Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son (33212 Views)

DJ Cuppy Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Her Family On A Yacht / Mr Eazi Joins DJ Cuppy, Temi Otedola And Family On A Golf Trip. / Bernice Burgos In Nigeria For D'banj's Album 'The Kingdom Come' Club Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by tfelicityk(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Accept my condolences... May God showers His blessings and Mercy upon the family... May God bless the family with more children.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by RexTramadol1: 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Good.....buh can d mourning be over?

Parents mourn the death of the kids that actually spent considerable time on earth with them for a lifetime

Just say at a specific time, they should report.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Jennifer89(f): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Rubbish! They should channel their energy on the current killings going on in Jos
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by israelmao(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nigerian police and its aftermath findings.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by yomibelle(f): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
ok
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Lexxyyla(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
Great! Negligence or carelessness is an offence
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Sisijetue(f): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
Make una go plateau and do the needful. Misplaced priority SMH
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by SolexxBarry(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
R.I.P young one
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by els0nm0rali(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
I guess everybody in that house is a suspect until proven otherwise and the case is murder until facts proves otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Centcanada: 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nice move finally!
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Nancy2018(f): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
DogCynophile:
Iranu, have they asked how 86 people were killed in jos?
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by muyexzy: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
In a sane country, somebody is already behind bars. no sentiments attached...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by amanikondo: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
So many deaths that needs investigations are ignored.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Craziestgirl(f): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
After the mourning period!
After any significant evidence has been altered?
Investigations are usually commenced immediately.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by MARKone(m): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
wow, are you serious

Yes that is the procedure, but this is Nigeria, the NPF in this case will only come for a condolence visit. Know a Nigeria couple that was jailed in the US for similar incident.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
A family member and his wife lost their kid after 4 miscarriages. They had noticed that the kid was lethargic and refusing food. They went to their GP and were given paracetamol. The GP reckoned it's one of those teething problems which will clear in time. They told the parents to bring him back in if the situation deteriorates.

Less than 12 hours later it did. They rushed to the GP who in turn got them an ambulance to take them to the University Teaching Hospital.

In short the kid died.

As soon as death was pronounced, 5 different agencies of the state went into action. The Police visited their home with search warrants (whilst the parents were still in the hospital). They took records of all the drugs in the cabinet. They took possession of the buggy for forensics analysis. They checked their purchase records and associations to see if they aren't linked to sinister gangs or groups.

The hospital then proceeded to carry out a post mortem.

ALL OF THESE WAS DONE BECAUSE A CHILD IS A SEPARATE LEGAL ENTITY FROM THE PARENTS AND THE STATE OWES THEM A DUTY OF CARE LIKE THEY DO TO THE PARENTS.

In the end, the post-mortem revealed that the child had an infection which ought to have been detected by the GP. So the entire NHS took responsibility. Because of the glaring FAILURE of the state, the parents were given apologies and a tidy 5 figure sum in £££ was awarded to them tax free.

(I asked them to reject it and push the case to court, but the mum told me she has no emotional reserve to go the whole hog and would rather spend time to mourn her baby).

The couple now have more than 2 kids.

WHY WOULD NIGERIA NEVER MOVE FORWARD?

Lack of understanding. And fake offers of empathy. Empathy doesn't mean that you forgo all legal responsibility to one party at the expense of another.

Because someone is a celebrity doesn't mean i owe him anything. He has his FAMILY, FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES to do that!

If a minor dies in your pool, that NEEDS investigation. The best that will come out of it will be a tweak in the law which will make it criminal to install swimming pools without providing fool-proof health and safety measures.

Because the people involved are DBanj and his wife who are celebrities, we are being asked to forgo the law and 'show empathy'. How stupid? Of course i feel for them. But how do we help prevent future occurrences if we do not investigate what we have now and build structures to prevent?

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW YOU ASSIST THE LAW TO BE BROKEN AND LATER LAMENT 'How did we get here?'.

You have foreclosed ALL other possibilities in a death. All because you want to 'show empathy'.

I just don't know what is wrong with awa pipo. SMH

-Jesse Bay

I concur 100%
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by czarina(f): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
Just what should be done. Someone must be held responsible for such negligence!
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by karimcarim(m): 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yes I support that, the parent must be charge for Child Abuse and negligence for wasting this kind of tomorrow's Future leader of our great Nation.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by sexdoll: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
good one!

that's exactly how it's done in a civilized society where human life is valued.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Akpacha(m): 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lomprico2:
Useless police.
If na poor man pikin drown na one hopeless copral dem go send but because na big man, a whole commissioner of police dey interested. angry
that's y u should work hard not to be poor.
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by mimimile93: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Opinionated:
The police has released a statement on the death of Dbanj’s son yesterday in Lagos.

Read the statement next…

THE SUDDEN DEATH OF LITTLE DANIEL

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Edgal Imohimi, on behalf of officers and men of Lagos State Police Command, wishes to commiserate with the family of Mr and Mrs Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo a.k.a D’BANJ on the death of their one year old son, Daniel (Jnr) Oyebanjo whose sad event took place yesterday 24/06/2018, at the Ikoyi-Lagos residence of the family.

The CP wants the family to know that at this period of their grief, the entire Command shares in their pain.

Although a delegation from the Command, led by the Divisional Police Officer, Ikoyi Division, CSP Mustapha N’Abba, who were at the Ikoyi home of the Oyebanjos on a condolence visit did not meet anyone at home, it is expected that when the mourning period is over, the family will formally report the circumstances that led to the unfortunate death of little Daniel to the police. May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

CSP Chike Oti
Police Public Relations Officer Lagos
Lagos State Police Command.

Source: Police to Dbanj and Family: We Commiserate with You But Tell us How Little Daniel Died
Naija we are getting there. This boy should be jailed. Thanks to PMB admin
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Like say dem care undecided
If you go there with bribery things, thunder that will fire you enn,,,
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Like say dem care undecided

If you go there with bribery things, thunder that will fire you enn,,,
U wan go put salt on their wounds, abi?undecided
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Truflexunits(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
OMG....... � quote author=spartan50 post=68819628]Leave them t cryo mourn... Biko people are killed at jos you dey run go dbanj... Protect us from this impending war staring us. I just can't express my deepest regret that am a Nigerian, I am just disappointed at this government [/quote]
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Fortissimo502: 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
mimimile93:
Naija we are getting there. This boy should be jailed. Thanks to PMB admin
Who should be jailed? The person that was overseas when the incident happened?

2 Likes

Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Holocene(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Dude is lucky this is in Nigeria. He could have gone to jail for 2nd degree murder in the US.

Naija police wan just use style show say dem still de around grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
GOOD IDEA, THEY SHOULD SUE D'BANJ AND HIS FAMILY
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by Tomoyayi(m): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hypocrites, what about the other killings in the country

I am surprised at some of the comments here o. Chai

1 Like

Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by tiredoflife(m): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Wow so they will wait after the child has being buried
No need to investigate
No crime scene
No evidence to prove the child died by accident
Nothing
Just like that
So the mother will be left to just tell them how she thinks it happened
The child maybe in the custody of the oyedapo's but the child belongs to Nigeria
And every Nigerian deserves a solid investigation over cause of death
But the Police doesn't know their job
Re: Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son by joepentwo(m): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
Someone shud wake me frm dis daydream,..pls teh me am nt in the STATES?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos PPRO, Dolapo Badmos And Her Squad In Adorable Photo / Yvonne Nelson: How Money From Nigeria Funded My Ghanaian Movies / Agbani Darego Poses In Bikini Bottom And Tank Top At The Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.