Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,656 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria (18233 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by nice4life: 1:29am On Jan 28, 2012
1.women are number one citizen, in fact they have more right than men.this is heart breaking for a real Naija man.
2.You can't date a girl below 18 yrs old even if she's hot, you have to be sure she's above 18 lest you go to jail.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by dasparrow: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2012
jor-el:

~ the smiles are too fake,
everything u buy in the stores are Bio products -chicken are cloned/bio,fruits everything is fake

one thing i like here are the discotecs and the oyibo woman is so romantic and sincere to feelings, lol

Oh yes, those treacherous fake, half-baked smiles westeners throw at one along with their constant back stabbing. Then lets add to the fact that they try to frustrate one because of the accent or because they cannot pronounce one's African name. What else? too much bigotry and discrimination. A lot of back stabbing in the work place. Too much ignorance and sheer stupidity when it comes to other cultures and nationalities. Extreme weather conditions like hurricanes, snow storms, tornados, earthquakes and the likes (at least in America that is). Working a lot and paying so much in taxes. You never see your money making it quite difficult to save a substantial amount of money within a reasonable period of time. There is much more to be said but I will stop here.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2012
nice4life:

1.women are number one citizen, in fact they have more right than men.this is heart breaking for a real Naija man.
2.You can't date a girl below 18 yrs old even if she's hot, you have to be sure she's above 18 lest you go to jail.

See yaself, paedo tongue

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2012
nice4life:

how is not being able to date a girl below 18years a disadvantage?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by jman77(m): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
Chai! I love this thread,abi make i cancel my abroad trip?, na lie! I go go to experience all this these things wey una talk.lol!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by bolame: 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
hahahah abeg m bro jman77 dont cancel the abroad trip o, if ego dey wetin man dey waste time for naija
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
dasparrow:

Oh yes, those treacherous fake, half-baked smiles westeners throw at one along with their constant back stabbing. Then lets add to the fact that they try to frustrate one because of the accent or because they cannot pronounce one's African name. What else? too much bigotry and discrimination. A lot of back stabbing in the work place. Too much ignorance and sheer stupidity when it comes to other cultures and nationalities. Extreme weather conditions like hurricanes, snow storms, tornados, earthquakes and the likes (at least in America that is). Working a lot and paying so much in taxes. You never see your money making it quite difficult to save a substantial amount of money within a reasonable period of time. There is much more to be said but I will stop here.

Life is better in 9ja, so stop complaining and take the next available flight

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
nice4life:

Hope you don't end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by valdubem(m): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
1. no 500naira ashawo to wack if congee catch U grin
2. U cant trust ur friends especially d black dudes. They re snitchers
3. U cant flex ur muscle in public (fight)
4. any small child fit talk to U anyhow so long they re right. U just have to swallow ur ego
5. No meishayi & meitea. Its mcdonalds or nothing
5. No 5naira pure water. its either bottle water or ur urine grin
6. no free money like d way we get and share money from our politicians during elections
7. The cops too dey disturb.
8. people no dey too die for here, so NO burials to attend
9. .....and soo on
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
val_dubem: 1. no 500naira ashawo to wack if congee catch U grin
2. U cant trust ur friends especially d black dudes. They re snitchers
3. U cant flex ur muscle in public (fight)
4. any small child fit talk to U anyhow so long they re right. U just have to swallow ur ego
5. No meishayi & meitea. Its mcdonalds or nothing
5. No 5naira pure water. its either bottle water or ur urine grin
6. no free money like d way we get and share money from our politicians during elections
7. The cops too dey disturb.
8. people no dey too die for here, so NO burials to attend
9. .....and soo on
I really appreciate this thread..but I have lived in like 4 other African countries and I did skool outside Nigeria so I know the challenges I faced as a Nigerian though I blended well sometimes during my childhood..if they got to know u were a foreigner dey will start discriminating. And good Lord they all hate Nigerians.So I suffered enough racism in my school days and now am back to Naija and am facing another cuz am not so fluent in igbo or yoruba forget Hausa sha...its jus everywhere mehn and I think I have been racially abused more than all the black Americans put together..Pls give me one fuckin reason why I shld not go abroad or why I shld stay here and help make this corrupt n greedy nation better? Nigeria is the richest African country I have stayed in but I can't get steady light n water and their administration is the most corrupt too...anyway lemme stop here *sobs*[/color][color=#000000][/color][color=#006600]
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:11am On Oct 29, 2012
You can't get okada, even to the shortest distance
You can't just put learner "L" on your bumper and drive without a permit or drivers license
You can't just cut a single tree in your house
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by moonraker(m): 5:55am On Oct 29, 2012
For the sake of ranting!!!

You cant eat or drink in public (1,000 dollar fine Singapore)

you have to line up for a taxi. (Singapore)

you can play loud music (Police straight)

The rules are tailor made. No magomago, no frog jump.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by hustla242: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
angry TAX, TAX, TAX!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by MPEROR: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
I miss the Mamaput Buka the most
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by MPEROR: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
The mamaput here put too much white Maggi
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
nice4life:

This man has openly confessed to being a paedophile, absolutely no shame, I pray you'll be caught and jailed for this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contractor Abandons Zaria Airport Project, Absconds With N37m, Senate Threatens / All About CRUISING!!!! / Accident Along Ota-Abeokuta Expressway As Trailer Rams Into Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.