Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,847 members, 7,828,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time (13325 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Match?

Brazil: 34% (10 votes)
Ivory Coast: 51% (15 votes)
Draw: 13% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria 0 Vs 1 Ivory Coast (International Friendly) FULL TIME / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by jalether(m): 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2010
What's next. African team's lacklustre world cup outing is a result of South Africa's wintry weather. blacks are not used to anything synonymous

with the western world

pathetic excuses.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by kabna(m): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2010
hmm very incompetent of a ref at this high level to ask a player did you touch the ball? the malian ref who disallowed the american goal was billede as incompetent. his case was relatively tensed considerin the numerous pushings in the boxand had to pick one and decided to pick a push which was not even one. but this ref missed it . i guess human error yet if it was an african it wont bee seen like that.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by buzugee(m): 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
jalether:

Are you minding them. some football illiterate are even blaming it on the "perceived" incompetence of foreign coaches
Sybellah:

-a Penalty ignored by the french referee
-Referee accepting handball goal and jokin about

There are definitively a lot of nonsense referees in this WC.
They r just crucifying Coulibaly for his bad judgement, but I am sure this french referee will not be criticize at all.
i concur strongly cry mama africaaaaaaaa
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by comehn: 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2010
The referee acknowledged the second goal was a hand goal. I hate to listen to those guys from ESPN, their analysis are bias and from start to end they worship Brazil.  Good luck to Portogal, I don't hate Brazil , just the officiating really suck.  they get me so heated.  number 1 soccer fan
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Gayigaskia(m): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2010
All this noise about Kaka red card should stop , the guy elbowed Kader in the chest not in the face. it was a dangerous act and should be punish with a straight red. It was as  barbaric as Sani Kaita's fault. Some here are even coming to Kaka defense by saying that he is non violant player: bullcrap the guy had had a red card before.

SaniKaita = aboki, mallam, almajiri, and Kaka = ?
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Borat1: 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2010
The guy whom kaita infamously karataed wasnt actually touched but he hit the floor rolling like he'd been chopped with an axe
Intentional Elbow or not, kaka deserved to be sent off
In this age of football, keep your bloody hands and legs to your phocking self
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by mikeoscar: 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2010
[b]What's next. African team's lacklustre world cup outing is a result of South Africa's wintry weather. blacks are not used to anything synonymous

with the western world[/b]pathetic excusers.

Hehehe, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin stop!, stop!!, stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I beg i no wan burst my rib.

oh Lawd!!  what a forum.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by buzugee(m): 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2010
kabna:

hmm very incompetent of a ref at this high level to ask a player did you touch the ball? the malian ref who disallowed the american goal was billede as incompetent. his case was relatively tensed considerin the numerous pushings in the boxand had to pick one and decided to pick a push which was not even one. but this ref missed it . i guess human error yet if it was an african it wont bee seen like that.
i concur strongly
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by chidichris(m): 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2010
fifa has refused to introduce tv technology.
fabiano cld use his hand at will turning the game to hand ball.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by buzugee(m): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2010
comehn:

The referee acknowledged the second goal was a hand goal. I hate to listen to those guys from ESPN, their analysis are bias and from start to end they worship Brazil.  Good luck to Portogal, I don't hate Brazil , just the officiating really suck.  they get me so heated.  number 1 soccer fan
i strongly concur.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Mariory(m): 10:08pm On Jun 20, 2010
buzugee:

nope  sad i am angry. i will be gay when i calm down. i take it you mean 'happy' when you say gay ? grin

I think he meant queer. wink
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by buzugee(m): 10:08pm On Jun 20, 2010
me, i am tired of white people, i am tired of espn, i am tired of uncle tom negros, i am tired of lackadaisical african footballers. i think i need to move into the mountains and become a hermit. away from all this craziness  cry
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by mikeoscar: 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2010
SaniKaita = aboki, mallam, almajiri,  and Kaka = ?

Guy what's your point? Be forthright about it and  stop this local arithmetic  up here grin grin
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by buzugee(m): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2010
Mariory:

I think he ment queer. wink
the only queer in here is dayokanu and bamolowo  and thor and mariory. those boys suck so much nuts they have sewn knee pads on all their trousers  grin
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by jalether(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2010
buzugee:

me, i am tired of white people, i am tired of espn, i am tired of uncle tom negros, i am tired of lackadaisical african footballers. i think i need to move into the mountains and become a hermit. away from all this craziness  cry

There's always enough land mass to accomodate you in the south or north pole. oh I forgot, you despise anything white (snow)
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by ezan(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2010
I still dont understand two things about this game:

1. How did that referree justify the red card he gave Kaka? In my opinion, that was sooooo not Kaka's fault! The Elephant (Kaita) ran into him, not the other way around. Besides, Kaita ran into him only slightly, but decided to make a big deal of it to make it look like some huge  foul play when really, he could not have been THAT hurt.

2. How is it that he was able to get so bold as to ask the Brazilian (while on the field) if that was a handball? I suspect that he was a fan of the Brazilian team,  that goal should not have been approved.

Just when you thought you've seen it all, something happens that leaves you stunned and scratching your head. . .why was the ref asking Fabiano if that was a handball?!
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by mystikal(m): 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2010
mike oscar:

Guy what's your point? Be forthright about it and  stop this local arithmetic  up here grin grin

very local indeed
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by CarlosVent(m): 10:17pm On Jun 20, 2010
NIGERIA IS EVEN A BETER COUNTRY IF U CHECK D PERFORMANCE OF AFRICAN COUNTIES.

ALSO PLS IS KAKA D NEW KEITA.

ALL THESE PEOPLE THERE NAME STARTS WITH k THEY ARE ALWAYS HHHHHMMMMMMMMM
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by buzugee(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2010
jalether:

There's always enough land mass to accomodate you in the south or north pole. oh I forgot, you despise anything white (snow)
i can handle snow  grin
so whomever is watching espn because me i have switched over. i hate looking at those guys let alone hear them talk. are they going on about how this ref is incompetent like they did the mali one ? or are they playing mute ?
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Gayigaskia(m): 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2010
mystikal:

very local indeed

Indeed it is , and it directed to Sagamite who seems to ignore it cause he can't explain why he was calling Sani kaita those names and now completely come to Kaka's defence.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by canuck(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2010
FIFA is a dinosaur refusing to embrace technological aid for officiating.

Almost every match (including Brazil v Cote d'ivore) was riddled with horrible calls (or lack thereof) by the Referee!

Can you imagine this yeye Referee asking Fabiano if he was guilty of HAND BALL?! Wetin Fabiano go talk?! It was AFTER the fact, and the Ref was even smiling!!! OMG!  undecided
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Thor(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2010
Here is the proof that Keita is a cheat  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3q-s5wTXKY
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by canuck(m): 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2010
^^^^^

Big deal! Brazil got beaten in their cheating game!

Why did Kaita Kaka swing his elbow into Keita's chest in the 1st place? Lame!
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2010
Thor:

ah ah he did nt even touch him by the nose, but Kaka still deserved it. Look at him trying to walk it off like nothing happened.

Dude was becoming too arrogant and taunt the other team. He deserved the red card, nonsense.

At the end of the game, everybody was playacting  grin
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
by princek12

If you watch Invictus, you would realize the importance of passion, and how a coach can motivate his players to go to war for one's country. How can an European coach motivate African players to go out and play for the cause of Africans, or to go out and play for national pride?

you make too much, too much sense right there. The best thing i've heard in weeks.
Thats really true, but not all indeginious coach have that motivation, well check out Onigbinde, Amodu and Christian Chukwu. They are very lipid when it comes to Super Eagles playing.
But i think we, Super Eagles just need to do with a nigerian coach now, an experience coach burning with passion like Mourinho. A coach who can really spot talents around the country and groom a team for long term goals.
Its a pity the way football is now a money game, but with time we can have a team that can outclass Brazil and Argentina. One man can bring all the change we need.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by tedbundy: 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
Gayigaskia:

All this noise about Kaka red card should stop , the guy elbowed Kader in the chest not in the face. it was a dangerous act and should be punish with a straight red. It was as  barbaric as Sani Kaita's fault. Some here are even coming to Kaka defense by saying that he is non violant player: bullcrap the guy had had a red card before.

SaniKaita = aboki, mallam, almajiri,  and Kaka = ?

Favela Drug dealing punk!!!
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by hobat4cash(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
Why can't we argue without trading insults, that's one of the reasons i do not comment on nairaland even though i have been a member 4 some yeara now. Back to topic
1.the second goal was in my opinion an unmerited goal, there was a clear case of handball.
2.imo the refree talking to fabiano about the handball was to inform him(fabiano) that with the benefit of replay that his goal was handball.
3.was that a red card? No way. Kaka was trying to prevent himself from being ran into by keita. Kaka is not known to be a malicious player.
4.in summary, civ did not have a good game, the refree did not do a proper job and the brazilians were clinical in their finishing. My 10 cents.
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Gayigaskia(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
Thor:

The guy took a elbow in the chest shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by lizzybabe1(f): 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2010
I've watched it again and I think it's normal reflex to use your hand/shoulder to protect yourself if someone is running into you. Keita holding his face after that, that deserves an Oscar. shocked
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by canuck(m): 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2010
@ FL Gators

Please give Cote d'ivore a break! Fabiano scored a GOAL by cheating with TWO handballs!!!

Brazilians = Skillful Cheats!
Re: World Cup 2010: Brazil (3) - (1) Ivory Coast On June 20th. 7:30pm Nigerian Time by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 20, 2010
canuck:

@ FL Gators

Please give Cote d'ivore a break! Fabiano scored a GOAL by cheating with TWO handballs!!!

Brazilians = Skillful Cheats!

I think we're saying the same thing. I said what you just did in my previous posts

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out / Uk Pool Week 18 4/4 Live Draws At A Give-away Price / Paul Robinson: ‘Ighalo Unreliable, Not The Kind Of Player Newcastle Need’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.