Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Convention: APC At A Critical Stage - National Organising Secretary Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Convention: APC At A Critical Stage - National Organising Secretary Aspirant (581 Views)

PDP Moves To Remove Organising Secretary Over Incompetence, Arrogance / Barr Shola Gabriel Contesting For APC National Organising Secretary (Photos) / Nairalander has been Elected as State Organising Secretary Of APC Sokoto State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Convention: APC At A Critical Stage - National Organising Secretary Aspirant by JosEast(m): 5:34am On Jun 20, 2018
The APC and our country are at a critical stage in their evolution, an aspirant contesting the position of national organising secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at coming Saturday's national convention, Chidi Nwogu, said this on Tuesday in Abuja.
Nwogu, who addressed journalists on his ambition, underscored the need for the emergence of a new crop of party leaders with the required capacities and backgrounds to wield the party and the nation together for overall national development to confront the challenges of the moment.

While saying that Nigeria could not afford to fail the black race, he emphasized the need to develop political parties to deepen democracy and economic development through mass participation of the populace in political activities.

He said that his background as a former member of the House of Representatives, an employer of labour, a quantity surveyor, and a responsible family man had placed him on a solid pedestal to discharge the constitutional responsibilities of the office of national organising secretary.

He promised to initiate strategies for free, fair, and transparent processes in the conduct of party primaries and appointment of members for assignments within the party.
Nwogu also pledged to ensure that all interests were protected to make sure that discrimination on the basis of religion and ethnicity was eliminated in the choice of who flied the party's flag in any election.

He said, "I will work with all leaders, national officers, elected and appointed political office holders in the party to entrench internal democracy. I will assiduously pursue all initiatives aimed at uniting party members at all levels and avoiding bickering and intra-party conflicts that can undermine our overall aims as a party.

"I promise to serve as a bridge between the executive and the legislature of which I am a member. Our women and the youth will find me a reliable partner at all times. Our founding fathers will get the respect they deserve in the management of party affairs.

"I shall be faithful and loyal to our President, Muhammadu Buhari, our governors, senators, members of the House of Representatives and all our party members."

Nwogu begged the delegates to put the interest of the party and the nation first as they voted at the convention.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/convention-apc-at-a-critical-stage--national-organising-secretary-aspirant-257081.html

Re: Convention: APC At A Critical Stage - National Organising Secretary Aspirant by fashoo2010(m): 5:37am On Jun 20, 2018
A stage that can make them or Mar them more.

I hope selfish interest does not ruin the party
Re: Convention: APC At A Critical Stage - National Organising Secretary Aspirant by agwom(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2018
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Former Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Has Been Arrested / Oshiomhole Emerges APC Chairman, Baraje, Melaye Warn Of Looming Crisis / Ekiti Guber: Adeyeye Describes Fayose As A Confused And Desperate Poli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.