Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. (2763 Views)

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by zerocool(m): 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
Hello nairalanders, my brother has a U.S citizen 'friend' who wants to help him get a green card/permanent residence. My brother is 24years old while his friend (female) is 34years old. She doesn't know how to go about applying for a green card and what route of application to use. So, can you please advice on how she can go about applying/processing the green card for him. Expecting your replies, thanx.
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by aroy1: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ok
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by oyewolejos(m): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2010
zerocool:

Hello nairalanders, my brother has a U.S citizen 'friend' who wants to help him get a green card/permanent residence. My brother is 24years old while his friend (female) is 34years old. She doesn't know how to go about applying for a green card and what route of application to use. So, can you please advice on how she can go about applying/processing the green card for him. Expecting your replies, thanx.

WWW.USCIS.GOV is your best bet.Loads of info u need are there.
There is nothing difficult about it
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by justwise(m): 1:00am On Jun 06, 2010
zerocool:

I guess your brother met her online and she wants him to come over? She has to visit ur brother in Nigeria and they probably get married b4 talking about visa. No friend can apply for permanent resedence for him while he still in Nigeria and not married to USA citizen.
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by johnkent(m): 5:06am On Jun 06, 2010
he can only get a K-1 visa in nigeria and trust me, US embassies in Nigeria hardly issue k-1 visas to nigerians and this is one of the reasons.
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by autoalive(m): 2:28am On Jun 10, 2010
haba John kent I have several friends here thru K1 or K3 , I agree rejection rate is high . but what they usually try and establish is compatibilty . The 10 year gap between the Sponsor and the naija guy will be a red flag. otherwise google US Fiancee visa and you are good .
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by sherloklewis: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2010
Countries with traditionally high volumes of visa applicants are NOT eligible to apply. Thus, high volume visa applicants from the countries listed in this paragraph are NOT permitted to apply. Everyone else in the world not mentioned can apply. So, people from the near Caribbean such as Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica are NOT eligible to apply. Not all immigration applications must be filed by a U.S. employer. Green card self-sponsorship may be available to certain investors and business executives as well as highly accomplished scientists, researchers, and artists. These groups may also be eligible for temporary visa categories that can be self-initiated such as the "E" and "Q" classifications. In addition, the State Department administers a diversity visa "lottery" program for nationals of certain countries. The lottery is free and makes available 55,000 green cards each year. A list of countries whose "natives" are ineligible to participate in the lottery program is available.
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by Pittbaby(f): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2010
Countries with traditionally high volumes of visa applicants are NOT eligible to apply. Thus, high volume visa applicants from the countries listed in this paragraph are NOT permitted to apply. Everyone else in the world not mentioned can apply. So, people from the near Caribbean such as Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica are NOT eligible to apply. Not all immigration applications must be filed by a U.S. employer. Green card self-sponsorship may be available to certain investors and business executives as well as highly accomplished scientists, researchers, and artists. These groups may also be eligible for temporary visa categories that can be self-initiated such as the "E" and "Q" classifications. In addition, the State Department administers a diversity visa "lottery" program for nationals of certain countries. The lottery is free and makes available 55,000 green cards each year. A list of countries whose "natives" are ineligible to participate in the lottery program is available.

Oga the guy is asking about GC thru marraige , you are talking about DV Lottery , H1b and Investor Visa . Did you read his question?
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
Pittbaby:

Oga the guy is asking about GC thru marraige , you are talking about DV Lottery , H1b and Investor Visa . Did you read his question?
grin grin grin grin, . . . cool cool cool
Re: Sponsorship For U.s Green Card. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 12, 2010
Friendship might that hard, really really hard. If the friend is female, let her marry your brother and bring him over to the US as spouse or husband. Meanwhile get more information on www.touristvisas.info

(1) (Reply)

Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program / UK Visa Refusal TWICE Based In Tax And Lots More / Take A Look At Famous International Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.