Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Argentina Transgressed Against Israel—now They Have Been Disgraced. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Transgressed Against Israel—now They Have Been Disgraced. (1742 Views)

Maradona: "Teams No Longer Fear Argentina.. Nigeria Disgraced Us" / Messi's Hatrick Qualifies Argentina For Russia 2018 World Cup / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His Goal In Nigeria 3-2 Win Over Argentina In 1996 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Argentina Transgressed Against Israel—now They Have Been Disgraced. by blessedvisky(m): 6:40am On Jun 22, 2018
resurgent2019:

Calm down, you are taking things personal. Who told you I don’t call out the Hausas? I do when I can, fact is I see them as people that can’t be reasoned with. They are too violent.

About hating my own yoruba brothers who are Muslim, nothing can be farther from the truth. I admit I am caught up between being politically correct and the threats of extremism in our backyard. Unless we want to deceive ourselves, we have radical elements in yorubaland and the faster we uproot them, the better. People like ishaq oloyede, Prof. Akintola of Muric, the Barr. Shittu of Min. of Comm. are well known extremists who are tearing at the seams of Yoruba unity. You can’t expect us all to shut up and soak it in just to project an image of religious harmony. How long does it take an average Muslim to pick up bombs? We might say it won’t happen in yorubaland, but that’s what northerners were saying less than 10 years ago.

As Yorubas, we are obligated to call out extremism wherever it rears its ugly head in our land. In the aspect of tolerance, we have many muslims in yorubaland who are loved by all because they have been liberal, and inclusive in leadership:Tinubu, Fashola, Amosun, Ajimobi, Pa Akande and many, many more. I can’t hate Muslims because they are all around me, where will I run to if I instigate religious strife in yorubaland?

As for the allegations of siding with Igbos when they show hate to our Muslim brethren, I admit I have had moments of indiscretion, which is largely due to the way some of our Muslim brother display fanatical and cult like supper Buhari and APC just because of faith. They have abrogated to themselves the duty to mow down and subjugate Nigerians of other faith just because they think a fellow Muslim is in power. This is why it seems the igbos are making inroads with their “Yoruba Muslim” taunt. Ti ogiri o ba lanu, alangba ole wo ogiri. They have seen that there is a divide rearing it’s head and true to their nature, igbos have pounced on it to destabilize us. But they can’t succeed and they know it, they only try. We won’t be divided on religious basis in yorubaland. But we urgently need to crack down on extremists on both sides of the divide—especially Muslims.

I insist that I do not hate Islam—but I reserve the right to abhor the worst impulses of its adherents. That is only natural of me as I seek to protect myself and my family, and to preserve the secularity of yorubaland. I do not muslims, ore.

I hope my epistle has been worth it?

You are really spot on about those 3 Yoruba Islamic fanatics. The unfortunate thing is that the movers and shakers in Nigeria (the Sultan and his cabal) will keep uplifting and giving these guys positions. It's no accident that Muric's limelight and media relevance came under Buhari's rule. Remember the Muric threatening to disrupt Law school dinners, Firdaus Amusa hijab case and Muric also calling for a Public Holiday to celebrate the Islamic New Year and also threatening Waec. Who dared try such under Jonathan's rule, even as meek and inactive as Jonathan was? It's even getting worse as these guys are directly or indirectly causing younger people in higher institutions to follow their paths. Remember the Trump's comment on killing of Nigerian Christian issue? One Ameer of Unilag Muslim students reacted, also one other muslim student group threatened Punch for airing Trump's comment. I really fear what the future holds for Yoruba Christians given our disunity and political apathy. PS Governor Aregbesola is also one. Look at the Iwo Emir issue. These things should give any Christian of sound mind a clue of what the future will look like.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man U Credits Ighalo’s Account With N29.45M / Are Soccer Site Reliable For Match Prediction? / Buy Your Jerseys And Boots From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.