Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan (994 Views)

Stop Complaining About Crude Price, GEJ Left You $30b, OBJ Tells Buhari / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by evil666(m): 5:38am On Jun 06, 2010
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo is set to take his campaign for President Goodluck Jonathan to have a shot at the presi-dency in the 2011 general election  to world leaders.

Only recently, Oba-sanjo was quoted to have told President Jonathan that he must contest the next election without any hesitations, saying “ you must contest, don’t tell me you’re thinking about it.”

Impeccable sources close to the corridors of power told Sunday Tribune that as a first step to realize the objective of a Jonathan Presidency in 2011, Obasanjo  might have begun a diplomatic globe-trotting to win support of key political leaders in the Western world for President Jonathan.

His main campaign instrument, it was learnt, is to sell Jonathan to them on the premise of stability and the need for continuity in governance at this crucial time in Nigeria.

The frequent presence of Obasanjo in the Villa and his more visible presence at every spot where the President is having one thing or the other to do is  said to be part of the plot to ensure close marking on him not to have a change of heart on the matter.

Another aspect of the campaign strategy is to have the president himself visit some countries in Europe and the Americas to meet with the leaders one-on-one, while he will also visit strategic states in the country to show to the outside world that he is a popular choice in the country.

As a matter of fact, the President’s visit to some states in parts of the country and his recent visits to the United States and France were said to be part of the agenda.

Only on Thursday, the President paid a one-day visit to Oyo State, having paid similar visits to Zamfara, Rivers, Bauchi  and Bayelsa States.

Political pundits obser-ved that the visits were strategically picked to be widespread across the country and to tell the watching members of the international community that he has a large following in the country.

The President, it was also learnt, will set aside time to receive foreign leaders as his guests.

There have been various groups rooting for President Jonathan to contest the next election, describing the ruling Peoples Democratic Party’s zoning arrange-ment as a mere working paper in the party with no constitutional backing.

Some groups and individuals loyal to former military President, Gen-eral Ibrahim Babangida and Alhaji Atiku Abuba-kar have been calling on the PDP to respect the zoning arrangement by allowing a northerner to carry the party’s flag for the next election.

However, Senator Jubril Aminu and some others have opposed the move, insisting that Jonathan has the right to contest.

Indications have started emerging now that the 2011 general elections in Nigeria would be conducted with technical assistance and other logistics support to be offered by the international community.

MORE : http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/front-page-articles/1245-as-uneu-china-set-agenda-for-2011-elections2011-obj-woos-leaders-for-jonathan
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by Osama10(m): 5:46am On Jun 06, 2010
Na by force obj?
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 6:01am On Jun 06, 2010
Uncle Joe is da dude!
The one with the plan, vision and intelligence to take Nigeria to the next step come 2011!
Jonathan, don't look back; 2011 is yours already!
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by safeact(m): 6:23am On Jun 06, 2010
he can context,if he wins,good. Atleast there is a great improvement now in power and energy supplies unlike during d time of his predecessors who paid lip service to d nation. Infact, he shouldnt give it a second taught,he shld go ahead and contest being a man from d south,he wil surely deliver. Lets support him guys! 3Gs 4 2011.
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2010
What does OBJ get outta this?

I smell a dear rat. . . .
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2010
FL Gators:

1. Political, economic and social influence (remember GJ is his 'boy').

2. Immunity from prosecution (Haliburton, power sector probe, etc.)

3. Licence to kill, steal and destroy (literally, maybe maybe not) with the assurance that he will be above the law.
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by nduchucks: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
Beaf:

Uncle Joe is da dude!
The one with the plan, vision and intelligence to take Nigeria to the next step come 2011!
Jonathan, don't look back; 2011 is yours already!

Uncle Joe ko, auntie Jemima ni. Goodluck Jonathan has never campaigned for any elected office on his own, he has simply ascended to various offices out of coincidence. The man has no real vision to move Nigeria forward, if he does, he is yet to tell the electorate about it.

The earlier you people started demanding the very best leadership for yourselves, the better off incoming generations will be. Stop worshiping a visionless GJ simply because he is from your region, you should have been more sophisticated than that, by now. olodo.

Any fool can top the achievement of Nigeria's recent heads of state.

Please post links or text of GJ vision and plans for Nigeria or his master plan. This man is uniquely positioned to make some bold and positive revolutionary moves - my esp tells me that he is not a true leader who can do such.

I wonder what you people will do when sisi GJ announces to the world that he will honour the PDP power rotation agreement and wait until 2015.
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by otokx(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
Another media propaganda; who are these impeccable sources?
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by FACE(m): 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Uncle Joe ko, auntie Jemima ni. Goodluck Jonathan has never campaigned for any elected office on his own, he has simply ascended to various offices out of coincidence. The man has no real vision to move Nigeria forward, if he does, he is yet to tell the electorate about it.

The earlier you people started demanding the very best leadership for yourselves, the better off incoming generations will be. Stop worshiping a visionless GJ simply because he is from your region, you should have been more sophisticated than that, by now. olodo.

Please post links or text of GJ vision and plans for Nigeria or his master plan. This man is uniquely positioned to make some bold and positive revolutionary moves - my esp tells me that he is not a true leader who can do such.

I wonder what you people will do when sisi GJ announces to the world that he will honour the PDP power rotation agreement and wait until 2015.

Alhaji Ndu_Chuks, how far ? You have started using olodo as fullstop again. Anyway, Beaf is equal to the task.

People are saying that things have improved under Jonathan. I was in Owerri/Umuahia a coupla weeks ago and noticed an improvement in electric and petrol supply compared to about 6 months ago. That doesn't look like the result of lack of vision on Jonathan's part.

I think he should be given a chance to try his best.

I know that he has been on a political horse back all these while, but that doesn't mean that he is incapable of charting his own course. By the way, show me the alternative to Jonathan.

If the alternatives are IBB, Buhari and Atiku and Jonathan fails to rig himself in, I will personally lay ambush and give him 24 lashes with koboko custom made by Ndu_Chuks.

O.k just kidding, may the man with the most votes win. People deserve the kind of leaders they elect anyway.
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by sjeezy8: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2010
FL Gators:

I smell a dear rat. . . .

pro01:

1. Political, economic and social influence (remember GJ is his 'boy').

2. Immunity from prosecution (Haliburton, power sector probe, etc.)

3. Licence to kill, steal and destroy (literally, maybe maybe not) with the assurance that he will be above the law.

He doesnt gain anything out of this except a SS/ijaw man as president of Nigeria- which solidifies th country even more.

people always think small, The halliburton case and the power probe where only used by Obj because he knows the people that took the money. But why would he indict them when they are playing by his rules-

If there as no corruption in Nigeria a southerner will not smell presidency in Nigeria-
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by OAM4J: 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
Na by force? let the guy count his cost and make up his mind.

Nigeria does need another appointed/anointed clueless president.

He has no reason to contest if he has nothing to offer and if he has to be pushed/ forced to contest.
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
ndu_chucks:

lwkmd.the guy has been there for more than four months and nothing seem to have changed so far.I wouldnt want the peaceful existence of this country to be jeopardised all because of a dunce opportunist
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I bet you wish for those in Turai's cabal you revere so much to top the foolish achievements of past Nigerian presidents and heads of state. You've got your pick from demons like IBB to thieves like Atiku. . . Don't forget that some of us noted when you advised that we should not underestimate the genius and resourcefulness of those in Turais cabal.

If Jonathan is already topping those achievements in four short months, be big enough to dobale (ask a Yoruba person to separate and translate that for you grin). Stop gripping, it leads to ulcers.

. . .Another thing, ditch your ESP, it is rubbish. Olodo! grin
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by marvix(m): 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2010
GEJ is still d grand politician in dis country nd has not failed, because it takes strength of character not 2 hav spoken abt his intentions but has left pple 2 do d job 4 him, 2 declare interest doesn't mean u hav won but wen evryone says u have won den u hav indeed won and dis is wat he wants some northerners are already encouragin him 2 run.

Yes he has made positive impact within a short time pls don't 4get dat dis is only possible due 2 d solid foundation Yaradua had built while he was alive it wld be naïve 2 think dat Jonathan solved all d probs with fuel supply by just becomin president, Yaraduas 7point agenda wld be pursued vigorosly by Jonathan dis is one reason y he must contest nd win in 2011 its d best dat can happen 2 Nigeria 4 now.

If Duke bcam president he wld want 2 start allova, if Atiku he wld start rushin 2 recova all his lost funds by massively lootin wat is left 4 IBB den prepare 4 d privatisation of d Nigerian state, hence Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 4 President 2011!!!
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by chidichris(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2010
this was the same wind that blow in 2007 now it is here again.
jonathan must be careful with the devil because no gift of his is free.
in the same manner, yar adua was brought on board and today a cementary in kastina is the best residence of yar adua.
nigeria is over 150 million in population so the idea of one man handing us over to another must be a mystery hence i suggest jonathan to distance himself from this devil incarnate.
on the other hand, why is obj wasting his time campeigning? let him go ahead and make it another do or die affair. the imposition of jonathan like yar adua will make no difference.
obj- nigeria is urs and urs alone so do whatever u want to do with it.
all u need to do via ur lucrative office as bot chairman, fix ur dog(ribadu) in a strategic position, bring another judas into inec and then the world becomes urs.
jonathan! jonathan!! Jonathan!!! all that glisters are not gold.
where is soludo today? i think in the freezers. open ur eyes and shine them very well.
have u thought of the death of yar adua and the sudden come back of all the run away criminals of this country?
e are watching and God is watching.
Re: You Must Contest, Don’t Tell Me You’re Thinking About It - obj Tells Jonathan by jimmysho(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
forcing him. nigerians will. shikena

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Illegal Refineries / Don’t Ask Me Questions On Dele Giwa, June 12 Election, Says Ibb / Sambo, Adeola, Bakare Debate Today !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.