Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa (7636 Views)

Coca-cola Finally Acquires Chi Ltd / Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank / Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by actiondrilling: 1:53am On Jun 21, 2018
Truecaller, a global company that offers unique services like spam detection, messaging and more, has acquired Chillr, a payment company in India, just as it eyes the sub-Sahara Africa’s mobile payment space for more acquisition.

Last year in March, Truecaller had announced its foray into the digital payments segment in India. The company has now announced a strategic investment into the payment space by acquiring Chillr, India’s first multi-bank payments app that was launched in 2014 to further boost growth.

According to Truecaller Co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Nami Zarringhalam, “since launching Truecaller Pay in India in 2017, we have seen an increasing number of use cases to make the lives of our users in India easier. We see a lot of synergies and growth patterns in Sub-Sahara Africa, therefore we think it make sense to explore the digital payment space more seriously.”

With the launch of Truecaller Pay 2.0, the company has brought banking and payments features to the forefront of its app, and in the coming months Truecaller is planning on rolling out credit and other financial services to the masses in a mobile-first way in India. The company is now looking at ways to enter the payment space in sub-Sahara Africa.

Earlier this year, Truecaller opened up its first office in Nairobi to expand in sub-Sahara Africa and recruited Zakaria Hersi as Director of Partnerships for Africa. In his position, Zakaria has been spearheading Truecaller’s expansion in the region and forging partnerships with various eco-system players.

Truecaller started as a caller ID and spam blocking app for smartphones. But over the years, it has transformed to a full fledge communication app and has become one of the fastest growing consumer apps in Africa and has consistently been topping the App Store Charts across the continent.

People use Truecaller to stay ahead. It helps them know who is getting in touch, filter out unwanted calls and SMS, and focus on what really matters. The company provides a suite of unique services such as a dialer that offers caller ID, spam detection, messaging and more. Truecaller’s mission is to build trust everywhere by making communication safe and efficient.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/truecaller-acquires-indian-payment.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by Pabloosas(m): 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
4. wink
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by danemenike: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Good
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by val15: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Lovejy
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by benjamin007: 7:06am On Jun 21, 2018
Useless advertisement app

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by EddieCAD(m): 7:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by Alejoc(m): 7:08am On Jun 21, 2018
They have gather enough of our data for free to see the true market

10 Likes

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by OBTMOS(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2018
[left][/left]jb
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by DAntivirus: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2018
End time app...

this days, nobody is safe anymore
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by Alphasoar(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2018
Keep acquiring people's details...
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by chigoziri2403(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2018
Truecaller should pay its users cos without end users uploading their data and contacts to their servers, the app is as good as useless

Though I enjoy when I use truecaller to tell people their name, they will be like are you a Wizard�

3 Likes

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by teckmore(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2018
Ayam not understanding o
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by mmb(m): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2018
benjamin007:
Z
Z is for zebra
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by CSTR1003: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Nigeria is never the first point of call for any serious company.

It is either Kenya, Ethiopia or South Africa.

Our population is a waste.

2 Likes

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by Speakdatruth: 7:39am On Jun 21, 2018
The app is cool but recent updates shows they're doing too much. I almost uninstalled it. Its response seem very sluggish. With acquiring a payment company, I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by iAlex(m): 7:42am On Jun 21, 2018
This app will steal all info about you without prior notice! Phishing app. This is why it was banned in Russia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by calculator123(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2018
I dont like the app.
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by Robisky001(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2018
CSTR1003:
Nigeria is never the first point of call for any serious company.

It is either Kenya, Ethiopia or South Africa.

Our population is a waste.
Political instability couple with security issues I guess. Every serious businessman wants his investment in a peaceful and friendly environment and not in a hostile one.

1 Like

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by spiritedtete: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2018
iAlex:
This app will steal all info about you without prior notice! Phishing app.
This is why it was banned in Russia.

Except you have no smart phone... every app on your phone has your info. Starting with Google.

3 Likes

Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by LORDI(m): 8:42am On Jun 21, 2018
Please they should come to Nigeria to acquire one of our payment app,....we have alot of growing IT business here, poor funding is what limits them
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by iAlex(m): 8:57am On Jun 21, 2018
spiritedtete:

Except you have no smart phone... every app on your phone has your info. Starting with Google.

So you mean all the apps on my phone shares my phone number even to people I don't know??
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by CSTR1003: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2018
Robisky001:
Political instability couple with security issues I guess. Every serious businessman wants his investment in a peaceful and friendly environment and not in a hostile one.
It is a shame.

In every continent of the world, the biggest economy and population is usually the first point of call for any major investment into that continent.

it is a shame that Nigeria has been punching below its weight over issues that should have been resolved.

We are not ready to solve the issue of unemployment yet.
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by barragan: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2018
I totally dislike Truecaller.
Re: Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa by barragan: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Hello fellow Espada. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Keke Spare Parts And Motorcycle Spareparts / Indomie 1 Carton Indomie Noodles-hungry Man Size - (24 Packs X 210g) ₦ 2,000 / Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.