Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Entertainment Hub - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Entertainment Hub (6719 Views)

How I Became Successful In The Entertainment Industry--julius Agwu / My Tv/movie Hub / How To Hit Stardom In The Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 21, 2018
This is a place for snap MOVIE and TV SERIES reviews as well as random facts, and things happening in the entertainment world. Let's get this show on the road, shall we? smiley
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Baby Driver

So, I finally watched Baby Driver , and I gotta say, this is one hell of a ride. It's the perfect amalgram of action and music. The action sequences were really entertaining, and the music was superb. The story is solid despite some holes here and there. From the getgo, it's apparent that it's going to be a fast paced getaway film, and it delivered. Overall, it was a good fun movie.

- Premise: 9/10
- Plotlines: 7/10
- Writing: 8/10
- Acting: 6/10
- Visuals: 8/10
- Soundtrack: 9/10

Overall Score: 7.8/10

1 Like

Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2018
The Foreigner

Okay. This is completely different from what I gleaned on the trailer. I went in fully expecting to see some overflogged cliche of an Asian man going on a Kunfu spree and taking down some bad guys, but was pleasantly surprised. The movie was better than I expected. The plot could be better, but the pacing, direction and performances were on point. The movie managed to sustain a tense atmosphere throughout, thanks largely to a sparse soundtrack, which in itself is kind of weird, because, The Foreigner is short on action. Overall, I enjoyed it for what it is. It's nothing spectacular, but far from a disappointment. Jackie Chan still got it.

- Premise: 7/10
- Plot: 6/10
- Writing: 7/10
- Acting: 9/10
- Choreograph: 7/10
- Costume: 7/10
- Editing: 7/10

Overall Score: 7.2/10

1 Like

Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2018
Molly's Game

I get that it's a true story and all, but the dialogue style, constant close-ups and montage made for a very predictable movie. I felt that it was trying to tell a story but without the compelling factor, which invariably made the movie meander longer than it should have. Overall, I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, just that it has too much dead air and needed to be a bit tighter with editing. An interesting watch, nevertheless.

- Premise: 7/10
- Plot: 7/10
- Writing: 7/10
- Acting: 8/10
- Visuals: 7/10
- Dialogue 6/10
- Editing: 6/10
- Directing: 7/10

Overall Score: 6.9/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2018
The Titan

Okay. I'm not gonna beat about the bush. I'm just gonna come out and say this. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. The entire premise made no sense to me. Then, the plot... Jesus. There is no twist, there is no story, but an entirety of 90 minutes wasted in humdrum montage. The only things the movie had going for it is the acting and visual effects. Is is worth a one time watch? Maybe. Is it a smart sci-fi? Absolutely not. Mediocre.

- Premise: 4/10
- Plot: 4/10
- Effects: 8/10
- Acting : 8/10
- Dialogue: 4/10
- Writing: 5/10
- Casting: 7/10
- Soundtracks: 5/10

Overall Score: 5.6/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 21, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War

I will be the first to admit that I went in expecting to be underwhelmed. I was worried that with so many characters and plotlines, this could be a recipe for a hot mess, but man, I've never felt so glad to be wrong. I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about it: The puns were amazing, the visual effects were the best I've seen since time immemorial, and the deaths... all are masterfully crafted . It was long, but never felt long, no dead time, not an ounce of a second wasted in this movie. And Thanos... Good God. A very freshed out villain isn't something very common in superhero movies. Thanos is a breath of fresh air. Overall, it's as great as hyped, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would watch again when it's out on Blu-Ray.

- Effects: 9/10
- Editing: 9/10
- Dialogue: 8/10
- Casting: 9/10
- Costume: 8/10

Overall Score: 8.5/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
Deadpool 2

It did not quite lived up to the original but I like that it did some new things. Overall, it's a fun ride that quite a few times felt like the remnant of a better movie.

- Writing: 6/10
- Acting: 7/10
- Soundtrack: 6/10
- Casting: 8/10
- Costume: 7/10

Overall score: 7/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
Rampage

First, I gotta give props to the visual effects, that sh*t is top-notch. Whenever the animals were doing their thing, the illusion is complete and fervently thrilling. Alas, a whole movie cannot be hinged on awesome CGIs alone. Rampage at a point, grew very exhausting, and I couldn't help but wish the whole thing to come to an end sooner than later. Overall, it's a thrilling mindless, cheesy dialogue garnished CGI adventure. If you're into that sort of thing, you'd probably find it very entertaining, but if you want more in a movie, it's in your best interest to stay the f**k away.

- Premise - 5/10
- Writing - 5/10
- Plotlines - 5/10
- Acting - 5/10
- Visuals - 7/10
- Costume - 7/10
- Directing - 6/10
- Effects - 9/10

Overall score: 6/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

The plot is meh. The characters don't really have all that much to do besides running for their lives, or hatching ludicrous evil plans, and even more ludicrous decisions involving gigantic, living death machines. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie at all, but it's not a great one either. Overall, if you like the franchise, and enjoyed the first one, you'll probably dig this one too.

- Plot: 5/10
- Writing: 6/10
- Dialogue: 6/10
- Editing: 7/10
- Acting: 6/10

Overall Score: 6.5/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
- 9. Walter White (Breaking Bad)

He poisoned a kid, murdered dozens of people to protect his empire, allowed his best friend's girlfriend to die in front of him to protect his investment. He continously lied to his wife and brother-in-law, directly leading to his BIL's near death several times and severe ptsd/trauma. He teamed up with neo-nazis to expand his drug empire, he bullied and manipulated his only friends to get them to do what he wants. Basically he's the ultimate old white guy power trip. He thinks he's entitled to all this acclaim and power and reverence by virtue of his brilliant mind and sharp insight: but ultimately destroys everything good in his life over sheer ego.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
- 8. Arthur Mitchell (Dexter)

Possibly the most prolific and successful serial killer in fictional Television by kill counts (267 victims). Between the discovery of his killings, and the discovery of his identity, he was dubbed The Trinity Killer, due to the theory that his kill-cycle involved three murder rituals. Damn!
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
The Titan

Okay. I'm not gonna beat about the bush. I'm just gonna come out and say this. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. The entire premise made no sense to me. Then, the plot... Jesus. There is no twist, there is no story, but an entirety of 90 minutes wasted in humdrum montage. The only things the movie had going for it is the acting and visual effects. Is is worth a one time watch? Maybe. Is it a smart sci-fi? Absolutely not. Mediocre.

- Premise: 4/10
- Plot: 4/10
- Acting : 8/10
- Dialogue: 4/10
- Writing: 5/10
- Casting: 7/10
- Soundtracks: 5/10

Overall Score: 5.6/10

Sam Worthington. Dunno what happened. He was looking to be the next action hero, and then he just fizzled.

2 Likes

Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
oyb:

Sam Worthington. Dunno what happened. He was looking to be the next action hero, and then he just fizzled.

Sam Worthington is perhaps the blandest actor alive. grin
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 22, 2018
- 7. Marlo Stanfield (The Wire)

He is driven by the desire for totalitarian power. He orderes murders for very trivial reasons (not that their are good ones) like the guard at the convinient store who caught him stealing a sweet. He killed people for any perceived slight or provocation. He caused the homicide count in Baltimore to go to the hundreds.

1 Like

Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2018
- 6. Elizabeth Jennings (The Americans

She is a ruthless ideologue, a stone cold killer, and will do anything to anybody to further her cause. And it's not like she's a torturer or enjoys pain. It's the emotional punch of all her decisions - you get this awful stomach drop when she's ruining peoples lives and families. The thing I like appreciate most about Elizabeth's character is that she can say what she does is "to make the world a better place" and not mean something bland and generic. It's not some general "saving people thing", it's a specific ideology that means so much to her, so deeply rooted. A true believer.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2018
- 5. Dexter Morgan (Dexter)

The most prolific and successful serial killer in fictional Television by survival (was never caught). Dexter is a psychopath and even though he limit his kills to other "bad guys", his motivation is completely selfish. He doesn't kill to punish the wicked but to satisfy his desires. When he screws up, and kill a wrong person, it doesn't upset him that he killed someone that didn't deserve to die, rather, that he made a mistake. It's his vanity and pride that are hurt. Basically, Dexter is not interested in being moral, he is interested in getting away with murder.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
**Anti-spambot hid the original post, thus I am forced to repost**

Top 10 Most Vile Villains In TV History

Ask the average viewer to conjure up their idea of a TV villain, their answers might vary because villains come in many forms: charismatic, malevolent, secretive, etc. As the saying goes, some stories are only as good as their villains. If that’s true, then these must be the best shows on television right now. While the sheer number of television series currently in production gives us plenty of candidates vying for consideration, I'll be looking at the worst of the worst. So, let the villainy commence!

- 10. Killgrave (Jessica Jones)

It’s weird, despite all the despicable things he’s done, I struggle to call Kilgrave evil. When you grow up in a world where literally anything you say will be followed to the utmost extent, it’s impossible to develop a moral compass or learn to empathize with people. Kilgrave is basically a sociopath who's incapable of processing the idea that he's a bad person. He sees himself as a victim, and in some sense it's true that some really bad stuff happened to him. But he's too self-absorbed to see past that.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2018
4. Herr Starr (Preacher)

The most feared man in The Grail (A secret organization dedicated to keeping the bloodline of Jesus Christ intact), Starr is the Sacred Executioner, the sword of the Allfather. With his grating voice and his scarred face, he is the threat of the Grail's power in human form. Whenever the Grail needs to put pressure on a state or on a leader, Starr is the one who pay them a visit, and when someone needs to be silenced, Starr silence them.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
##
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
AMC Renews The Terror for Season 2, To be set in WWII Japanese Internment Camp. Great news! Really enjoyed the first installment.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
The CW has ordered a fresh 20 episode of which is to be the 14th season of f**kin Supernatural. This f**kers just need to stop already. Jeez.

1 Like

Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2018
Hereditary

Thought it was pretty good. I wont lie, I got pretty scared a few times, but a few minor things kinda took me out of the moment a few times. The simple truth is that this is one of the iciest, creepiest supernatural thrillers in quite some time. Overall, a great horror as horror goes. Got my money's worth.

- Premise: 8/10
- Plotlines: 8/10
- Soundtracks: 8/10
- Effects: 7/10
- Editing; 8/10
- Directing: 8/10

Overall Score: 8/10
Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
The 2018 Emmy nomination list is out finally.

BEST COMEDY ACTRESS
- Pamela Adlon (“Better Things”)
- Rachel Brosnahan (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”)
- Allison Janney (“Mom)
- Issa Rae (“Insecure”)
- Tracee Ellis Ross (“black-ish”)
- Lily Tomlin (“Grace & Frankie”)

This is a tough one to call. All the players are veterans at the top of their game, but I gotta say Rachel Brosnahan is a cut above the rest. Her comic delivery in The Marvelous Mrs Maisel was very stellar indeed. I think she will nick it.

BEST COMEDY ACTOR
- Anthony Anderson (“black-ish”)
- Ted Danson (“The Good Place”)
- Larry David (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”)
- Donald Glover (“Atlanta”)
- Bill Hader (“Barry”)
- William H. Macy (“Shameless”)

If you haven't heard about William H. Macy by now, maybe you should start watching Shameless. He brought the amoral, alcoholic and utterly shameless "Frank Gallagher" character to life to the point that an average fan would be hard pressed in deciphering where William the actor ceased, and Frank the character commenced (and vice versa). Ted Danson, Bill Hader, and Donald Glover are all worthy contenders, but I think William Macy will nick it in the end.

BEST DRAMA ACTOR
- Jason Bateman (“Ozark”)
- Sterling K. Brown (“This Is Us”)
- Ed Harris (“Westworld”)
- Matthew Rhys (“The Americans”)
- Milo Ventimiglia (“This Is Us”)
- Jeffrey Wright (“Westworld”)

Okay, this is the toughest one so far. All the contenders were spectacular and deserve to win, so I'm gonna have to go with my personal bias. I hope Mathew Rhys wins this category, because his portrayal of " Phillip Jennings", a Russian spy hiding in plain sight is a role not every actor can execute flawlessly. Only a very talented actor with considerable acting depth and screen charisma would have brought the role to life the way the audience wanted, and for 6 consecutive seasons at that. He deserves it jare.

BEST DRAMA ACTRESS
- Claire Foy (“The Crown”)
- Tatiana Maslany (“Orphan Black”)
- Elisabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)
- Sandra Oh (“Killing Eve”)
- Keri Russell (“The Americans”)
- Evan Rachel Wood (“Westworld”)

My personal bias wanna say "Keri Russel", but my smart money is on Claire Foy. She delivered an acting masterclass in The Crown that surpasses all other contenders. She's gonna nick this.

BEST TV MOVIE/MINISERIES ACTOR
- Antonio Banderas (“Genius: Picasso”)
- Darren Criss (“The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (“Patrick Melrose”)
- Jeff Daniels (“The Looming Tower”)
- John Legend (“Jesus Christ Superstar”)
- Jesse Plemons (“USS Callister”)

I call this even long before the list came out today. It's an easy one. This category is Benedict Cumberbatch 's to lose. None of the competition comes close.

BEST MOVIE/MINI ACTRESS
- Laura Dern (“The Tale”)
- Jessica Biel (“The Sinner”)
- Michelle Dockery (“Godless”)
- Edie Falco (“The Menendez Murders”)
- Regina King (“Seven Seconds”)
- Sarah Paulson (“American Horror Story: Cult”)

I used to have a soft crush on "Michelle Dockery", and it wouldn't hurt to pick her as my winner since she was pretty good in Godless , but my better judgement know that there are better actresses on that list. I'm gonna have to go with Jessica Biel. She's phenomenal in The Sinners. I don't particularly care for her face, but her character in that miniseries was so compelling that I found myself rooting for her throughout even though I don't like her. I think she's gonna win, but then again, "Laura Dern" might just surprise everyone.

BEST REALITY COMPETITION SERIES
- “The Amazing Race”
- “American Ninja Warrior”
- “Project Runway”
- “RuPaul’s Drag Race”
- “Top Chef”
- “The Voice”

I don't watch reality tv all that much. As a music lover, my default pick would be "The Voice", but there's been a lot of buzz surrounding RuPaul's Drag Race lately, thus, my smart money is on it.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by DiggITnetwork: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
I absolutely disagree with you for some of your winners especially the best comedy actor...Donald glover in Atlanta is so goona "nick this one". This series is one of the new category of comedy with a plot arc that can mess up ur mind.don't get me wrong Macy is absolutely friggen brilliant with Frank Gallagher but sadly his time has pass and the recent new development of the new Father Francis is not helping (we are so used to alcoholic and useless frank)....
But let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: The Entertainment Hub by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2018
DiggITnetwork:
I absolutely disagree with you for some of your winners especially the best comedy actor...Donald glover in Atlanta is so goona "nick this one". This series is one of the new category of comedy with a plot arc that can mess up ur mind.don't get me wrong Macy is absolutely friggen brilliant with Frank Gallagher but sadly his time has pass and the recent new development of the new Father Francis is not helping (we are so used to alcoholic and useless frank)....
But let's wait and see.

I disagree that Macy's time has passed. His portrayal of Frank last season was one of his best yet, and it didn't go unnoticed. I don't really see Donald Glover as the closest competitor, "Bill Hader" was far more dynamic in Barry, and he's my 2nd favorite to win this category.
Re: The Entertainment Hub by DiggITnetwork: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Please don't spam my thread again with this nonsense virus ridden link of yours.

annoying persons, now where were we.....
Yes,I just Googled Barry just now and I was shocked to see the series has just barely entered into it's mid season. Don't fall my hand in this line of argument that I am so pinching my self not to go into but I think you are worth it( u know about films than most guys here,ur series recommendations are worthy).
First, if you notice this is the first time a modern family character did not enter this category which means comedy is something that fans must grow into before it can even earn a nomination not to now talk of winning it.Atlanta season 2 hype was mad crazy unexpected cos we the non shouting original fans of it did not think people would not like the way Donald did the whole series and was kinda praying for a renewal and when the second season premier was announced we did not expect the anticipation frenzy it got. Unlike Barry who you did not even expect to get a nomination cos people do not know about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Empire : Season 2 Episode 2 Download Link / Download 13 (thirteen) – Nigerian Movies 2017 / Where Has Dbn Gone To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.