Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) (30591 Views)

Another Truck Has Rammed Into The Ojuelegba Barrier. / 72-seater Plane Crashes In Pokhara, Nepal. 40 Bodies Recovered / No Bodies Recovered From Ethiopia Airlines Crash Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Goddygee(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2018
na wav
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by lexy2014: 11:38am On Jun 20, 2018
bobaydavid:
it is becoming unbecoming at the Ojuelegba Surelere bridge. The government needs to come together to see what they can do to curtain this tragic and unfortunate incidents. Maybe they should make an alternate way for the trailers and other heavy duties cargoes
unfortunately, it is d alternative routes they are now using. Where else should they use? D problem is from d port. D process is very slow, hence trailers are kept waiting 4 days. Those that have money follow what they call "express" where u d police/navy collect money from d drivers. Another problem is that, d ports used ti have space 4 parking 4 trailers, but d spaces have all been sold to d dangotes&others
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2018
Nobody to give first aid?
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Lyricsmansion: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2018
midehi2:
So they wont solve this deadly Ojuelegba bridge abi undecided

Nobody is saying anything about unsafe and careless atitude being portraying by so called careless truck drivers.

How can a driver, be moving a heavy container through city without been properly latched.

What is happening to our port safety system, why will a loaded trailer be allowed to pass through the port gate without necessary safety checks .

No any trailer carry cointaner should be allowed on any route without the container latch to the trailer...

1 Like

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
May their souls Rest In Peace I can't lie even when I am passing these trailers I always speed past and say a prayer they should only move at night please if they refuse to tie the container down even those trucks should be banned until they use a cargo fastener

2 Likes

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by SirdeKay: 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
People are just dying like fowls day in, day out, here in Nigeria. Very late yesterday I heard the sad news of the demise of a close friend who was hit by a small boy driving his parents' vehicle. The small boy ended up killing three adult persons denying their families their respective breadwinners.
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by dammiecool(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bullhari007:
so they will not watch Nigeria Vs Iceland they will not watch how Argentina go take beat us mercilessly.... Bughari shame to you and your family, yusuf will pay with his blood
U don't own ur life, anything can happen..... comment wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
samuelchimmy:
i repeat , 2 cities i do not wish to live in
1.lagos
2.PH

I'm with you about Lagos.

I feel nothing but sympathy for those that have to endure that clusterfork.

If I can get a direct flight to Ibadan then I shall never set foot in that ghastly city again.

2 Likes

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I'm with you about Lagos.

I feel nothing but sympathy for those that have to endure that clusterfork.

If I can get a direct flight to Ibadan then I shall never set foot in that ghastly city again.

Pusssy ass californian. You have lived there too long and gone soft

1 Like

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
oyb:

Pusssy ass californian. You have lived there too long and gone soft

That would be true if I haven't always hated that pigsty growing up, this is not new. Only thing that takes me there is The Shrine and Murtala.

I just don't understand why anyone would purposefully choose a tough existence.

Give me Ibadan or give me death grin

1 Like

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

That would be true if I haven't always hated that pigsty growing up, this is not new. Only thing that takes me there is The Shrine and Murtala.

I just don't understand why anyone would purposefully choose a tough existence.

Give me Ibadan or give me death grin

I think you mean give me amala or give me death. cheesy

That's what us afonjas and lagosians know Ibadan for.

1 Like

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2018
dammiecool:

U don't own ur life, anything can happen..... comment wisely.
and so what
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Ezeamaemmanuel(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
samuelchimmy:
i repeat , 2 cities i do not wish to live in
1.lagos
2.PH

I stand with you bro!
These cities are the most chaotic in the world.
Even though I'm currently in Lagos, I can attest to the fact that it's not city like.

I hope they don't start quoting me now

1 Like

Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by Dex4(m): 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
This is Nigeria nau; a truck leaves the port without locking down, pays officers on the road 1k....gbam, people are dead.

Don't let anybody kill you in this country, nothing will happen o... This is Nigeria!
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by bobaydavid(m): 12:04am On Jun 21, 2018
lexy2014:
unfortunately, it is d alternative routes they are now using. Where else should they use? D problem is from d port. D process is very slow, hence trailers are kept waiting 4 days. Those that have money follow what they call "express" where u d police/navy collect money from d drivers. Another problem is that, d ports used ti have space 4 parking 4 trailers, but d spaces have all been sold to d dangotes&others
What this Trailer drivers carry at times are always overweight and overloaded goods. Authorities should be put in place to check the state and status of every cargo set to move in the state. This can't continue.
Re: Two bodies recovered from the Ojuelegba container accident (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2018
bobaydavid:

What this Trailer drivers carry at times are always overweight and overloaded goods. Authorities should be put in place to check the state and status of every cargo set to move in the state. This can't continue.
D only thing lagos govt can do is 2 check if containers are well strapped on d trailer beds. 4 what d trailer drivers carry, u aren't entirely correct when u say they carry overload. If u familiar with export business, u will realise that there's a maximum weight a shipping company can take per container from exporters. D shipping company specifies this weight. It is d combined weight of d container&d goods inside d container. For instance, if d container has a tar weight of let's say 5MT, then d goods u putting inside must not exceed say 25MT. Anything above that, d exporter will pay 4 overload. Exporters know this so they don't overload containers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing / Excavator Assisting People To Cross A Gutter In Lagos / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.