Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. (17664 Views)

What Makes The New Infinix Smart 2 Pro Special? / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / How Long Should You Charge Your Phone The First Time After Buying It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2018
Norman4real:
Just to correct you, it's using android one, not android go. There's a big difference.
U say a 6 inch FHD is the first on an infinix note device, but this is not true since the note 3 also had 6 inch FHD.
I see no issue with plastic body, especially if it helps keep the price low. This is still a mid range phone. If I saw plastic on a "Zero" phone then I' d have issues.
I too have concern with their option to go with a mtk but p23 is a 2018 chip and I'd prefer it over an out dated SD821 as you'd suggested.

U just said what I was about to write. Its android one and not android go. And I would have been disappointed if Infinix used that mediocre Snapdragon 425 they used on the hot 6 pro on this. I mean that thing is 1.4ghz quad core processor. The P23 on the Note 5 is octacore 2.0ghz (can be overclocked to 2.3 ghz). Though it would have been better of they used Snapdragon 625 or above, but the Helio P23 they used is still better than that Snapdragon 425 on the Hot 6 pro.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2018
Jephz:
Bros ...don't say what u don't know.....hot 6/pro didn't come with snap dragon ...
It is made of glass not plastic

Its plastic bro. Say what u know.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by ArinzeRaph: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2018
Hurlarzan139:
Anybody wey wish to enjoy beta phone should switch to IPhone or Samsung.. All this yeye phone na scam unless you want to be using it to play musics and games..
them no dey come cheap
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by kerike: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2018
Infinix is a useless phone my zero 4 is having a touchpad problem just after 3months of purchase to hell with Infinix
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by correctBlogger(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2018
Jephz:
Bros ...don't say what u don't know.....hot 6/pro didn't come with snap dragon ...
It is made of glass not plastic

What is wrong with this one... abi which planet did you just land from, because i'm very sure you've not been in planet earth since, for you to say this trash you just said here..
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by correctBlogger(m): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2018
Norman4real:
Just to correct you, it's using android one, not android go. There's a big difference.
U say a 6 inch FHD is the first on an infinix note device, but this is not true since the note 3 also had 6 inch FHD.
I see no issue with plastic body, especially if it helps keep the price low. This is still a mid range phone. If I saw plastic on a "Zero" phone then I' d have issues.
I too have concern with their option to go with a mtk but p23 is a 2018 chip and I'd prefer it over an out dated SD821 as you'd suggested.

Did you just say Snapdragon 821 is dated? so tell me, how do your latest Mediatek P30 to Snapdragon 821.. The Samsung Galaxy S7 uses Snapdragon 821, now tell me, can you put the Infinix Note 5 of 2018 with a Mediatek P30 close to a Samsung Galaxy S7 of 2016 with a Snapdragon 821? Please do your research well.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by correctBlogger(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2018
tmanis:
Y'all be calling for Snapdragon processors and premium build but not wanting to pay the price... You seem to forget that such phoned already exist, they are the expensive samsungs

There are other less expensive phones that are way more cheaper than what Infinix and Tecno are offering with premium builds and better processors..

And speaking of premium, i didn't say i was expecting a glass body phone, at least let them leave our aluminium for us, is that one too much to ask for, and speaking of processors too, i didn't say i was expecting a Snapdragon 845 Chipset, at least a Snapdragon 625 would have been better, abi will that one raise the phone price up to a 100 thousand?
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by raphyco(m): 10:12am On Jun 26, 2018
undecided lipsrsealed lubbish
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by tmanis(m): 10:29am On Jun 26, 2018
correctBlogger:

There are other less expensive phones that are way more cheaper than what Infinix and Tecno are offering with premium builds and better processors..

And speaking of premium, i didn't say i was expecting a glass body phone, at least let them leave our aluminium for us, is that one too much to ask for, and speaking of processors too, i didn't say i was expecting a Snapdragon 845 Chipset, at least a Snapdragon 625 would have been better, abi will that one raise the phone price up to a 100 thousand?

You're kidding me with the bolded right?

1. The current Infinix note 4 is just over 50k on jumia, this note 5 can't pass 70-75k, to drop in price within two months.

2. The Snapdragon 625 is an early 2016 chip, the MTK p23 is a mid 2017 chip, this is mid 2018.

3. Blackberry Keyone with sd625 is over 150k.(smaller screen, smaller battery)

4. Xiaomi redmi 6 pro with sd625 is 83k. (smaller screen, smaller battery).

5. Old Xiaomi mi Max 2 with sd625 starts over 82k.

6. Most Nigerians put cases over their phones, so the build quality of metal or glass all just end up being admired for the 10 minutes before a case goes on forever, all we really look at on our phones on the screen in front...

The average Nigerian will rather pick the cheaper phone, that will do all they need to do, put a case on it, and use the 10k change they saved by not getting a more expensive phone to buy 1k sub for the next 10 months...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by Norman4real(m): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2018
correctBlogger:

Did you just say Snapdragon 821 is dated? so tell me, how do your latest Mediatek P30 to Snapdragon 821.. The Samsung Galaxy S7 uses Snapdragon 821, now tell me, can you put the Infinix Note 5 of 2018 with a Mediatek P30 close to a Samsung Galaxy S7 of 2016 with a Snapdragon 821? Please do your research well.
my issue is not necessarily with it's performance, i just feel like it would make the phone unnecessarily expensive for a 3yr old chip.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by correctBlogger(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2018
Norman4real:
my issue is not necessarily with it's performance, i just feel like it would make the phone unnecessarily expensive for a 3yr old chip.

Now this is what i call an intelligent point.. you just impressed me right now.. oya come and collect 200 Naira Recharge card.. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by madgoat(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2018
correctBlogger:
Alright guys, now in case you don't know, the long waited and much anticipated next Infinix Note devices have been launched, cmon i'm talking of the New Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Pro smart phones here baby..

[img]https://3.bp..com/-3IRT9r2fynQ/WzD-9CKJkxI/AAAAAAAAAUU/D7qJH7R33QQeLjVpbFoqIJKyyB9V3BE4gCLcBGAs/s1600/Infinix-Note-5-14.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-027817UKIcM/WzD_A0DLRcI/AAAAAAAAAUc/YQh2jxMrDHARKVgQIsgrw5zPwaniCeRxQCLcBGAs/s1600/Infinix-Note-5-04.png[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-21dOHIzwzXU/WzD_Dp4SoKI/AAAAAAAAAUk/ME5Msic9zZ4n0KbaB8tRB5g_5MJ97zI9gCLcBGAs/s1600/Infinix-Note-5.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-iDpPJgEUcdA/WzD--olHskI/AAAAAAAAAUY/x4tp5UpJSOEMklFLOvZQ8FTnZJeQ6qUTgCLcBGAs/s1600/Infinix-Note-5-review.jpg[/img]

And like everyone, i'm pretty happy, you know that kind of happiness you'd get when your neighbour's wife just gives birth to a new bouncing baby boy.. Lol, yes that's the kind of happiness i'm talking about here... grin grin

But even despite our happiness and like every other smart phones out there, you don't expect everything to be perfect just like the way you wanted it to.. So this post is not written to castigate the new Infinix Note 5 and the Note 5 Pro and paint them black just like i know many of you are already thinking and you're already waiting standby to start throwing stones at my head... tongue tongue

So this post is only written to point out those spectacular specs and features of the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Pro, and some of those specs which we personally think that Infinix should have done better.. and here are some of the things we will be discussing in this post today..

1. The Body (Why Did Infinix Stick To Using Plastic Body on the Note 5 even when the world is now migrating to using glass bodies) same thing on the last Infinix Hot S3 and the Hot 6 smart phones.

2. The displays are good. A 6 inch display with a FHD resolution, first on Infinix Note series devices.

3. Software too is pretty on point, Android Oreo Go Edition gives you a buttery smooth performance with little or no lags on a 3GB smart phone.

4. Why did infinix went back to using a Mediatek processor after using Snapdragons on the last Infinix Hot S3 and the Infinix Hot 6 and Hot 6 Pro, no offenses but i was really expecting nothing less than a Snapdragon 660, 700 or even 821 on this smart phone.

5. If the Infinix Hot 6 and 6 Pro shipped with dual cameras, then why couldn't the new Note 5 ship with one instead of the single 12MP camera it currently have.. even the 12MP i'm pretty sure cannot come close to other 12MP camera flaunting devices we have out there.. if you know what i mean.

But not withstanding, the camera also has some AI Object Recognition and Real Time Text Translation feature which we will be discussing in indepth.

6. Then finally the X-pen, last year only the Pro variant of the Note 4 got the X-pen, and this year the same thing, but for God's sake we all know that the X-pen shouldn't be a differentiating factor between the two variants.. But just like someone used to say, what do i know? nothing..

So those stuffs written up there are just a quick preview of what we've written in the complete and detailed article that is present right now on our official web page where we discussed everything in depth with a lot of images to go with them. Trust me, the article is pretty interesting you might even end up reading it up to 10times over.. Lol.. grin grin

So just follow the link below to see everything in detail..and in brother shaggi's voice.. Taink You.. grin grin

http://www.correctblogger.com/2018/06/infinix-note-5-pro-specifications-and-review.html

There is something wrong with you. Nothing will ever make me open your useless blog and i hope others dont fall for your useless lame tricks.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by correctBlogger(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2018
madgoat:

There is something wrong with you. Nothing will ever make me open your useless blog and i hope others dont fall for your useless lame tricks.

Can't you even see your Moniker? MadGoat.. grin grin.. its not my fault, but you are simply mad my brother, and also a goat ontop of it.. grin grin
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by Horduncee(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2018
naijacentric:
Infinix is a scam i thought dey were different from tecno i just wish samsung n co were cheaper
You are not okay

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by Badookelzi(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2018
1)its android one and not android go
2)infinx note 3 comes with FHD
3)helio p23 is the best the could use i prefer it to snapdragon 430 0r 425
4)snapdragon 660,710,821 would make the price reach 75k
5)whether its plastic or metal is of no use to us because we will put a casing on it and wont even notice if it was made of metal or plastic

newbie blogger, research well before posting rubbish.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by naijacentric(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2018
Horduncee:
You are not okay
mumu where is my medicine
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by slirkmot: 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yeye dey worry this reviewer.

I just got one note5 and it's very great.

Go and eat your review.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. by credon: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
The benefits of Android one are numerous but one that stands out is Android upgrades. Android upgrades from one os version to the next is always a challenge for manufacturers because of the heavy customisation or modifications of the Android os to enhance it's performances, but Android one is stock Android in order to simplify the the upgrade process, thats why note 5 and note 5 stylus joined nokia and xiaomi and other Android one phones to upgrade their phones to Android 9 in 2018 and 2019.
But with the 2 year upgrade assurances from google for Android one phones, even though nokia stated 3 years, the question is if infinix would honor its own product by upgrading to Android 10 when its released (usually beta testing first).l believe we should not let ourselves out by keeping quiet, we should storm their blog http://wap.infinix.club/ download the app and put pressure, twitter handle @infinixnigeria and @infinixindia to demand what the phones should get

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Samsung A30 Just Arrived / Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? / How Long Can A 5050mah Battery Last You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.