Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi (32147 Views)

Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video) / Erosion Swallows A Building In Nnewi Anambra State (Video) / These Houses In Ebute Metta Are Too Close To Each Other (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by omooba969(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

oga nnewi is equal to the task
They don't wait for government
but whenever they wants to do it fed will give order that it is their project
nnewi nwere mmadu
every project there is private owned and they build their internal roads themselves

nnewi is 101% percent far far I mean far better than ibadan

I laugh in Swahili. grin

Certainly you're clueless. cool

1 Like

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by omooba969(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
Federal should allow nnewi to tackle the issue but they have refused uptill today

Can you kindly expatiate on this claim biko?

1 Like

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Midastorch(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

U love nnewi but come dey talk nonsense on top...

the love there settles it.....atleast am not lying....

Bro, you don't compare Nnewi to Ibadan.....it can't be compared in land mass,structural faculties etc....I maintain my stance,Nnewi should be Capital of Anambra state whatever goes wrong I don't know....but it has what it takes compared to Awka that's only made up of Zik Avenue and Express...
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Midastorch(m): 8:24am On Jun 21, 2018
omooba969:

I laugh in Swahili. grin

Certainly you're clueless. cool
As in my brother....I won't use the word clueless on him,let me use naivety...
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Alkanoicacid(m): 8:30am On Jun 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
as far as is in igboland forget it buhari won't answer u
Just go and review your comments on that yesterday Ibadan thread.

1 Like

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Alkanoicacid(m): 8:30am On Jun 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
as far as is in igboland forget it buhari won't answer u
Just go and review your comments on that yesterday Ibadan thread.

1 Like

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by deboysben(m): 8:30am On Jun 21, 2018
Fifty houses kwa... Chai! bloggers like carrying fake news.
Although the erosion is growing but not to the extent of destroying 50 houses.
It's now official that not all news in this nairaland is 100% real.
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Sirdiq21: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2018
olaniputu:
shameless illiterate bigot Buhari is a terrorist Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
see this yoyoba man thunder na ur mate?... thunder fire Tinubu Amin Thunder Fire APC Amin
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2018
must they wait for the government and must gov't do everything. .I thought they say nnewi is the home of igbo business men and traders. . .why can't they come together and do something. .what about ifeanyi uba and his capital oil. .what about the nnewi development unions. . .this is time to act and stop lamenting about one govt forget you since 30 yrs or not
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Nnewi have more than 2 terrible erosion sites plus threatening areas. APGA led govt of obi and obiano left it unattended to. Everything is not Buhari cuz he is the best so far. Proudly from Nnewi
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Fineyemo: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2018
this post seems very typical...... How can you report that erosion affected 50 houses and you can't even present a single photograph of a damaged house! I tire for my people o. this post seems very typical...... How can you report that erosion affected 50 houses and you can't even present a single photograph of a damaged house! I tire for my people o.
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Nnewi have more than 2 terrible erosion sites plus threatening areas. APGA led govt of obi and obiano left it unattended to. Everything is not Buhari cuz he is the best so far. Proudly from Nnewi.
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by HomeOfMe(f): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2018
edunwablog:
Residents of Ekwuru community, 100 Foot Road between Okpuno-Uzodike and Okpuno-Egbu, Nnewi, Anambra State are living in perpetual fear over a dreaded erosion site that has already destroyed more than fifty buildings in the area.

Palace Secretary of Uruagu community leader under whose domain the problem is raging, Prince Obi Nwabufo told our reporter that the ecological problem has been there for the past 30 years with the erosion eating the site slowly but steadily until now that it has swallowed series of buildings and some lives lost.

“Most of our people have lost their residential houses, farmlands and other belongings to the erosion menace. That you were told over 50 buildings have been destroyed by the erosion is not an exaggeration counting from when the problem started. It is more than that. The erosion has been there for over 30 years and despite several appeals made to the government nothing has been done about it. It has been all promises. All the buildings around there are all gone and many are still under threat. Government should do something about it and urgently, too before we become internally displaced since it is advancing to sack us. We are begging,” Prince Nwabufo said.

One of the elders of the community, Innocent Azubuike said he returned from the North East of Nigeria to start life afresh after his livelihood had been devastated by the Boko Haram insurgents only to discover that all his farm lands had been washed away by the erosion.

Newson9ja learnt that a culvert was built around the site during President Ibrahim Babangida’s military regime which was the government presence that could be found around the erosion site since it started. And obviously the erosion is fast moving towards the popular multibillionaire Nkwo Nnewi motorcycles market. The market is only a f

ew metres away from the site. A couple of residential buildings were seen helplessly standing around the edges of the erosion site which may not survive another round of rainy season.

A school proprietor, Mr Ibenezim Stephen whose school is almost consumed by the erosion menace explained that it was during President Babangida’s administration through the then Finance Minister, Chief Chu Okongwu that the erosion was controlled by an engineering company.

“After the attempt to control it that time, people started excavating sand, iron and other scraps at the site and that continued without being checked. We have complained to local, State and Federal governments about what is happening there, yet non of them has come to our rescue while the erosion continues to eat deep down the site,” he complained.

Mr Stephen noted that the community members had before it got out of their control spent a lot of money trying to fight it, planting giant bamboo trees, all to no avail. He said that each time it rained people living around the site would be afraid of the unknown.

“Not quite long ago, two brothers going to market fell into the erosion gully and died. There was a case of another pregnant woman who fell into the site with her bike and died. We are not talking about the number of buildings already destroyed and the occupants displaced and devastated. The erosion has already caused a lot of havoc,” he recounted.

Mr Stephen appealed to the Federal Ministry of Works and Anambra State Ministry of Environment to come and at least verify the cry of the community members before it becomes too late.

more photos at http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/photos-30yrs-erosion-menace-swallows.html[b][/b]
As far as this govt is concerned, igbos you're on your own. I hear there are many wealthy men from Nnewi. They better take their destiny in their hands,and make the governor support them so they can rescue their land,because if Ignore I'm afraid there'd be nothing like igboland in the near future.
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by skales67(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2018
After the attempt to control it that time, people started excavating sand, iron and other scraps at the site and that continued without being checked. We have complained to local, State and Federal governments about what is happening there, yet non of them has come to our rescue while the erosion continues to eat deep down the site,” he complained.

Sometimes, people are actually the cause of their own problems.

1 Like

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by ezebunafo(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Bloggers always throwing spaghetti on the wall to know if it will stick, your report is fake, I have search for the news online and such didn't happen, please can you provide us with credible source on this report
lol u re the one thats is getting it wrong any nnewi indigine or whoever knows uruagu will attest to that we always dread to pass their whenever its raining the story is absolute true
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by idonhammer: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Igbo Ama.....

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by teepain: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2018
frowland:

Please erosion is wholely a Federal Govermnent matter and NOT state. That is how uninformed most of you are.

Erosion is an ecological issue. I am wondering about why governors collect ecological funds from FG only to fritter it away.

And these governors have been collecting ecological funds since 1999 without anything to show for it.

I think that the FG should probe how this ecological funds has been spent in all states from 1999 till date. It was the diversion of ecological funds that costed Dariye his freedom.
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by perdollar(m): 11:38am On Jun 21, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
OVER 19 YEARS OF APGA/ PDP RULE IN THAT STATE

COMMON EROSION CAN'T BE RESOLVED

SHAME ON THE POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTIES

#PMB1523
look at ds scalawag almajiri from Niger republic DT came to Nigerian bc he is tired of eating stone n sand, a popular delicacy in d poverty stricken region. I bet u who has only 5000# wt ur mobile bag containing all u av on earth in ur life is d richest man in ur country. I assure u DT u WL die d wretch u r!
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by Taiwo20(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2018
It gave you 30 years to take a decisive action.....yet nothing was done.
Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by TundeBricklayer: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
DAntivirus:
The land of the rising sun grin

I guess the sun must have crash landed here to form the gully grin

koboko69:
Portorportor.

seyizma:
And these generation of pigs had the gut to yarb the South west because of flood in Ibadan yesterday.

See dirtie everywhere. Bunch of arrogant hypocritical chestbeaters

ORIENTATION101:
Poto poto republicgrin

Yours is worst

Land of Oduduwa is also blessed with Gully erosion, flood, earthquake etc

Re: Photos: 30yrs Erosion Menace Swallows Over 50 Houses In Nnewi by mrLhanray(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
edunwablog:
Residents of Ekwuru community, 100 Foot Road between Okpuno-Uzodike and Okpuno-Egbu, Nnewi, Anambra State are living in perpetual fear over a dreaded erosion site that has already destroyed more than fifty buildings in the area.

Palace Secretary of Uruagu community leader under whose domain the problem is raging, Prince Obi Nwabufo told our reporter that the ecological problem has been there for the past 30 years with the erosion eating the site slowly but steadily until now that it has swallowed series of buildings and some lives lost.

“Most of our people have lost their residential houses, farmlands and other belongings to the erosion menace. That you were told over 50 buildings have been destroyed by the erosion is not an exaggeration counting from when the problem started. It is more than that. The erosion has been there for over 30 years and despite several appeals made to the government nothing has been done about it. It has been all promises. All the buildings around there are all gone and many are still under threat. Government should do something about it and urgently, too before we become internally displaced since it is advancing to sack us. We are begging,” Prince Nwabufo said.

One of the elders of the community, Innocent Azubuike said he returned from the North East of Nigeria to start life afresh after his livelihood had been devastated by the Boko Haram insurgents only to discover that all his farm lands had been washed away by the erosion.

Newson9ja learnt that a culvert was built around the site during President Ibrahim Babangida’s military regime which was the government presence that could be found around the erosion site since it started. And obviously the erosion is fast moving towards the popular multibillionaire Nkwo Nnewi motorcycles market. The market is only a f

ew metres away from the site. A couple of residential buildings were seen helplessly standing around the edges of the erosion site which may not survive another round of rainy season.

A school proprietor, Mr Ibenezim Stephen whose school is almost consumed by the erosion menace explained that it was during President Babangida’s administration through the then Finance Minister, Chief Chu Okongwu that the erosion was controlled by an engineering company.

“After the attempt to control it that time, people started excavating sand, iron and other scraps at the site and that continued without being checked. We have complained to local, State and Federal governments about what is happening there, yet non of them has come to our rescue while the erosion continues to eat deep down the site,” he complained.

Mr Stephen noted that the community members had before it got out of their control spent a lot of money trying to fight it, planting giant bamboo trees, all to no avail. He said that each time it rained people living around the site would be afraid of the unknown.

“Not quite long ago, two brothers going to market fell into the erosion gully and died. There was a case of another pregnant woman who fell into the site with her bike and died. We are not talking about the number of buildings already destroyed and the occupants displaced and devastated. The erosion has already caused a lot of havoc,” he recounted.

Mr Stephen appealed to the Federal Ministry of Works and Anambra State Ministry of Environment to come and at least verify the cry of the community members before it becomes too late.

more photos at http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/photos-30yrs-erosion-menace-swallows.html[b][/b]

this is serious. An impending Mudslide may occur soon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Storey Building Collapsed At Kakawa, Lagos Island / Plots Of Land @ Platinum Regal Estate (near Isheri North) Nigeria (Wit Pictures) / The Making Of The "White Penthouse" In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.