Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

I Can't Play As A Lone Striker - Ighalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can't Play As A Lone Striker - Ighalo (376 Views)

Video Of Ighalo's Lekki, Lagos Mansion. Money Is Good / Lucky Sports, Play As You See It / Iheanacho's Lone Goal Sends Leicester Into FA Cup Fourth Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Play As A Lone Striker - Ighalo by Jidefido(m): 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2018
Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo has admitted that he finds it difficult playing as a lone striker for the three-time African champions.

The Changchun Yatai forward has struggled to get goals in the colours of the national team under the Franco-German coach Gernot Rohr.

The former Watford striker says Rohr will decide the best system Super Eagles would set up for matches at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

“The coach has to decide how the team set up, but sometimes it is difficult to play as a lone striker in games especially when your opponent system at the back is compact. This is the pattern the coach has decided to play with, we have to work and blend with it,” said Ighalo.

Ighalo is optimistic the Super Eagles performance will improve against Iceland on Friday at Volgograd Arena.

“I think we did our best against Croatia but we couldn’t create enough scoring chances. Unfortunately, for us the first goal was a deflection and the second goal was a controversial penalty.

Even our defenders couldn’t explain it and they were surprised, but we can’t fault the referee and we respect his decision. We have to correct our mistakes, we have learnt our lessons and we shall improve our performance against Iceland,” he added.

http://www.thesportsbay.com/i-cant-play-as-a-lone-striker-odion-ighalo/

(1) (Reply)

Beer Scarcity Hit Moscow, As World Cup Fans Go On Drinking Spree / Nba 2018 Draft: San Antonio Spurs Pick Nigerian Chimezie Metu / Our Sweet Prophet Pig Has Predicted That...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.