Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates (3841 Views)

Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / Arms: EFCC May Query Sanusi Over $2.2bn Arms Probe / Governors Express Worry Over High Naira Exchange Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by mamagee3(f): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2010
Joke Silva’s commitment to the growth of Nollywood is well known. On the day Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, sneaked into town to unwind, the versatile actress deemed it fit to confront the embattled CBN boss in respect of the indiscrminate lending rates offered to her Nollywood counterparts by the various commercial banks in the country.

The event was the World premiere of Chinasa Onyechere’s flick, “Dry Waters”, held at the National Arts Theatre, Iganmu, last Sunday.

The CBN boss had just finished making his speech, tasking Nollywood producers to learn to use their films to portray the good image of the country, when Joke Silva suddenly mounted the podium to give her own remark.

Joke, furious with the way and manner the banking operators inflate their lending rates indiscriminately, especially to movie producers in quest of loans to finance their productions, dared the apex bank governor by asking him to implore the banks in the country to reduce their lending rates to zero level.

“The lending rates are very high, and as a growing industry, Nollywood practitioners cannot continue to afford to borrow loans from these banks at a very high interest rate. The interest rate at the moment is between 20 and 25 per cent.

We are appealing to you, sir, to come to our rescue by formulating a policy that will implore these banks to reduce their lending rates,” the screen goddess muted.

She believed that Nollywood desired to enjoy the same zero interest rates as Education and Agriculture, adding that, “Nollywood has contributed immensely to the nation’s economic growth.”

Fortunately, Joke’s momentous appeal to the CBN governor was not in vain, as there were many bank executives that graced the gathering, including the Executive Director of the First Bank Plc, Mr Alex Otim and many others, who, many believed, would surely pass the message to their colleagues.

A graduate of English from the University of Lagos, and also a graduate of drama at the prestigious Weber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, Joke Silva has been in the entertainment industry for almost three decades. She is married to another screen veteran Olu Jacobs. Having conquered the world of filmography, the seasoned actress is bent on beholding a situation, where her colleagues in the industry enjoy reduced lending rates from the banks.

Meanwhile, producer of “Silent Wish” and “Destined to be”, Ms. Chinasa Joy Onyechere, continues to raise the bar in Nollywood. Premiering her latest “Dry Waters” flick proved the claim beyond every reasonable doubt.

Onyechere informed at the premiere of the suspense filled two-hour movie that she has a desire not only to embark on nationwide cinema screening of the movie, but also to premiere the movie in UK and America, in addition to releasing the same in DVD, internet and mobile phones, amongst other channels.

She said, looking at the bigger picture of development a viable film industry in the country capable of attaining strong relevance at the international scene, “Dry Waters” has what it takes to make the difference.

Continuing, she added, “When we are done with this premiere today, “Dry Waters” shall continue the journey you have helped me to start by taking this film to a nationwide screening in all cinema centres.”

According to her, the process of premiering the movie is an improvement on what is obtainable in Nollywood, where movies are just released into the market, without appropriate measures being put in place to check the menace of piracy.

Onyechere, who is the current treasurer of the Association of Movie Producers (AMP), promised to use her new movie to reposition Kech Production Studios, her outfit, within and outside Nollywood.

Directed by Kelvin Ibanichuka, the suspense-filled two-hour movie, boasts of some leading names plying their trade in Nollywood. Among them are Monalisa Chinda, Kenneth Okonkwo, Paul Obazele, Chidi Ihezie-Okafor, Remy Ohajianya, among others.

Screen_played by Adim Williams, “Dry Waters’ is thematically woven around critical family issues and how such issues could affect the larger society, if not properly handled from the foundation stages. “I have produced and funded over a dozen films in Nollywood, but decided to premiere this one elaborately, because it’s a story very dear to my heart.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/7768/8/joke-silva-dares-sanusi.html
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by funlover1(m): 10:15am On Jun 05, 2010
The most useless and stupid thread ever.the headline and the body of what you posted are in dissonance.there is nothing in the post suggesting that Joke Silva dared Sanusi,she only pleaded for a downward review of interest rate.to make the matter worse,your font colour is horrible.i think you should be banned!!!
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
@mama gee

dont mind them. I read everything to the last full stop. Interesting tongue
from your no.1 fan kiss
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Scooby1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2010
babaearly:

@mama gee

dont mind them. I read everything to the last full stop. Interesting tongue
from your no.1 fan kiss

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by eros(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
fun lover:

The most useless and silly thread ever.the headline and the body of what you posted are in dissonance.there is nothing in the post suggesting that Joke Silva dared Sanusi,she only pleaded for a downward review of interest rate.to make the matter worse,your font colour is horrible.i think you should be banned!!!

Easy on the lady mate, be easy on her. Although, her subject is very misleading and should be corrected ASAP.
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by deltalife(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
fun lover:

The most useless and silly thread ever.the headline and the body of what you posted are in dissonance.there is nothing in the post suggesting that Joke Silva dared Sanusi,she only pleaded for a downward review of interest rate.to make the matter worse,your font colour is horrible.i think you should be banned!!!
I don't think your head was not working well as at the time you posted this
How about my own font? Inhumourous you!
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by mrjingles(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
undecided and the point is, ?
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by sayso: 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2010
peeps one peace.
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Ranoscky(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
I just dunno what to say. undecided
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Kx: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
Is this a front page/home page item?
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by ewealths(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
well done for the post maybe the title was needed to make you read it! at least it made me read
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Confusion: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2010
Suggested Heading

1. JOKE SILVA WANTS SANUSI'S JOB
2. JOKE SILVA CANNOT SERVES HER LOAN
3. JOKE SILVA PLAN TO BRING DOWN A BANK

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by yme1(f): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2010
i think the CBN boss should see reasons with her
she is damn right there
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by hatch: 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
[size=22pt]Mama Gee sometimes reminds me of a female version of Becomrich  undecided undecided
Both suffer from a disorder i can't seem to place  lipsrsealed[/size]
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by CarlosVent(m): 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
dats nice for them.
lets see who wins d battle
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
round 1: fight!!!!! ;d ;d ;d ding ding ding
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2010
Yo F***K Joke Silva
F***K Sanusi
F***K Mama Gee
F***k the movie industry
F***K the Muthaf***ing banks.
and any of U Muthaf***s be down wif dat, F***K U 2!
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by hatch: 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
Bros you dey vex oh !
Abi you be Muma Gee abandoned biological son from birth ?
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Gayigaskia(m): 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
Where the hell is mama gee to answer all the statements damn!
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by DeepSoul(f): 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
You people shd go easy on mama-gee na. Ahn ahn!
I just keep seeing people attack her unecessarily sometimes.

Sm1 has even compared her to Becomerich! Kai!
Becomerich is in a class of his own abeg.

@Topic:
Thnx for zi info
Sales for "Dry Waters" has prolly just gone up by 50%
Who knows?
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by porka: 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2010
Agriculture and Education enjoy zero interest facilities? WHERE? I hope this is not another poorly researched lazily presented Nollywood stuff.
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Bokoharam: 6:22am On Jun 08, 2010
But, it is NOT banks that collapsed Nollywood. It is simply the greed of producers & marketers who sold every copy to DSTV for a plate of porridge.

Joke is one actress I respect very well. However, she does not seem to understand money market & macroeconomic issues issues. When Nollywood boomed from early 2000's up to 2006, was the interest rate not much higher than it is today? So, what does she mean?

@Mama-Gee
Apologies to u for those who are ur head. They do NOT understand such issues. I also know it will NOT attract much comments b/c it is not about se.x, celebrities dresses/marriages, music, & other issues. I m not against that tho.
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by gowaga68: 9:19am On Jun 08, 2010
was lil confuse too, but that does not mean MAMA GEE should be accused or something of that nature she's only trying to contribute to the house.

MAMA keep the work going. smiley
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Meldrick(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
porka:

Agriculture and Education enjoy zero interest facilities? WHERE? I hope this is not another poorly researched lazily presented Nollywood stuff.

I was beginning to wonder ooooo.
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by otukpo(f): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
;d
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by akpan1: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2010
cheesy i think she has a right to her opinion cry
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by whiteroses(f): 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2010
she needs to sit her funky ass down
Re: Joke Silva Confronts Sanusi Over High Lending Rates by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2010
hatch#:

[size=22pt]Mama Gee sometimes reminds me of a female version of Becomrich  undecided undecided
Both suffer from a disorder i can't seem to place  lipsrsealed[/size]

MAMA GEE don suffer chei!!

(1) (Reply)

UN House Bombing Was To Frustrate GEJ - CAN / Jonathan Unleashes New Campaign Slogan / My Christmas campaign check To Buhari campaign (PIC) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.