Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? (1221 Views)

6 Best Phones With Under Display Fingerprint Sensor / A Smartphone With 5200mah, Fingerprint Sensor That Cost Just 23,000 Naira. / How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Anegbettedude: 10:24am On Jun 25, 2018
Which side of a phone is best suited for a fingerprint sensor ? Back or front?

Users haven't seem to make up their minds yet on why they will either love to have their fingerprint sensor on the Front, back or side of their devices.

According to the poll out of the 1,123 readers who voted, 49.42 percent of our readers prefer rear-facing sensors, while 39.72 percent would rather use front-facing fingerprint sensors. The remaining 10 percent would rather opt for side-facing fingerprint sensors — a hallmark of Sony phones, but not commonly used by many other mainstream manufacturers.

Lets have your views on this subject http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/468401
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by bot101(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2018
Actually, the best position for a fingerprint sensor is the screen, and that is already a reality.
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Anegbettedude: 10:28am On Jun 25, 2018
bot101:
Actually, the best position for a fingerprint sensor is the screen, and that is already a reality.
interesting bro, i just imagined that and it seems all cool.
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Opistorincos(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2018
I prefer the rear fingerprint scanner, it's a low-key ish not like the back scanner that is loud
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Darkseid(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
Opistorincos:
I prefer the rear fingerprint scanner, it's a low-key ish not like the back scanner that is loud
wetin this man dey yarn sef

8 Likes

Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by gonaij: 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Opistorincos:
oga what are you saying na , i prefer the front like Note 4 pro

1 Like

Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Opistorincos(m): 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
gonaij:
oga what are you saying na , i prefer the front like Note 4 pro

I mean front jare
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Palmerbarry: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
I prefer side placement like the ones on Sony Xperia flagships & Moto Z3.
Greenhulk ?

Peace
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Palmerbarry: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Opistorincos:
Rear means back na
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Tarivanessa(f): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Front for me, its more easy to access.
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by MrBONE2(m): 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
BoneBeing like me would like it located at front but shoould be exactly at the Home Botton grin

No WHERE BETTER THAN HOME grin

1 Like

Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Jethrolite(m): 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Front and under the screen.
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
Palmerbarry:
I prefer side placement like the ones on Sony Xperia flagships & Moto Z3.
Greenhulk ?

Peace

Front for me, but with bezels disappearing now only way to get it to the front is by in screen fingerprint scanner. I like front facing because it is easier to unlock the phone while it is on the table without picking up the phone, that is not possible with rear mounted.

3 Likes

Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by falcon01: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
On the home button
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by tafat: 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
the finger sensor on my tecno spark is at the back and i cant see any better place for it to be
Anegbettedude:
Which side of a phone is best suited for a fingerprint sensor ? Back or front?

Users haven't seem to make up their minds yet on why they will either love to have their fingerprint sensor on the Front, back or side of their devices.

According to the poll out of the 1,123 readers who voted, 49.42 percent of our readers prefer rear-facing sensors, while 39.72 percent would rather use front-facing fingerprint sensors. The remaining 10 percent would rather opt for side-facing fingerprint sensors — a hallmark of Sony phones, but not commonly used by many other mainstream manufacturers.

Lets have your views on this subject http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/468401
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by gonaij: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2018
Opistorincos:

I mean front jare
ok chief grin
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Anegbettedude: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2018
tafat:
the finger sensor on my tecno spark is at the back and i cant see any better place for it to be
cool
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Anegbettedude: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
tafat:
cool.
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by Cheifokonko(m): 1:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
The best position is at d back of d phone (just like hot 5).. putting is at d home button may bring discomfort for people with larger screen, imagine dragging ur thumb down d whole screen just to unlock d phone whereas u can easily slip ur finger to d fingerprint at d back with ease due to d way most of us hold our smartphones.

Back position is d best.
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by ewizard1: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
The best spot has always been the HOME BUTTON, but because of the big sizes of devices, its likely hard to reach the home button with the thumb, its why the "Under The screen" was placed so it could be moved up a lil for easy thumb access. grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Side Of A Phone Is Best Suited For Fingerprint Sensor ? by bot101(m): 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
All of una wey dey talk home button and back, fingerprint on screen dey purge una??

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Vs Xiaomi MI 9 SE / Airtel 5GB For 500 (night Plan Bundle) / TECNO Camon12 Air Complete Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.