Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi (968 Views)

Barcelona Would Be "Better Off" Without Messi - Interim Barcelona President / Messi's Hatrick Qualifies Argentina For Russia 2018 World Cup / Celestine Babayaro Celebrates His Goal In Nigeria 3-2 Win Over Argentina In 1996 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by khallebb(m): 6:38am On Jun 24, 2018
Argentina manager Jorge Sampaoli is reportedly planning to ring the changes for his team’s crucial match against Nigeria in St. Petersburg on Tuesday.

Sampaoli, who has come under immense pressure as the two-time world champions risk and early exit from the Russia 2018 World Cup following their 1-1draw against Iceland and a 3-0 defeat by Croatia, has been putting his players through their paces experimenting on a 4-3-3 formation without much reliance on Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

The South Americans powerhouse, who arrived in Russia as one the favourites, need a win over Nigeria to reach the second round.

And former Chile coach Sampaoli, was let down by his Chelsea goalkeeper Willy Caballero’s two high-profile errors against Croatia at Nizhny Novgorod Stadium on Thursday, is set to drop the veteran keeper in favour of his understudy Franco Armani of River Plate.

Argentine daily sports magazine Ole published a picture revealing Sampaoli’s starting X1 against Nigeria at their training base in Bronnitsy on Saturday.In the picture, the scribbles on the notebook showed two seven-a-side teams facing each other, excluding Messi.

According to reports in the Argentine media, other players likely to be dropped for the clash by the 58-year-old are Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero, Roma midfielder Lucas Biglia and Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Acuna.

Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by muhammed50(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2018
Argentina without a GOAT!
Nigeria with a PIG

1 Like

Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by lilfreezy: 6:49am On Jun 24, 2018
Na penalty and freekicks na im i dey fear. They are going to be looking for that a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by PureMe01: 6:52am On Jun 24, 2018
lilfreezy:
Na penalty and freekicks na im i dey fear. They are going to be looking for that a lot
my brother u forgot #REDCARD...Dats d real fear
Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by chibuthanks: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2018
THE EAGLES ARE WAITING FOR THEM

1 Like

Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by Arsenalholic(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2018
These are all distraction tactics and mind games. I hope the technical crew of our Eagles remain focused and ignore every noise filtering out of the opposing camp.

#SoarSuperEagles.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by Baawaa(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2018
The two of them are in tight corner, Argentina need winning badly,while Nigeria need draw.90 minutes will determine who stay and who go home.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by czarina(f): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2018
I thought what goes on in their camps stays there Why all these mumu "press conferences" for something that should be for their own consumption alone? You have all failed! I like Messi but if this match makes him retire from professional soccer then so be it. I'm a patriot! Eagles are soaring! We Die Here! undecided
Re: Argentina Plots Nigeria's Downfall Without Messi by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2018
Baawaa:
The two of them are in tight corner, Argentina need winning badly,while Nigeria need draw.90 minutes will determine who stay and who go home.

We also need winning to be on the smooth sailing to the next round; for draw increases our chance of qualifying but we have to look from Croatia and Iceland as well, if Iceland should beat Croatia with goals different then both of us will be having 4 points each in case of draw with Argentina, then head to head criteria will be employ to determine who qualify.

But, anything short of draw with Argentina or straight winning, na end of discussion be that o.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Ousmane Dembele Could Be A Nigerian! / There Is Nobody On Nairaland That Can Answer this Riddle. / AFCON 2019 - Sen. Ifeanyi Uba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Egypt (SEE PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.