Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

How To Start Search Engine Optimization For Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start Search Engine Optimization For Your Blog (825 Views)

Top 5 Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization For Small Businesses In Nigeria / Search Engine Optimization For Business / A Guide To Website Optimization For Mobile Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Search Engine Optimization For Your Blog by daretechy: 9:18am On Jun 19, 2018
Have you ever wondered the cost of how to start search engine optimization for your blog. Is it really expensive like you see it over time when browsing on your PCs or mobile phone? Well, this article will guide you on how to do search engine optimization free without a dime. The only thing you are going to be sacrificing is your time.

Search engine optimization ( SEO) is the process of making your website or a web page present in a web search engine's unpaid results often referred to as natural, organic, earned, or targeted traffic results .
In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users; these visitors can then be converted into your targeted audiences and may be from different parts of the world depending on your SEO.

SEO can be used for different kinds of search, including image search, video search, academic search, news search, or a niche search engines. What are niches? Niches are any position of opportunity for which one is well-suited, such as a particular market in business. Example, you can go for a blogging tutorial, entertainment, finance or auto niches to mention a few.
SEO differs from local search engine optimization in that the latter is focused on optimizing a business' online presence so that its web pages will be displayed by search engines when a user enters a local search for its products or services. The former instead is more focused on national or international searches.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, the robots which dictate search engine behavior, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines, and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, adding content, doing HTML , and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks , or inbound links, is another SEO tactic. By May 2015, mobile search had surpassed desktop search. In 2015, it was reported that Google is developing and promoting mobile search as a key feature within future products. In response, many brands are beginning to take a different approach to their Internet marketing strategies and yet, this article will teach you how to start an affordable search engine optimization and rank your blog always.

How To Start An Affordable Search Engine Optimization For Your Blog
As I said earlier in the first paragraph, starting search engine optimization for your blog is quite easy in the sense that all you need to start is with keyword, keywords, keywords, keywords, keywords. Lol and I say again KEYWORDS

Here, I'm going to show you how to start an affordable search engine optimization for your blog.

#TIP 1: USE LONG TAIL KEYWORDS

I guess you will be wondering what long tail keywords are? Long tail keywords are those three and four keyword phrases which are very, very specific to whatever you are selling. You see, whenever a customer uses a highly specific search phrase, they tend to be looking for exactly what they are actually going to buy. Example "affordable search engine optimization" is an example of a long tail keywords. When using long tail keywords, make sure you use it inside your blog posts. Don't overuse the keywords because it can lead to keywords stuffing, Google dislikes when you overuse keywords or stuff keywords in a blog post as it may affect your search engine ranking and you can be penalized by Google the biggest search engine giant for that.

#TIP 2: USE URLs ASSOCIATED WITH WHAT YOU BLOG ABOUT
Yeah, I focus on a niche that blogs about technology and how-to that's why I used
http://www.daretechy.com.ng as my domain name as it's sure going to make impact on my search engine optimization. Search engines also looks into your URL to figure out what your post is about, and it's one of the first things it is going to index on a page. You have a huge opportunity to optimize your URLs on every post you publish , as every post lives on its own unique URLs. Make sure you input your keywords in it. Do you understand?

#TIP 3: MAKE YOUR WEBSITE MOBILE-FRIENDLY

A mobile-friendly website is a search-friendly website. And for all those important keywords search being done on mobile, Google displays the mobile-friendly results first. This is yet another example of Google heavily favoring mobile-friendly websites, which has been true ever since the company updated its Penguin algorithm in April 2015, As a result, you will help the SEO power you gain from these links, helping Google more easily recognize your post's value and rank it accordingly.

#TIP 4: OPTIMIZE THE IMAGES, META DESCRIPTIONS, AND USE ALL THE SPACE.
You will also need to get images that are free from copyrights and infographical images or infographics because it helps you SEO and its important to start an affordable search engine optimization. Infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly. They can make your audience understand what your blog post is actually talking about to see patterns and trends.
The Meta descriptions is a snippet of up to about 155 characters (a tag in Html) which summarizes a page's content. Search engines show the meta description in search results mostly when the searched-for phrase is within the description, so optimizing the meta description is crucial for on-page SEO.

#TIP 5: BUILD INTERNAL LINKS ON YOUR WEBSITE OR BLOG

When writing a blog post, always make it like a compulsory thing to link different types of blog topics inside same topics you are writing on. You should notice I do this time to time from my blog Inbound links to your content helps to show search engines how relevant is your blog post. The same goes for linking internally to other pages on your website. If you've written about a topic that's mentioned in your blog post on another blog post, ebook, or web page, it's a best practice to link to that page. As its another way of making search engine optimization.

#TIP 6: SUBMIT YOUR WEBSITE OR BLOGS TO SEARCH ENGINE
You have made many websites you can submit your website/blog URLs to as it helps to increase the crawl rate of your blog. You can submit your website/blog to search engines like Google and
Bing . I hope you know now that making search engine optimization for your blog does not require cash but time and consistency and in no time your blog will begin to earn you cool cash by joining adsense or any other advertising programs.
Do you have any questions? Kindly comment below.

source: http://www.daretechy.com.ng

1 Like

Re: How To Start Search Engine Optimization For Your Blog by daretechy: 6:40am On Feb 27, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Help: Please Help With A Webhost, How Reliable Is / Nigeria Non-verified Adsense Account Available For Sale / How To Use Linkedin To Promote Business And Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.