Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. (751 Views)

Destiny Etiko Twerks For D'Banj (Video) / Lady Flashes Her Panties While Twerking Up A Storm For D'banj On Stage (Photos) / Bernice Burgos In Nigeria For D'banj's Album 'The Kingdom Come' Club Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by emahomidhe: 11:55am On Jun 25, 2018
This morning , to fulfill my morning routine, I decided to breeze through nairaland, and there it was boooomb! D'banj's son is dead! Drowns in a pool.
Not a good way to start a Monday. If he had died of an illness, or other inevitable ways, an accident maybe , I would have understood and manage my pains better. But damn it! He died an avoidable death. If those who were supposed to be up and doing about their duty were alert, he'd still be here.
To say the least, I am heartbroken and deprived of my early "Monday joy" yes I'm among few who love Monday mornings.
I am a mother . The first flash I got was this boy walking briskly to the pool, splash the water playfully with his hands, put in his first leg, then the second and pooooosh went into the water, struggling and gasping for air expecting a hand to pull him up. Where is mum and Dad? Where are those who said they love me ? And death in its quick grip,again took this one. I replaced my son with Daniel in the above scenario and I vomited. It was hard to imagine.
I went through the reply online, some said D'banj has used him for ritual, while others insulted the couple endlessly. All manner of jabs were thrown against this agonizing couple.
THIS IS A CASE of CHILD NEGLIGENCE no more, no less.
If it was a country where the law works, the law would have raised against everyone who were supposed to have kept this boy safe.
As parents, we love our kids to the moon yet we make mistake. Mistake that keep us wondering if we worth being a parent.(I once mistakenly hit the door on my baby's head. He cried a river) but a mistake that involved death is costly, most especially the ones that was from negligence and totally avoidable.

Once toddler begin to walk, they are over excited and want to explore. They should be monitored extensively and watch over like chick. The hawk could come flying unannounced.
It is not a question of why they have pool in their home , heck! They have the right to, or a question of being used for a ritual.(that's a gross mentality) but a question of why allow a toddler walk about without supervision? Or why weren't security measures put in place ? But then we can never be too careful until this happen.

I employ everyone not to castigate this couple, they are suffering already. Rather , pray for and encourage them.
May the lord give them the fortitude to bear this and come out stronger.
Myself and many mothers have learnt from this. You can never be too careful with parenting .
Little boy sleep on in peace.we are sorry that those who were suppose to be there failed you.

Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
Serious negligence o.
Full investigation needed.
I don’t buy his excuses. undecided
I doubt the little boy drowned.
Nobody around?

1 Like

Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
undecided
Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Latest Pool Safely Stats: At Least 163 Children Fatally Drowned in Pools and Spas This Summer

The following states suffered the highest number of pool and spa drownings involving children younger than 15 from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2017*:
Florida: 25
California: 14
Texas: 14
Arizona: 10
Georgia: 7
Ohio: 7
Virginia: 7
Indiana: 6
Louisiana: 6

https://www.cpsc.gov/Latest-Pool-Safely-Stats-At-Least-163-Children-Fatally-Drowned-in-Pools-and-Spas-This-Summer

When children drown, they don't make a noise, they can't.
This tragedy could happen to any family.

RIP little ANGEL.
Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by babythug(f): 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
I must admit I judged the parents initially . I castigated them and felt they were culpable of negligence. But immediately I looked at myself and realised I was being unfair and unkind. I did my castigations out of sheer anguish Caused by this tragedy. and yet I don't even know this family directly.

The poor couple are suffering they may never recover from this incident .

All of us are guilty of this toddler neglect no matter how brief. We've only been lucky never to get caught. Toddlers are so damn quick you only need to look away for a few seconds and there's a disaster waiting to happen!

God have mercy on us all. May He comfort Dbanj and his Mrs

3 Likes

Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by ireneidiva(f): 3:44am On Jun 26, 2018
emahomidhe:
This morning , to fulfill my morning routine, I decided to breeze through nairaland, and there it was boooomb! D'banj's son is dead! Drowns in a pool.
Not a good way to start a Monday. If he had died of an illness, or other inevitable ways, an accident maybe , I would have understood and manage my pains better. But damn it! He died an avoidable death. If those who were supposed to be up and doing about their duty were alert, he'd still be here.
To say the least, I am heartbroken and deprived of my early "Monday joy" yes I'm among few who love Monday mornings.
I am a mother . The first flash I got was this boy walking briskly to the pool, splash the water playfully with his hands, put in his first leg, then the second and pooooosh went into the water, struggling and gasping for air expecting a hand to pull him up. Where is mum and Dad? Where are those who said they love me ? And death in its quick grip,again took this one. I replaced my son with Daniel in the above scenario and I vomited. It was hard to imagine.
I went through the reply online, some said D'banj has used him for ritual, while others insulted the couple endlessly. All manner of jabs were thrown against this agonizing couple.
THIS IS A CASE of CHILD NEGLIGENCE no more, no less.
If it was a country where the law works, the law would have raised against everyone who were supposed to have kept this boy safe.
As parents, we love our kids to the moon yet we make mistake. Mistake that keep us wondering if we worth being a parent.(I once mistakenly hit the door on my baby's head. He cried a river) but a mistake that involved death is costly, most especially the ones that was from negligence and totally avoidable.

Once toddler begin to walk, they are over excited and want to explore. They should be monitored extensively and watch over like chick. The hawk could come flying unannounced.
It is not a question of why they have pool in their home , heck! They have the right to, or a question of being used for a ritual.(that's a gross mentality) but a question of why allow a toddler walk about without supervision? Or why weren't security measures put in place ? But then we can never be too careful until this happen.

I employ everyone not to castigate this couple, they are suffering already. Rather , pray for and encourage them.
May the lord give them the fortitude to bear this and come out stronger.
Myself and many mothers have learnt from this. You can never be too careful with parenting .
Little boy sleep on in peace.we are sorry that those who were suppose to be there failed you.

Nobody even knows the full story. Please delete this insensitive and silly post.
Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by emahomidhe: 3:47am On Jun 26, 2018
ireneidiva:

Nobody even knows the full story. Please delete this insensitive and silly post.

I didn't say that was exactly what happened, I only imagined it. You do not have to call my post silly you know ? We are all pained.
Re: Child Negligence: A Case For D'banj's Late Son. by ireneidiva(f): 7:38am On Jun 26, 2018
emahomidhe:

I didn't say that was exactly what happened, I only imagined it. You do not have to call my post silly you know ? We are all pained.
It is very silly and wicked. Imagine how the parents will feel if they read it. Nobody wishes for their child to die. These kind of posts can even make the parents commit suicide.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Okoye, Popularly Known As Mr P Has Bagged Two Nominations. / Fans Blast Eniola Badmus For 'posing' As A Kid On Instagram / Mc Edopikin The Ogapkatapka Of Them All Slay In New Stylish Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.