Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) (40636 Views)

See The ₦600 Banana And Groundnut I Bought In Uyo (Pictured) / Pandemonium Of People As Cold Stone Officially Open In Akwa-ibom... Photos / CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 8:05am On Jun 23, 2018
One needs to be careful of the rice he or she buys in order to avoid falling victim to this. Officials of Consumer Protection Council, CPC, recently raided some shops selling rice in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital where contaminated bags of rice were discovered.

According to reports, the owners of the shops get imported and contaminated rice, wash them and dry in the sun and rebag them for consumers to buy.

Idongesit Ikono, a journalist with AIT who was present during the raid shared the news as he wrote;

BEWARE OF THE RICE YOU BUY

Consumer Protection Council, CPC, raided some rice shops at Nyong Essien street and a very popular rice shop on IBB Way all in Uyo. These shops get imported and contaminated rice, wash them and dry in the sun and rebag them for you and I to buy and consume.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Any Mama Gold, Cap Rice, Stallion rice you find in the market or shops are contaminated, washed, re-bagged and dangerous to your health. Don't buy them anymore because, according to CPC, importation of those brands stopped since 2015.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/contaminated-bags-of-rice-discovered-during-raid-in-akwa-ibom-state.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 8:05am On Jun 23, 2018

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Topccy007: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2018
This is Nigeria....... Falz don talk am finish

We are the cause of our problems in this Country... From our so called leaders down to the masses

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by madridguy(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2018
Some Nigerians are naturally wicked and heartless. Imagine what some bastards are selling to their fellow humans just because of money.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by DrGoodman: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2018
madridguy:
Some Nigerians are naturally wicked and heartless. Imagine what some bastards are selling to their fellow humans just because of money.

and the rice came from Birnin kebbi, pure wickedness.

18 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by argon500: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2018
Just imagine all because of money

Some people are heartless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Olachase(m): 8:30am On Jun 23, 2018
Even mad man can't open his two eyes and be eating this, sorry Nigeria youths may be lazy buh not stupid undecided undecided undecided

20 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by GMBuhari: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2018
First of all , The only people with so much greed that'll go this far are BiaFRAUDIANS

Secondly , it's not neccessarily contaminated rice, it could be wet or dampness from overstocking or hoarding, I have seen this before , if you leave your bag of rice near wall or somewhere moisture can penetrate, Rice automatically searches for water , so ....

But bottom line remains it's wicked and cruel to was and repackage rice for fellow human beings in the name of profit , If i know my nna friends at all , they probably bought the rice and forgot it in a container since 2010 , they've made more than enough profit

5 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by DrGoodman: 8:48am On Jun 23, 2018
GMBuhari:
First of all , The only people with so much greed that'll go this far are BiaFRAUDIANS

Secondly , it's not neccessarily contaminated rice, it could be wet or dampness from overstocking or hoarding, I have seen this before , if you leave your bag of rice near wall or somewhere moisture can penetrate, Rice automatically searches for water , so ....

But bottom line remains it's wicked and cruel to was and repackage rice for fellow human beings in the name of profit , If i know my nna friends at all , they probably bought the rice and forgot it in a container since 2010 , they've made more than enough profit

Those rice came packaged as spoilt from Birnin kebbi, and they sold it to other people as good rice. SON should trace the makers of that rice and slam them into jail. Very wicked people.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Masterppower: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2018
It's called Buhari effect

3 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by chii8(f): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
It looked like wet rice packed in bags without allowing itto dry or bags of rice beaten by rain at the point of transport.

3 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

Those rice came packaged as spoilt from Birnin kebbi, and they sold it to other people as good rice. SON should trace the makers of that rice and slam them into jail. Very wicked people.
The rice...

4 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by akeentech(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
chii8:
It looked like wet rice packed in bags without allowing itto dry or bags of rice beaten by rain at the point of transport.

very unfortunate.

see my signature
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
Me I sabi reason

These bags snapped ain't many

Maybe government is using the opportunity to dissuade Nigerians from buying imported rice

In order to support local rice

Just maybe!

6 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by DIYhackers: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
Who would buy powder as rice before?

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Follygunners: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
Na dem dem..

Skales67
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Queenext: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
We keep shouting politician, not knowing the devil resides among us.

Why would a fellow human do this to another?

It sucks

4 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
One needs to be careful of the rice he or she buys in order to avoid falling victim to this. Officials of Consumer Protection Council, CPC, recently raided some shops selling rice in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital where contaminated bags of rice were discovered.

According to reports, the owners of the shops get imported and contaminated rice, wash them and dry in the sun and rebag them for consumers to buy.

Idongesit Ikono, a journalist with AIT who was present during the raid shared the news as he wrote;

BEWARE OF THE RICE YOU BUY

Consumer Protection Council, CPC, raided some rice shops at Nyong Essien street and a very popular rice shop on IBB Way all in Uyo. These shops get imported and contaminated rice, wash them and dry in the sun and rebag them for you and I to buy and consume.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Any Mama Gold, Cap Rice, Stallion rice you find in the market or shops are contaminated, washed, re-bagged and dangerous to your health. Don't buy them anymore because, according to CPC, importation of those brands stopped since 2015.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/contaminated-bags-of-rice-discovered-during-raid-in-akwa-ibom-state.html

But how long where the stored B4 being opened
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
TBH I don't understand the level of we ave reduce to just 2 make gain. D other I bought cake Wen I got home it appears d cake was not produced dat very day bcus it already fuming inside Dia trick will always b 2 mix both old and news items 2geda same goes 4 gala too
Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by labake1(f): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
Maybe it is carelessness. That is a effect from water

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by wink2015(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
THIS IS WICKEDNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. The building this fake production is found will be seized and sealed up by the federal government and the law breakers charged to court for prosecution.

The other day it was FAKE BREWERY that was discovered in the outskirt of Lagos.

The fake brewery was producing fake malt, beer and other types of alcoholic drinks.

There was the discovery of a secret METAPHETAMINES PRODUCTION PLANT producing metaphetamines and some other illicit harddrugs some where in Lagos and the South East some few years back.

These bad guys went as far as engaging a Colombian as their expartrate staff. Thank God there was a misunderstanding between the drug men which draw the attention of the public and the police.

Why are Nigerians so desperate for money at the expense of human lives?

http://www..ng/news/police-uncover-illegal-brewery-that-produces-fake-malt-drink-in-lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/4447481/brewery-where-fake-malt-stout

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Newbiee: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
Sorry to ask, I don't know if it's from my eyes or phone, but what I am seeing is just powdered stuff like sand and dust, except for the first pic, which I can trace some element of rice in it.

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by ojonugwap(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

Is the products mention from Benin kebbi with your foolish sentimental mentality must everything being religious and tribalism to you odeeee....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by guttentag(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Why wouldn't the rice be contaminated when it was store too long by those selfish Custom officials in the border

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by contigiency(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
Those that will fall victim of this are the imported products addicts. For me, nothing beats my Abakiliki rice both in nutritional contents, taste and free from storage chemicals. This is one strong area buhari has changed the narratives for good in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Balyz: 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

The whole country is aware that your brothers the idiotic pigs of Biafra are responsible for most of the adultrated goods in the market. That rice was packaged by some flat headed criminals in a warehouse in Aba or Onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by che182: 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

When the report said the rice was imported u still claim it was from Brini Kebbi, why would you always programmed yourself to sow the seed of discord?

4 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by baby124: 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
People that sell fake food, drugs and car parts should be put to death. They kill more people than any disease, herdsman or FG.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
DrGoodman:

Those are imported rice repackaged into local bags. Are you trying to be mischievous or are you just plain daft?

4 Likes

Re: Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) by hillsway(m): 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
It's well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Food Items A Lady Bought For 300k In Lagos / How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Crowd Celebrates Hilda Baci In Lekki (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.