Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. (4063 Views)

Atheists This Message Is For You Guys. / This issue of 'the future' / Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

hmmm.

As for me, I cannot try that. Maybe it is my experience. I have seen too many mad people- so much that I cannot risk testing them.

One example- I was driving home with a work colleague, and we drove past a fallen truck that killed people. I told my friend that it is a sad way to die. The fucking nigga replied "there is no need to be sad. It is god's will. They died at the right time"! That was the last time the nigga entered my car.

Nonsense

Well a Nihilist would also react just as your friend did
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Can we all report this clown?

Sciencewatch, I dont read anything you write again. move along
You can't stop me from reading everything you write including your cowardly reporting when you are exposed.

FRANK317 is way smarter than you.
Jonnydon22 is your spiritual master but you deny him the honour.

In future I will stay off your mentions if you stay off mine. I still owe your 24 mentions dumb dumb.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by superhumanist(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

Well a Nihilist would also react just as your friend did

Johnny! Johnny! You don start again! Always being reluctant to blame religion.

What my friend did is called fatalism........religious fatalism to be precise.

A nihilist would see that as random and meaningless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Johnny! Johnny! You don start again! Always being reluctant to blame religion.

What my friend did is called fatalism........religious fatalism to be precise.

Hahahahaha grin grin Oga calm down na I'm not trying to say his beliefs were not to be blamed

I'm pretty sure I have not suggested his beliefs were innocent.

I just pointed out a Nihilist would have similar reaction or at least close one

A nihilist would see that as random and meaningless.

Therefore sadness is meaningless and pointless.

See?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
frank317:

I really don't understand what u are unto... He has clearly given u probable reasons why his experience may different from the norm in ur world.
- his attitude towards religious people
- his personality
- the fact that he does not leverage on anyone

Recall he has not expressly advice that Martinez should go about proclaiming his non believe. He has also advised caution and necessity.

I think u owe him an apology for calling him a lair. Was that even necessary?
Wow even I am impressed by your deep understanding of what Johnydon22 had said.
Go gentle on superman, he too used to crashing into everyone's views that he momentarily forgot that he was criticising a much wiser atheist.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by superhumanist(m): 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha grin grin Oga calm down na I'm not trying to say his beliefs were not to be blamed

See?

I think it depends.

But still, it is a scary mindset.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

See?
Exactly true. Your mind is too advanced for his narrow bigoted thinking.

Your are the reason atheists are still alive.
SALUTE.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by budaatum: 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

I still wonder why you dont want to consider nairaland christians as a good sample for Nigerian christians. I cant see how it would be different in real life. At least, people are more honest online with anonymity. It is even better than real life.........
Ok, let's consider "nairaland christians" , sic.

You are aware that the majority of them read without commenting, right? And that only a very tiny fraction of those who comment are pricks?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by tintingz(m): 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
My advice is do not reveal your atheism to people you know that are very religious, when you know it will affect your needs or relationship you have with them, there is no reward in it.

You can be be skeptical and engage in logical, philosophical argument but don't tell them God doesn't exist.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Martinez19(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Exactly true. Your mind is too advanced for his narrow bigoted thinking.

Your are the reason atheists are still alive.
SALUTE.
What kind of statement is this? Rationality RIP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Martinez19:

Hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by superhumanist(m): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
budaatum:

Ok, let's consider "nairaland christians" , sic.

You are aware that the majority of them read without commenting, right? And that only a very tiny fraction of those who comment are pricks?

Trust me. Many of those that avoid commenting are people who are so disgusted by atheism that they don't want to talk.

I have seen comments about the religion section claiming that the religion section is satanic. grin Too many atheists in the religion section

And yes, not all Christians are like the Dumbocracy aka. Felixomoron, Butterfly-lying, AnASS09 and ScienceRetard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by superhumanist(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
Martinez19:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by tintingz(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

In a nutshell, atheism IS HOPELESS! grin cheesy
I have HOPE in surviving, my health, I have hope in food I eat, I have hope in the sun that shines daily, I have hope in my family. These are more reasonable thing to rely on than believing in some imaginary hope.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

Why exactly is it important for the lecturer to know you are an atheist?

In Nigerian universities some lecturers demand a student to pray before lectures,now as am atheist(who can pray) if a lecturer asks u to pray,would u tell the person u are an atheist before the class,or would u just mumble the words out like u are singing the national anthem without much concentration on the meaning,many atheists have found themselves in this situation
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

In Nigerian universities some lecturers demand a student to pray before lectures,now as am atheist(who can pray) if a lecturer asks u to pray,would u tell the person u are an atheist before the class,or would u just mumble the words out like u are singing the national anthem without much concentration on the meaning,many atheists have found themselves in this situation

I don't see how praying nullfies the fact that I am an atheist or the life-damning importance of not letting others know I'm an atheist.

I've found myself in such situations, to be totally honest I don't have a problem. I see prayer as a wish and I don't stop people from wishing me good even though I know wishes are just as true as shadows in place of substance.

To avoid the unnecessary hostility of arguing with the said lecturer given the circumstance, place at hand, I'd more than churchiously lead them in a beautiful prayer up

3 Likes

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Trust me. Many of those that avoid commenting are people who are so disgusted by atheism that they don't want to talk.

This assumption is not necessarily true. I get emails from these non-commenting ghost readers. Most just have questions ..

That reminds me, someone sent me an email recently but Yahoo have refused to log my account in. They have refused to send me activation key to my phone.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
tintingz:
I have HOPE in surviving, my health, I have hope in food I eat, I have hope in the sun that shines daily, I have hope in my family. These are more reasonable thing to rely on than believing in some imaginary hope.

The basic question should be.

Hope as regards what?

The word "hopeless" can be meaningless if it is not addressing a particular or any subject of hope
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by tintingz(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:
Martinez19,

IF YOU ARE IN NIGERIA, KEEP YOUR ATHEISM CLOSE TO YOURSELF.

The only exception to this rule is when you are financially independent. You have money to support yourself and so, no religious fool can touch you.

Please, do not listen to Johnydon22. Even though the guy makes sense most of the time, he likes to behave like Martin Luther King thinking that his oppressors will change if you are nice and open with them.

The average Nigerian is religiously crazy. You are in a nation of crazy religious people and you think they will act normally to your rejection of their religion?

Oga, quietly study and make your money. Forget exposing yourself to dangerous people.

I have experience working in different companies across southern Nigeria and soon I will open a diary on it so that people will know where I am coming from
Exactly, I can remember a day in a long queue when getting a form for a program, I'm discussing religion problem with people, the moment I said I'm not into any religion, see how all eyes were on me like I'm insane or some kind of an alien, so imagine going further telling them God doesn't exist?
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by budaatum: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

I see the problem. Lagos.

I work around Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun (although it might change soon).

Lagos is very developed compared to these other states. You can't try to be bold with your atheism in somewhere like Osun or Oyo.

The Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun is in Osun State. I do not experience hostility from religious people there or anywhere else, even despite that I have the largest concentration of family members - whom one may feel have the need to save one - there than anywhere else in the world.

A favorite phrase of mine, and I quote from the bav, is, "buda's god is a selfish god. It has no time to be saving anyone else but buda". So I don't feel the need to be asking anyone to abandon their gods and convert to my ways. But that's not to say there are no idiots amongst them. I once had some prick come to save my so called "damned soul", and hours later that person was begging me to save them from starving!

Not many people are as rude to me as to think they should convert me, and if they did feel the need, they could at least try to do so without the prickiness. You would notice from my engagements on here that most who quote me would modify their prickiness or dare not quote me. It is, I think, because I respect myself and wish other's would too, or perhaps they fear I would befuddle them with my superior intellect and what some have called "wisdom", or maybe its just because perhaps I am not a prick to them.

My religious conversations are mostly with the Chief Imam, the Anglican Vicar or the heads in the various other religions, and the well educated, and my aim is to understand, and not to argue that my ways are better than their's. Perhaps the hostility you experience could be because of the level of people you engage with, or how you engage with them. On the whole, I find that I reap what I sow. Maybe you do too?
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Butterflyleo: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
tintingz:

You just summarized your hopelessness so eloquently grin

Because health is not guaranteed, food is not guaranteed, family is not guaranteed, the sum even is not guaranteed because its dying.

Enjoy your hopelessness.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

I don't see how praying nullfies the fact that I am an atheist or the life-damning importance of not letting others know I'm an atheist.

I've found myself in such situations, to be totally honest I don't have a problem. I see prayer as a wish and I don't stop people from wishing me good even though I know wishes are just as true as shadows in place of substance.

To avoid the unnecessary hostility of arguing with the said lecturer given the circumstance, place at hand, I'd more than churchiously lead them in a beautiful prayer up

I feel the same way,the fact that I can say "in Jesus name" and it means absolutely nothing to me says it all ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

I feel the same way,the fact that I can say "in Jesus name" and it means absolutely nothing to me says it all ..

It's that simple to me. There was a time I fell into a bit of a fix after losing a lot of money from my business.

my girl friend is a Christian, a Catholic.

She could not do anything that is substantial enough to rejuvenate the issue, she felt like prayer was a way she could help.

To me prayer was pointless but I knew to her it was her sincerest way of demonstrating just how in support and help she could afford.

She knew I am an atheist and I know she is a catholic.

She'd wake up 3am to pray, wakes me and sometimes held my head while saying the prayer.

I always wake up whenever she wakes me up, I even wake her up myself and present my head for holding each time, either kneeling or lying on the bed as long as she is holding it, she is ok.

I did not do becauase I believed in what she was doing, I did because it was important to her and it didn't take anything away from me.

Things got better eventually, I'd say it was through my hard work but she always insisted her prayers played a vital role.

I do not argue because sometimes some fights are unnecessary and nonsensical to pick

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Because health is not guaranteed, food is not guaranteed, family is not guaranteed, the sum even is not guaranteed because its dying.

Enjoy your hopelessness.

fine we son hear,atheists are "hopeless", but then if by hopeless u mean one leaving 80 years making inventions,touching lives,having kids and grandkids,leaving a good legacy without involving " God" and finally passing away to oblivion then I WANT TO BE " HOPELESS"
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by budaatum: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
tintingz:
Exactly, I can remember a day in a long queue when getting a form for a program, I'm discussing religion problem with people, the moment I said I'm not into any religion, see how all eyes were on me like I'm insane or some kind of an alien, so imagine going further telling them God doesn't exist?
You are telling random people in a queue that there are no gods? Are you tired of living and have not read it said that "one should not cast one's pearls amongst pricks" ?

It's good you held your tongue. Doing otherwise, in a queue of random people is like yelling "Fire!" In a crowded cinema. Even I might want to join the queue to lynch such a prick!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

It's that simple to me
I sent u something,did u see it
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Butterflyleo: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

fine we son hear,atheists are "hopeless", but then if by hopeless u mean one leaving 80 years making inventions,touching lives,having kids and grandkids,leaving a good legacy without involving " God" and finally passing away to oblivion then I WANT TO BE " HOPELESS"

Lmao at OBLIVION.

Yes passing away to oblivion makes you entirely hopeless

Thank you for further buttressing it. grin
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by tintingz(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

The basic question should be.

Hope as regards what?

The word "hopeless" can be meaningless if it is not addressing a particular or any subject of hope
You have a point.

Most religious people think without God one is hopeless, this is false and absurd.

Atheism is lack of belief, the word "hopeless" in this position is indeed meaningless.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

I sent u something,did u see it

I'm trying to log on to my Yahoo mail. Fuccck it.

Try Agbaeze1@gmail.com
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
frank317:

Lol... U wanna exchange banter like kids... I ain't got that time...

People like u are the real reason God does not exist. Imagine the creator sending this kind fellow to tell the world about him... Is ur God schizophrenic?
Would You like to learn more about Schizophrenia ? The opportunity is right in front of you. Simply examine supermans response to Johnydon22's superior reasoning.

Psychotropic drugs don't work on that patient.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by tintingz(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Enjoy your hopelessness.
LOL, if you are hungry stay in your house and have imaginary hope your fairy entity will send manna from heaven, don't have hope in amala that will make you feel ok.

Is there anything guaranteed in this world, even in your afterlife there is no guarantee you will make heaven, Allah has prepare hell for your kind. grin

Enjoy your deluded false hope.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by budaatum: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
johnydon22:

I did that, "churchiously lead them in a beautiful prayer" .

Two years ago I caught a bug that damaged my spinal cord and left me in a wheelchair and admitted to hospital and ma brought members of her church prayer group to visit in the open ward I was in.

I lay there thinking, "when these people are done buda, you know they will rain down prayers on your head so you get healed!" I was like, "I'm not having that!"

So when they were about to leave, I quickly jumped in and said, "let us pray".

"We are grateful for what we have", I said. "May we continue to have in abundance. Amen". They too said "amen" and left.

Some of them concluded that I was arrogant, I later heard, and some even lost hope that I would ever walk again. You could imagine their faces when I was thanking them in Church one Sunday for their love and concern during my trying times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? / It's Time To Leave Christianity. / "And Ye Shall Be Hated Of All Men For My Name's Sake" - Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.