Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? (29720 Views)

Why Is The Iphone So Overpriced In Nigeria? / Why Are JUMIA Products Overpriced / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by kenny714433(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
You mean this one?

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
People are being killed left and right in this country. As usual, the youth are talking about iphone. What is the value of an iphone if you're not even sure whether the fulanis and Buhari will allow you to see tomorrow? Future leaders my ass!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Opinionated: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
ehissi:

I see what you did there, answering a question raised with a blog link for clicks, with another blog link for clicks..... cheesy

The hustle is real..... grin

#Softwork
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by 18wheeler: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
My iPhone 5s gives me all I want in a mobile phone for now. No comment on the x
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Mariozz: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
okwabayi:
Most of its users don't frequent this forum. The only answers you'll get here are hearsay.
Why do you people think Nairaland users are broke?

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Holiegrail2: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ask those who use the fone.
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by snazzy5050(m): 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
It’s not over priced....
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by eezeribe(m): 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
Tallesty1:
This is not true. It won't even make the list of Top 20 most expensive smartphones right now
Don't mind all these ignorant bloggers.. The Op has no idea of what an expensive smartphone is...
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Josh44s(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
kelvinjeremiah:
I recently published a review of the Apple iPhone X, and truth be told, it's amazing.

Do not forget it's the most expensive smartphone right now ...

As amazing as it is, I think it just has that "Apple Hype."

Now, I'm directing the question to you: Is It Overhyped Or Overpriced? Or it's really worth it?

https://www.favshub.com/2018/06/iphone-x-review.html

I am a lover of iPhone and a dealer. IPhone X is overhyped. IPhone 8 and 8 plus are simply the two best if you as me.

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Seahawk: 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
I have the iPhone X

I don’t know if it was worth the money or not.

It has good picture quality that’s all I’m usually interested in but I can bet I don’t use it to it’s full potential. I don’t know much about technology so I’m not a reliable resource on it’s worth

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by santricedupas(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
ominilongest:
Lol,I no even know awfar with iPhone 4 talk less of X....this life grin grin grin

my brother, Iphone is still my dream phone, not yet buoyant yet to even buy iphone 4 talkless of 8 or x, but I dey hustle everyday to get one of apple product.

3 Likes

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by kant22: 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
okay
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Folashade2016(f): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
iPhone X users oya come and talk una mind.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by spiritedtete: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Note 8 is far better

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by drnoel: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
No you are interested in clicks

Those who use the iPhone x won't waste their time answering this
Or is it those who can't afford it you expect to answer?

Dude this is down right koonery

Do something productive

It's overpriced
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Almunjid(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Up tecno!
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
When bb gold first came out some years back it was around #300k.Right now I can't buy it for #10k because it is worthless.

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by gurnam: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
I’m an iPhone X user and I bet the Phone “just works”. It responsiveness is out of this world !
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Adeone: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
double your investment in a short time,register with this link

https://www.nairapoint.org/home/index.php?username=walebilewu@yahoo.com
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
gurunlocker:
You are asking if it worth it when you should be telling them to prepare for another release soon.

I agree. What made the iphone great was that it was special, different, and new. People justified the price bc of those things. But now an Iphone comes out every year with not much difference, lower quality, and increased price.Meanwhile, its competitors are coming for Iphones top spot. Androids for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by wisdomkid: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
No you are interested in clicks

Those who use the iPhone x won't waste their time answering this
Or is it those who can't afford it you expect to answer?

Dude this is down right koonery

Do something productive

LOL, people with infinix come and be screaming about costly phones.. lol
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Jethrolite(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
kelvinjeremiah:

It's your opinion, and I respect that. It doesn't mean I accept it though.
You're addressing an audience that's non existent here, it is not as if they are not here but they don't have the time to reply such things, you'll only get the opinion of non users.

I use a phone I bought for just under N450k, I don't see how it is overpriced. There's something called intrinsic value, you really can't place a price tag on it. It is like asking a person wearing a D&G shirt if it wasn't over priced since similar shirt from other brands should be $100 or less. He bought the D&G to look different.

You really can not operate in a sphere you have not attained and until you get there, the things done there look stupid and outrageous to you.

8 Likes

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Legalese(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Many things are overhyped in this world and they are usually branded as luxury goods. People purchase them mostly NOT cos of the value they would get, but for the fact that they now become part of an exclusive group of people who use such product to the exclusion of others. There's even an economic term for it but I can't recall right now.

2 Likes

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jethrolite:
You're addressing an audience that's non existent here, it is not as if they are not here but they don't have the time to reply such things, you'll only get the opinion of non users.

I use a phone I bought for just under N450k, I don't see how it is overpriced. There's something called intrinsic value, you really can't place a price tag on it. It is like asking a person wearing a D&G shirt if it wasn't over priced since similar shirt from other brands should be $100 or less. He bought the D&G to look different.

You really can not operate in a sphere you have not attained and until you get there, the things done there look stupid and outrageous to you.

Friend, there are some that could afford to buy and decided not to bc of the reasons listed. The question is open to non users and users alike.
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Legalese:
Many things are overhyped in this world and they are usually branded as luxury goods. People purchase them mostly NOT cos of the value they would get, but for the fact that they now become part of an exclusive group of people who use such product to the exclusion of others. There's even an economic term for it but I can't recall right now.

I think you are referring to social status or social prestige.
In marketing, brands do by using brand prominence, (how easily a brand is recognized), i.e logo, iphone's sleek white design.
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Jethrolite(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bsuedu:

Friend, there are some that could afford to buy and decided not to bc of the reasons listed. The question is open to non users and users alike.
Sure, choosing not to buy the phone does not mean a person can not afford it but I do not see the sense in asking a person who has never driven a car if buying a car is worth it. It is the reason companies almost exclusively employ only people with experience.
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Abdulnur(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
ehissi:

I see what you did there, answering a question raised with a blog link for clicks, with another blog link for clicks..... cheesy

The hustle is real..... grin

Aunty Linda dont scatter head. He's Sharing link on top of op's link grin. Bloggers must eat.

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jethrolite:
Sure, choosing not to buy the phone does not mean a person can not afford it but I do not see the sense in asking a person who has never driven a car if buying a car is worth it. It is the reason companies almost exclusively employ only people with experience.

Hmm maybe you should say, a person who does not have a car is not qualified to answer whether buying a car is worth it.
The question is if buying an iphone is overpriced or overhyped. A person who has done the research is qualified to answer the question. The question is subjective in nature, so you will get subjective answers.

Fact, Apple has a multi million dollar marketing machine behind its products.
Fact Apple puts a new phone every year almost at over $700-999 dollars
Fact The newest iphones had bugs and issues. Actually in the last couple of years, each release had quirks.
Fact Some features on Samsung beat the Iphone at a lower price point.

So it is not worth it to ME based on the research I have done.

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Jethrolite(m): 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bsuedu:

Hmm maybe you should say, a person who does not have a car is not qualified to answer whether buying a car is worth it.
The question is if buying an iphone is overpriced or overhyped. A person who has done the research is qualified to answer the question. The question is subjective in nature, so you will get subjective answers.

Fact, Apple has a multi million dollar marketing machine behind its products.
Fact Apple puts a new phone every year almost at over $700-999 dollars
Fact The newest iphones had bugs and issues. Actually in the last couple of years, each release had quirks.
Fact Some features on Samsung beat the Iphone at a lower price point.

So it is not worth it to ME based on the research I have done.
Bro, knowing is not the same as feeling. You can't research that, the first day I held that phone if I was an apple fan I would have collected one for myself. I will still buy it, I just want a version produced by Samsung running android.
Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jethrolite:
Bro, knowing is not the same as feeling. You can't research that, the first day I held that phone if I was an apple fan I would have collected one for myself. I will still buy it, I just want a version produced by Samsung running android.

Well, I tried one out in the store and decided it wasnt for me.
Give it a couple of years, and I anticipate Samsung out doing Apples phone.

I will part ways with you now. (Shakes hands)

1 Like

Re: Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? by HoodBillionaire: 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
my client nor gree send me my iphone x
samsung s8don tire me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Were Can I Download Free Games And Mp3 On Wap / 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook / Tecno Spark 2 Unveiling In Lagos (Live Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.