Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,628 members, 7,958,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Why Nigerian Governments Must Pay Attention To Wildlife —dr Morenikeji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerian Governments Must Pay Attention To Wildlife —dr Morenikeji (279 Views)

Federal And State Governments Must Start Building Solar Panels Across Nigeria / Bandit, Bello Turji Writes Letter To Zamfara, Nigerian Governments / Why Nigerian Governments Must Pay Attention To Wildlife —dr Morenikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Governments Must Pay Attention To Wildlife —dr Morenikeji by ogunwale321: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2018
The Nigerian Association of Zoological Gardens and Wildlife Parks (NAZAP) was inaugurated in October 2015, and registered with the Federal Government in November 2017, with the motto, “Biodiversity, Conservation, and Stewardship”. Its Governing Council had their third meeting
recently. Rising from the meeting, NAZAP President, Dr. Olajumoke Morenikeji, an associate professor of Parasitology/ Ecology and Environmental Biology Unit of Department of Zoology, University of Ibadan, told PAUL OMOROGBE why the association wants the government to revitalise Nigeria’s wildlife.

We don’t even take care of our national parks, not to talk of zoos. I had the privilege of speaking to the Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed because I was invited to a tourism summit in Abuja, and they were discussing ways of making the economy do well through tourism. When I stood up to speak about zoos, everyone kept quiet because it had always been about hotels and those kinds of places.
But I said zoos are the most visited places on earth, anywhere you go. So, we have to do something about the zoos and parks sector to bring money to the country. I told him there is a need to have a zoo in every state. It will not just benefit those working there, by creating jobs, it will also benefit the locals around and the country, because there are some animals in Nigeria we don’t have anywhere else in the world. People will travel to see them. When they see that the sector is well managed, they will come.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1241/why-nigerian-governments-must-pay-attention-to-wildlife-dr-morenikeji?new=1

Seen cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 uboma oam4j

(1) (Reply)

Education Reform: After Transparent Bid Round, Edo Govt. Set To Commence Recon / VIDEO : Nigerian President Buhari Finally Sign 2018 Budget / FG To Start Disbursement Of Recovered Abacha Loot To Poor Nigerian Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.