Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Schoolme Scholarship: Hope Restored - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schoolme Scholarship: Hope Restored (506 Views)

How MTN Nigeria Restored My Lost Hope / Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa / Newly Restored Maritime Academy Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Schoolme Scholarship: Hope Restored by SchoolMeNigeria: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2018
HOPE RESTORED

I remember the good old days when everything was simple and easy. My school fees was less than three thousand naira and it was one of the best schools in town at the time. Going to school and loving it was in vogue, it was affordable for everyone. I remember the government schools being almost free, everyone who was brought from the village to stay in our house then was put in school, they all had a chance at getting an education, some went as far as degrees and diplomas, and others got their school leaving certificates.

Now things are really different. There are more youths and children on the street than in schools; the primary reason being the lack of funds. There are also secondary reasons like unhealthy alternatives which may include a life of crime or prostitution or a daily delusional living on drugs which young people have resorted to as a place of escape.

More alarming is the continued abuse of children from poor homes given away for child labor, child marriages or child trafficking as a way out of poverty. Getting a good education has become almost a distant dream to these youths. I have met a lot of young people with dreams of becoming professionals, as they spoke about it their smiles faded away because of the sudden rude awakening to the painful reality that the dreams they hold so dearly might never be a reality.

SchoolMe Lottery is a solution coming in the nick of time, restoring hope to the future of this great country. To know that Nigerians will get proper education in a few years to come with more people spending next to nothing is a breath of fresh air.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ui Post-utme 2018: See Details / List Of Low Tuition Universities In Brunei Plus Tuition Fees / Futo Adopts The Decentralized Exam System. Releases Time Table.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.