Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari (721 Views)

Niger: Boko Haram Has Taken Over Parts Of My State - Governor Sani Bello (Video) / Zabarmari: Boko Haram Has Addressed Nigerians While Buhari Hasn’t – Aisha Yesufu / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Jaisman26(m): 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has once again said the terrorist group Boko Haram has been degraded and is no longer in control of any part of Nigeria.

The President said this in Abuja, the nation’s capital, on Thursday at the 2018 World Congress of the International Press Institute, which had the theme ‘Why Good Journalism Matters’.

Addressing participants at the Congress which he attended with ministers and other top government officials, the President observed that the event is taking place during a tough period for the world.

“Your annual congress is holding in Nigeria during a period of global terrorism. Nigeria experiences that scourge through Boko Haram which has been technically degraded and has no territorial hold anywhere anymore in its North-East operational base,” he said.

After years of battling Boko Haram insurgents in the North East, the Federal Government has limited the attacks which extended to the nation’s capital at the height of the insurgency.

Beyond informing participants about the current state of the war against insurgency in the country, the President provided an update on recent developments in the North East.

“Internally displaced persons are gradually returning to their communities in reasonable safety and security,” he said.

Border Security

Government officials, including President Buhari, had partly blamed the influx of firearms into the country and the strength of Boko Haram during the peak of the insurgency to the Libyan crisis.

As a result, the Buhari administration which came to power promising to tackle security, fight corruption and boost the economy had taken some steps to tighten security around the border, including partnering with neighbouring countries.

The Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, who was also at the Congress, defended the government’s performance in tackling security challenges.

Although he said, there is still much to do as Nigeria cannot guarantee security along the borders on its own, the minister rated the efforts so far made by government excellent.

When asked to rate the performance of the Federal Government in checking Nigeria’s porous borders on a scale of one to 10, the minister rated the government a 10.

Dambazau said, “This is a difficult thing you are giving me because when you are talking about border security and management it involves so many things. That is one.

“Secondly, from what I have said, it isn’t something that is left to Nigeria alone. It is a regional problem that we are working very closely with our neighbouring countries on.

“In our own efforts, I will tell you 10/10.”

Source:Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari
Channels Television
Updated June 21, 2018.[b][/b]

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by sarrki(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Baba please the security challenges in Nigeria now is worrisome and fearful

This is the time to act

We don’t need verbal assurances

We need action

Seriously Baba I love you

But I might not vote you on this security challenges

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Not again ....

Earlier we heard they were "technically defeated" ..

Now this ...hmmmm there is God oooo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Ytea(f): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
They'll make them bomb a location now. It's talk like this that use to make BokoHaram vex.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
Yeah! Yet BH is not only holding places like Madagali, Dambao, Bunu Yadi but they're even giving the locals loans BH even dare the government by holding Eld-Filtri in Sambisa forest.Keep on deceiving yourself.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=sarrki post=68701474]Baba please the security challenges in Nigeria now is worrisome and fearful.This is the time to act.We don’t need verbal assurances.
We need action.Seriously Baba I love you,but I might not vote you on this security challenges [/quote]

Thought Buhari have achieved so much that election should be a walk over? Thou shall not wail but surely continue in thy servitude since anyone that expresses despair with the utter cluelessness of this evil government is a wailer right?
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by sarrki(m): 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
Paperwhite:
[quote author=sarrki post=68701474]Baba please the security challenges in Nigeria now is worrisome and fearful.This is the time to act.We don’t need verbal assurances.We need action.Seriously Baba I love you,but I might not vote you on this security challenges
Thought Buhari have achieved so much that election should be a walk over? Thou shall not wail but surely continue thy servitude since anyone that expresses despair with the utter cluelessness of this evil government is a wallet right?

It seems you didn’t get how it works around you

It’s my opinion

I have reason why I supported him

Like I said it’s my opinion

I don’t see him losing the election
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by xest(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ytea:
They'll make them bomb a location now. It's talk like this that use to make BokoHaram vex.
abi. How are u? I like u, let's b friends. Let's hook up on watsapp
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Ojiofor: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
Story...Buhari is a lying old man.
Is Sambisa forest in Egypt?
And there other teritories still under BH unreported.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by buhariguy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
Paperwhite:
Yeah! Yet BH is not only holding places like Madagali, Dambao, Bunu Yadi but they're even giving the locals loans BH even dare the government by holding Eld-Filtri in Sambisa forest.Keep on deceiving yourself.
Ojiofor:
Story...Buhari is a lying old man.
And there other teritories still under BH unreported.
No criminals, or terrorist is holding any territory, terrorist shekau is no where to be found,
Terrorist nnamdi KANU is no where to found
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Oladokunnnn(m): 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ojiofor:

exactly. where is BH defeated already is not 9ja. we need action not games.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Ojiofor: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:
[s]No criminals, or terrorist is holding any territory, terrorist shekau is no where to be found,
Terrorist nnamdi KANU is no where to found[/s]

Sorry,I refuse to engage a ter.rorist grin
I no call anybody name o maka ndi mod grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by zombieHUNTER: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
sarrki:

This is the time to act

We need action

Forget this buhari for once

He has nothing upstairs to offer

Nigerians are dying everyday ...do you want blood on your hands.. Please desist from singing his praise
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by zombieHUNTER: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:
No criminals, or terrorist is holding any territory, terrorist shekau is no where to be found,
Terrorist nnamdi KANU is no where to found

I don't know the zoo that let you escape
But you better go back there
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 11:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
And the lies continue grin grin if we call SamuelAnyawu here now he will burst this lie with facts
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:38am On Jun 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:
And the lies continue grin grin if we call SamuelAnyawu here now he will burst this lie with facts

Lol My brother sometimes i ask if this President is from Nigeria.

This Week my colleagues could not go to Gajiram and Tungushe because Bokoharam Ambushed and killed over 20 Soldiers on Monday. Bokoharam still controls over 60% Land mass here in Borno.

Yes the Nigeria Army controls all the Headquarters of the LGAs here, but controlling the capital of a LGA area does not mean you control the entire Local Government Area na.

The Worst Nightmare for any Soldier here in Borno is Moving from one Military Controlled Base/Village to another Military Base/Village by Road even with Gun trucks, especially if you come Across Mamman Nur and Al-Barnawi Faction of Bokoharam that Controls Borno North and Lake Chad Basin Area.... That faction ehnnnnnnn

Make i just keep shut shaaaaa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by philGeo(m): 3:44am On Jun 22, 2018
But MURIC and Fulani's herdsmen have.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by philGeo(m): 3:45am On Jun 22, 2018
But MU RIC have.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Preshy561(f): 3:52am On Jun 22, 2018
smelly old lying jihadist tongue.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by freeze001(f): 5:25am On Jun 22, 2018
This government and it's appointees are just plain dumb. How do u rate urself 10/10 when the border problems remain unsolved? Like all their operations and activities are 100%? So why are our borders still as porous as ever?
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by izzou(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2018
sarrki:

This is the time to act

We need action

People's account are being hacked daily

Mods, please do something

This isn't our Sarrki naa

Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by Omeokachie: 8:11am On Jun 22, 2018
Have they been totally defeated, partially defeated, or technically defeated?

Propaganda will only take you a few distance, but not the journey.
Re: Boko Haram Has No Territorial Hold Anywhere In Nigeria – Buhari by GMBuhari: 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
It's true Boko haram no longer flaunt armored tanks and RPGs , Buhari is doing his best, i voted change , not magic

(1) (Reply)

Press Release: NASS Siege: Saraki Has No Pact With Sacked DSS DG Daura -frank / Edo SACA, Ogbona Elites Forum Take Medical Outreach To Rural Communities / Full Text Of Kemi Adeosun Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.