Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Which Professional Certification? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Professional Certification? (620 Views)

Professional Certification Courses Gives You An Edge. / Professional Certification In Document Control / Masters Degree Or Professional Certification? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Professional Certification? by hushy(m): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2010
please people, i am a graduate and in search of a job, but they all want a certification, i went for an interview the other and i was asked for my professional certification and i said i had non but wanted to do CCNA, the lady interviewing then said CCNA was 2 for 10 , that when ever i have a better certification i should let them know, so i want to know which professional certification i can go for and be guaranteed of a job. thanks
Re: Which Professional Certification? by muyidotnet: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
The question you should ask yourself is 'What are my interest?'
Then you really need to identify whether your interest align with your strength.

It doesnt matter if anyone said CCNA goes for 50k, what matter is if you want to be a Network Engineer go for it and know in your head not on paper.
In short myriads of certifications abounds in IT.
If you are a programming buff, you may go for Java(SCJP, SCWCD), C#/VB.NET/ASP.NET (MCTS or MCPD)
If you like managing data, you can go for Oracle OCP, SQLSERVER (MCITP DBA)

And if you're into IT management then go for ITIL

So there you have it.

Follow your mind and interest.

(1) (Reply)

Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' / Recruitment Of Indian Professionals / Can A Mechanical Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.