geedup(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2010
The blue screen means it has crashed, so you need an expert to get it done without reformatting,
Think before you act,
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by Ejike3: 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
@geedup
you don't have to ask people to call you up when you can easily post the solution here. What is the need for a forum?

@Poster
if you can't remove your hd, look for someone to help you to remove it from the laptop and simply insert the HD in external HD, plug it in the usb port of another working system to view and copy out your important files, then return the HD back and format.

My battery is down, I'll send detail next time, i.e if you have not done it.
Re: Pls Help 250gb Hd Failed. by anthoi(m): 5:10am On Jun 11, 2010
please guys, help me. i tried installing window vista to my PC i bought as window xp. but canceled along the line cos of power and switched off via the button off and when i switched on my PC, it refused to display anything but beeps 3times

(1) (Reply)

Help! / How To Download Video From Youtube Without Any Software / How Do I Use A Photo Editing Software To Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.