Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nigeria Now The Poorest Country On Earth And The Deadliest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now The Poorest Country On Earth And The Deadliest (358 Views)

Judiciary Could Have Set The Country On Fire, Reactions ToS’court Ruling On Kano / Amina Mohammed: Nigeria Is The Best Country On Earth / Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Now The Poorest Country On Earth And The Deadliest by desmond2pk: 5:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Rewind back to pre 2015 election, the apc , being the opposition then, were giving Nigerians better options and promises that even paradise would be jealous of. From 3 million jobs a year to N45 a litre of petrol. Even, the then governor of Lagos, chief Raji Fashola, rubbished the pdp government efforts to give Nigerians steady power supply by claiming that power supply is not a rocket science that, any serious minded government would achieve that under 6 months. He even compared power plants to 1000 sets of i-pass-my-neighbor generator. Concerning boko haram, buhari, the apc presidential candidate claimed that he would lead from the front. He spoke as if he had a magic wand that could eliminate boko haram in 3 months.
Nigerians were pitched against themselves, ready to start killing themselves if buhari was not elected. As God would have it, buhari was finally elected, so all threats of war were assuaged or I would say were aborted.
The then government, the pdp government warned Nigerians to be ready for a terrible moment.
Fast forward to 2018; the apc government just marked the democracy day, making it their 3rd since they took office. Nigerians are experiencing a different type of governance. The level of poverty in Nigeria today can only be compared to those at war. Nigeria, who was at per with Brazil as the world best economy before this government came in has surpassed India and Somalia as a country with the highest number of people under poverty and the most deadliest country to live in.
under this government, more than 6 million jobs have been lost and many foreign and local companies closed. The prices of food items have sky rocketed to a level that it is now impossible to eat a meal a day. For a example, a rubber of yam that costed about N300 three years ago is now N1000.
Nepotism has taking over the government. People are being killed daily in their homes while the security agents do nothing because of tribal affiliation. It has never been this bad since Nigeria got independence from the British.
Re: Nigeria Now The Poorest Country On Earth And The Deadliest by EjimaQuintana: 5:36am On Jun 26, 2018
See wertin ah fit wake up for morning come read.....mtcheeeewp...... Why are our leaders like this?? Abi dem dey use helmet take cover face wen dem travel go oda countries dat r well developed? I can bet you that you cant stay in UK as as illegal immigrant n still walk around free bt here in Nigeria, nobody will even knw weda u b illegal immigrant or not, once our police see foreign man, dem no go even check am, dem no go even ask am abt some documents dat gives him right to stay, some even go about doing businesses here...... I remember someday I was driving with a friend, a Bangladesh man hit our car from behind in a traffic, he was even making a call,,,,,, I wasn't expecting him to pay for anything, but for him to come down and see that its someone's car dat he jst hit.....when I approached him, immediately, two yeye policemen come from nowhere, see as oyibo come red, come say ah wan kidnap am....if not for d fact dat witnesses wer der, omo na so dem for grab me ooooo....... I wonder weda hope still dey again for diz our naija but as they say, when der is life, der is hope.........diz topic pain me die...
Re: Nigeria Now The Poorest Country On Earth And The Deadliest by ebuk4real(m): 6:01am On Jun 26, 2018
Na today? What did we expect when every state in Nigeria, including the almighty Federal government, is simply a government of the criminals, by the criminals and for the criminals.....

Never you weep for Nigeria.....it's gone beyond the redeemable. Unless it's restructured now that there's still time, its demise is just a matter of time.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Targets Number One Investment Destination / Faac Stalemate: Salaries May Be Delayed --- Adeosun / Senior Citizen Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.