Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog (1892 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Can You Identify This Snake? / Rapid Response Squad Dog: What Breed Of Dog Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by DrToche: 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bought this dog today as I can't keep wishing I have 1 any time I pass some guys strolling with their pet dog(ekuke)...

So am kinda worried ever since I heard ekuke has been crossbreeded ..so I want to know if what I have is ekuke ..

And am also thinking of the right name to give it +this dog have refuse to get off my bed.if I keep it outside he keeps crying which I do feel for him

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by weyreypey: 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ekuke mastiff.

9 Likes

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by Mathematical(f): 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2018

More like English mastiff..

Ragner for the name if you fancy that

1 Like

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by frowland(m): 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
haha, gotten a coller already?
I think the owner should be able to give you a better answer to that. We here can only guess.
He needs warmt which he gets from the bed.
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by AdaAde(f): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
Awwwn. This puppy is so cute. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by DrToche: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
weyreypey:
Ekuke mastiff.
ekuke mastiff?
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by DrToche: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
frowland:
haha, gotten a coller already?
I think the owner should be able to give you a better answer to that. We here can only guess.
He needs warmt which he gets from the bed.
yes bought collar already, wouldn't like it to shit inside my room..
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by DrToche: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
Another pic...I just want to be sure this is ekuke as I no like those foreign crossbreed

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by Baroba(m): 5:12am On Jun 24, 2018
It's a mongrel, not a pure Nigerian breed.
Nice pup
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by DrToche: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2018
but this dog can learn very fast..through out last night he was just crying, I couldn't sleep ,I kept flogging him to shut up but refuses... this morning he continued and I gave him better cane with harsh words to stop the cry,he stopped...

the place he pooed I warned him not to poo there again and showed him where to always go do his poo...went down to see him and that place I showed him to poo contains his poo....
showed him where to lie and warned him not to cross a certain line I drew for him as am about building his House.. he remained there and never crossed that line but I noticed he like to go out..took him for a stroll and when coming back at the sight of my gate he starts withdrawing back like he doesn't want to go in... just a look from my face he seems to decode and respected himself and went inside the compound...

well whether its pure ekuke or mongrel I think I like the dog..but I wish it's ekuke....
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by bespokeset: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2018
grin grin grin

'You warned it not to poo there' Guess you've never heard of potty training. A dog is dog... not a human being. Learn how dogs learn and then teach that way so they'll understand. You said you flogged your dog... it's already a bag of fear from its reaction so don't be surprised when it bites someone in fear. Soon.

Learn how to be a pack leader giving off positive vibes to your dog and not transmitting fear and confusion.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by rumenase(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2018
DrToche:
Another pic...I just want to be sure this is ekuke as I no like those foreign crossbreed

there are foreign pure breed dogs.
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by rumenase(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
DrToche:
pls I saw something like maggot crawling out of the dogs body... pls how do I treat such as am fed up already been that it was ekuke I had in mind to buy didn't know its a cross bread the man sold to me as ekuke

to me I think all this fuss about cross breed is appalling and the maggot yu saw is bot fly I think it is the larvae stage of an insect and it can happen to any dog even local dogs if they are exposed any way you can check the dogs body and press the maggots out.
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by DrXavierCage(m): 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
DrToche:
but this dog can learn very fast..through out last night he was just crying, I couldn't sleep ,I kept flogging him to shut up but refuses... this morning he continued and I gave him better cane with harsh words to stop the cry,he stopped...

the place he pooed I warned him not to poo there again and showed him where to always go do his poo...went down to see him and that place I showed him to poo contains his poo....
showed him where to lie and warned him not to cross a certain line I drew for him as am about building his House.. he remained there and never crossed that line but I noticed he like to go out..took him for a stroll and when coming back at the sight of my gate he starts withdrawing back like he doesn't want to go in... just a look from my face he seems to decode and respected himself and went inside the compound...

well whether its pure ekuke or mongrel I think I like the dog..but I wish it's ekuke....

You hit your dog? You shouldn't have one.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
that pup is ekuke but just a little bit Behind woth time you will see the real ekukeism such as eating shit and doing all sorts

as for the maggot its from your environment , take it to the vet there is this injection for ticks it works like maggic you will wake up to see the maggots on the ground

pls make sure disinfect the environment and bath it very well. you pup is cute take good care of it.

as for your training well too much beating will instill fear and your dog will become timid o. check other post for real training. there is a post from a vet doctor that was teaching dog owners how to train it was effective trully
Re: Help Me Identify This Breed Of Dog by Jibola77: 1:39am On Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys, for everyone looking to buy a puppy, visit www.kennelpride.com. There are a lot of high quality pure breeds you can choose from. Also,Kennel Pride has puppies all year round.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Breed Is This Someone Said It German Shepherd Mix Boerboel / See What Happen In My Compound Last Weekend (photo) / Cane Corso Puppies For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.