Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match (995 Views)

Joan Laporta Returns As Barcelona President After Winning Club Elections / Tottenham Fans Excited As Heung-min South Korea Exit Asian Cup (Photos) / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match by EmagNig(m): 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Heung-Min Son could not hold back the tears as he met with his country's President Jae-in Moon at the dressing room after their World Cup match against Mexico, which they lost.

The Tottenham ace was in floods of tears on the pitch after Saturday’s 2-1 defeat by Mexico wrecked his nation’s hopes.

Son regained his composure but the waterworks opened up again when he walked into the dressing room and saw South Korea president Jae-in Moon consoling his players.

Striker Son said:

“I really didn’t want to cry but after I saw my team-mates in there, I couldn’t stop.

“I feel sorry for them, especially those who were having their first World Cup. They did a great job.”

South Korea needed to beat Mexico after losing their opening game 1-0 to Sweden. Son scored the goal of the game — a stunning 25-yard stoppage-time strike — but it was not enough to save his country.

He said:

“It was very disappointing to lose. I scored my first goal at this World Cup but it’s not important when you lose. It doesn’t matter about scoring.

“We played well against Mexico and we defended well but unluckily we conceded another penalty.
“Still, I’m really proud of my team. We have a lot of young players and it's not easy to play your first World Cup.

“It's still not finished and we will try to do our best but it's disappointing not to reach the next stage.”

https://lailasnews.com/player-weeps-as-he-meets-south-korean-president-after-world-cup-match/

lalasticlala

Re: Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match by RoyalBlak007: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
And this guy is always known for
his smiling face
Re: Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match by RoyalBlak007: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
And this guy is always known for
his smiling face

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match by EbukaHades10(m): 8:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
Damn nygaa,u fugly.

I wonder if he was a North Korean player,he would have done it in KJ's presence.
Re: Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match by somadinho10: 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
This Asians can wowo sha
Re: Heung-min Son Weeps As He Meets South Korean President After World Cup Match by EagleScribes: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
Chin up man. You fight another day

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To ISIS Threat To Kill Messi, Ronaldo At Russia? / Photos:why Is World Cup Winner Kylian Mbappe Trying To Be Like Our Man Crush? / Uefa Nations League - Stream All Matches Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.