Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,327 members, 7,957,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Pastor Donates N1million For The Construction Of Mosque In Calabar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Donates N1million For The Construction Of Mosque In Calabar (380 Views)

Fr. Evaristus Bassey: ''Virgin Mary Appeared To Church Members In Calabar" / Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) / Apostle Essien Ayi Donates N1M For Mosque & Islamic Centre In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Donates N1million For The Construction Of Mosque In Calabar by ediko5(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2018
A Senior pastor has donated the sum of one million Naira (N1,000,000) for construction of a Mosque in Calabar, Cross River State capital.

According to Calabar Reporters

The Pastor, Apostle Essien Ayi who is a Senior Pastor of the Peniel Church of God, Calabar, CALABAR REPORTERS gathered on Tuesday donated the sum of N1 million to a Muslim community at the Bogobiri area of Calabar Metropolis for the completion of a Central Mosque and Islamic Centre.

According to Apostle Essien Ayi, Nigerians should be their brothers’ keepers, irrespective of their religion. And the Muslim community appreciated his gesture, adding that it was the first of its kind.

Essien Ayi who is also the lawmaker representing Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives is one of the longest serving NASS/House of Assembly Member/Politician in Cross River State, 16 years.

The lawmaker, who donated the cash at Bogobiri stated that, “Every human being whether Christian or Muslim believes in God, the Creator. The religion may be different. The mode of practicing may be different, but it is tilted towards one being, which is God.”

He continued, “Also the Muslim society has been very supportive of me right from when I was chairman and they informed me that their former mosque had been demolished and they are trying to erect a new and befitting mosque. I feel as a representative, they too are my constituents.

“I am bound to make a token donation towards the completion of that mosque. We should be be our brothers’ keepers. We are all Nigerians irrespective of our religion.”

Reacting to the gesture, the head of the Hausa community, Sarki Lawan, said, “We are very happy. We appreciate his concern about coming here to give us his donation. This is the first time it has ever happened. He donated N1 million and we assure him the money would be put to use. The name of the Mosque is Central Mosque and Islamic Centre in Calabar.

“Work started about four months ago and the money would help us a great deal. Our message to other politicians is to emulate what he has done so that the people they are representing would feel their impact.”

SOURCE: http://webtechgarden.com/photos-pastor-donates-n1million-for-the-construction-of-mosque-in-calabar/

Re: Pastor Donates N1million For The Construction Of Mosque In Calabar by dkronicle(m): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
Which imam wan try that?
Re: Pastor Donates N1million For The Construction Of Mosque In Calabar by Tedassie(m): 2:44am On Jun 22, 2018
As if that will impress God

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Want To Go Heaven If Adeboye, Kumuyi & Co Will Be There / Bishop Oyedepo Hard On PMB / Don't Eat Your Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.