Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,998 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Instagram Launches IG TV: 4 Things To Do Now - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Instagram Launches IG TV: 4 Things To Do Now (503 Views)

11 Things To Know About 3MTT Program / Philips Smart Tv 4 Sale / SOLD ...SOLD Original LG 32" LED Tv 4 Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Launches IG TV: 4 Things To Do Now by naijawhist: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2018

Instagram has launched IG TV, a new feature that lets you create long form videos on the photo and video sharing platform. Instead of the usual 1 minute videos, Instagram users can now upload videos that are as long as 1 hour to the app.

While making the announcement via it's official blog, the social media giant also revealed that they're now 1 billion people on the app globally. This signifies a huge oppurtunity and is really good news for young Nigerian creatives, business owners and even smart corporate organizations.

Did you miss out on the Youtube wave? Congratulations you're not late this time around. Here's what to do now so you don't miss out on the new IG TV wave.

1. Create your own channel
In my experience as a brand and digital strategist for the past 6 years I have observed that the early mover advantage in social media is a great advantage. When you're among the first set of people to create a profile on a new social networking website or app and continually use it, your profile or channel grows as the social networking site grows.

Linda Ikeji was one of the first people to start blogging in Nigeria. By the time blogging became mainstream, LIB had become so big it is now very hard to catch up with her. Truth be told, Linda isn't doing anything special. She just has the early mover advantage.

(N.B): I worked for Linda for a few months. I started and ran Linda Ikeji Music, had my articles published on LIB and also produced the Buzz'r TV show on Linda Ikeji TV.

2. Stay consistent with your IG TV Channel
This has happened to me in the past. A few years after Linda Ikeji started her blog, I also started a music and entertainment blog called Naija Whistle. In fact my blog was doing fine. I was already getting advertisers offering between $100 - $400 to do a sponsored post on my blog. But guess what. After running the blog for a few years, I became bored and abandoned it. A few years after I abandoned the blog, entertainment blogging became a big deal in Nigeria. People like Laila came up and stayed consistent in the niche and boom news/gossip/celebrity/music blogging is paying them big time. They're cashing out. This was way way before people like Instablog9ja or Lasisi Elenu came into the scene.

What am I trying to say? If you create an Instagram TV channel, you have to stay consistent with it. Even if it seems like no one is watching your channel, you only loose when you give up on it. Remember, this is a marathon and not a sprint. You should play the game for the long run.

I recently read an article by Sam Ovens where he said the success he is enjoying today is as a result of the work he did 1-3 years ago. Consistency pays.

I recently read an article by Sam Ovens where he said the success he is enjoying today is as a result of the work he did 1-3 years ago.
3. Create or curate good content

If you’re creating an Instagram TV channel now, you have to really put out good content. Before you put out anything on your TV channel, ask yourself do I love this? Are people going to love this? Only share content when you say yes to those 2 questions about that content.

4. Share your IG TV channel outside of Instagram
In order to grow your channel, people have to know about you. Why not share your Instagram channel on other online channels like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Nairaland, etc. The internet isn't the only place to share your channel. You can also share your channel offline as well. Print stickers and place inside danfo, BRT, Keke Marwa (Napep) etc.

Source: http://delurgeconsulting.com/blog/instagram-ig-tv-what-to-do/
Re: Instagram Launches IG TV: 4 Things To Do Now by Turks: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
YouTube is about to get kicked in the butt

1 Like

Re: Instagram Launches IG TV: 4 Things To Do Now by Donald3d(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
Cool
Re: Instagram Launches IG TV: 4 Things To Do Now by Opistorincos(m): 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
Turks:
YouTube is about to get kicked in the butt

The same YouTube with Google written all over it, I doubt they'd be out of business anytime soon

(1) (Reply)

Clean Hp Laptop For Sell / MTN Set To Spoil Market For SME Data Sharers / Neatly Used Laptop For Sale 55k Give Away For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.