Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,695 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53857 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

whats this one talking about?
his job is to fight Kung fu onthe field

@tkb417

Bros abeg help me ask am-o.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2010
Remember the guy the scored the own goal for Colombia?

andreas escobar!!!
he was shot in the head in Bogota!

Kaita shd thank his stars we are not allowed to carry guns grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ranoscky(m): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2010
@medjai can u pls give me one xcuss why d coach is faulty?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Krayola(m): 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

andreas escobar!!!
he was shot in the head in Bogota!

Kaita shd thank his stars we are not allowed to carry guns grin grin grin

grin grin

honeric01:

Is it because he's white or what is going on here?

U sabi any formation or tactics wey include kung fu?

Going a man down is a big disadvantage. More so when a team was put together in less than a month, to play against others that have been together for years under the same management. Maybe Kaita wasn't 100% responsible for the loss, but his conduct significantly reduced our chances of getting a favorable result.

I feel sorry for the guy sha. He has to live in exile till further notice if we don't qualify.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by westpumpin(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
super eagles are now super chickens
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ranoscky(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2010
Anything wey una like make una call dem but i still support dem till the end.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by SisiKill1: 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
[Quote]I get it very well. You and I are on opposite sides of the fence. You say there is a dearth of talent right now based on what statistics? The number of Nigerian Players playing in european clubs? Or what? Have you gone out scoouting for talent and found that there is a dearth of talent? I mean check am all the talents that Clemence westerhof discovered for USA 94 where they all playing for European clubs? The talent that won the first ever  FIFA U-17 World cup held in China in 1985 were some of them even playing for reputable clubsides in naija? My position is what happened to the mentality of grooming genuine talent at the youth level? There used to be inter- Secondary School competitions where clocal clubsides can go and scout for pprospective players for their clubs or even national team coaches especially at the U-17 level can go and scout for talent that would represent the country at the junior level and then start from there to ensure a steady progression to the U-20 national team and then eventually to the Super eagles. [B]The whole Gamut of talent hunting has not been exploited yet we are quick to say that there is a dearth of talent. Ah ah. I mean if anothe Jay jay and Kanu are going to be found it will come from seeking hidden talents in this way and they are there  I assure you. [/b]The problem is we have so detracted from what is right that it is now very difficult for the current generation to even trace out how things ought to be done. We are basically in Limbo and it is exemplified in statements like "there is a dearth of talent". I mean really that statement is based on what statistics? bearing in mind that modern day nigerian footballers who have found themselves in european clubs  may not have necessarily got there by shear astounding performances. Some have but not all. And we know that one thing leads to another, I know Kanu and Kanu knows Boris and Boris is a coach of a division 3 team somewhere in belgium can actually bring people over to play for clubs here in europe. To butress this point all those boys that won the 2007 U-17 World cup where are they now? [B] So it's not necessarily by ability that people go to europe my brother so if you have based your talent count on the availability of players in European clubsides who are actually making waves, then you need to count again because no be am. [/B][/quote]

Couldn't agree more, especially with the highlighted parts.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by chocoLove(f): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
You see guys, never underesteemate your competition,

You guys was saying Nigeria gonna do this and that as i read few days before the match and the results are different so,,,,

We wish the best to all the teams,

although nigeria has to catch up, shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 12:15am On Jun 19, 2010
omar22:

Any manager who is worth his socks would know that the most vulnerable time for a team to conceed a goal is when they ve just scored thats why managers jump up to and tell the players to get back and concentrate and stay focus,  1 minute after the Tunisia passed due to lack of concentration they score,  and thats how they equalised the first goal, but Amodu didnt show no concern, you would think his mind is a 1000 miles away from the game been played

Abeg, make we hear word joor, when we were also leading 1 : 0 yesterday before the red card, after the red card, what did your COACH do to make sure the 1 goal lead was maintained? can you provide us with an answer? what was the concern your COACH showed? Why didn't Largerback jump up to tell the players to get back and concentrate and stay focus? but Largerback didn't do anything worth mentioning, you would think his mind is a 1000 miles away from the game being played.

I just corrected you now, so bro, can you see yourself?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT YOU ARE ACCUSING AMODU FOR WITH WHAT LARGERBEER DID? undecided

tkb417:

and did i say we were better than Greece on the day?
NO: we were not because of a lotta of factors

same way UTD lost to Bayern after they were cruising at 3-0

same way Germany conceded a goal as soon they were a man down

when factors u cannot control happen, u lose

Kaitas factor is one major factor, the jabulani ball, the injuries to Taiwo and Echejile;
those were the reasons we were not good enuff on the day

Why una dey always look for excuse for Christ's sake, you were poorer and lacked no vision yesterday, so a team with a good plan and vision came and won, that's what happened, i have seen cases where a team with 1 man one down comes around to win their opponents, we all know that, why are you leaving out these positive ones while only concentrating on the ones you feel you can lash on?
  Remember Egypt 2009? Nigeria Vs Germany? what happened in that match?

Krayola:

grin grin

U sabi any formation or tactics wey include kung fu?

Going a man down is a big disadvantage. More so when a team was put together in less than a month, to play against others that have been together for years under the same management. Maybe Kaita wasn't 100% responsible for the loss, but his conduct significantly reduced our chances of getting a favorable result.

I feel sorry for the guy sha. He has to live in exile till further notice if we don't qualify.

Which team did he put together in less than a month?
was he forced to take up the job?
Didn't he know the time frame?
When he was given a target, didn't he accept?
Didn't he say the best players of the SE are not in the SE?
Didn't he say he knows the SE's problem?
What was his reaction after the red card?
How did he justify his $200,000 allowance with his subs yesterday?
In all truthfulness, Were you satisfied with the way he handled yesterday's match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ichommy(m): 12:53am On Jun 19, 2010
Cough,
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ranoscky(m): 6:39am On Jun 19, 2010
Y'all should stop criticising the coach cos y'all ain't gat prove!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2010
**sighs**
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by hollandis(f): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2010
hollandis:

Greece will whoop their silly assses.Bunch of foolish buffons
I prophesied this!!!! angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Pat4rmJos: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kaita should be banished from Nigerian Football Federation and his club. He has shown to the world at large that he is a ''Hausa'' man. ''Dan shegiya''!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2010
So I made N10,000 of the disappointing performance of the SE grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ifytess(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2010
SORRY EAGLETS COULD NOT WIN GERMANY ,EVEN WITH THERE INSULTIVE ALTITUDE FROM A HAUSA MAN grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by darknouiui: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2010
nawa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

Football Prophecy For 2016 / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 / Each Angola Player To Earn $9600 If They Beat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.